SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

Server issues are a pain in the ass. I rent my current windows VPS from AccuWebHosting (http://www.accuwebhosting.com/windows-vps-server-hosting.html) and have almost no issues with latency, bandwidth, or uptime. Might be worth looking into if 1&1 is as horrible as everyone says.

Well, i've told them my eyes are open to the problems and i'm looking around. Maybe it'll make an impact and maybe it won't. At any rate, haven't heard anything new as of yet.

Thanks for the update, Kyp.  Your efforts are appreciated.

Saying this is lame is like saying that a do-it-yourself circumcision kit is a slightly bad idea, but knowing you're on top of the issue takes the edge off a bit.  Being a technician and seeing 1and1's smoke-and-mirrors routine on their Facebook page, I really hope you can find a good alternative.

Edited by Stormwraith

I would drop them with the quickness, phone Comcast up, if the Server is on the East Coast, dunno where you're located or the Servers are, it would solve a ton of connection problems, even Megan Hour, go with their Business speeds, just a thought 

Thank you for keeping us informed

• Upvote 2

Ugh Soo painful, cant spend my weekend on ENB sniff sniff.... oh well there are other games, and I hope 1and1 gets this sorted out soon since it seems to be their issue.

anyway Still getting global connection errors so I guess Ill head to bed and hope tomorrow is a better day

survived what 9 years without enb what's a couple of more days...

Keep up the good work and keep us informed Kyp and the rest of the Devs

Hej everyone.

I just wanna point this out without pointing any fingers or so.

All my problems and what is said to be ISP related issues started after the last patsh that included the "proxy Fix".

Game hasent really run smoothly 1 day after that.  I tried every and all diffrent launcher setting ike prototype on/off..  deleted all th6 and so on.

I can't land on planets without having to relog. I can't gate propperly and lag goes bananas ever so often.  so...

Does this have nothing do with the current problems?  I mean it strikes me as very odd coinsidence that the proxy goes bork exactly the same time as

the ISP starts to have more trouble then ever.

I hope your right ofc and its all on ISP's end.  And ofc i respect that non be happier then the staff if theres was no issues at all so focus could be all on content.

Whatever the cause i wish you best of luck in solving it :)

Johnsilver :ph34r:

Looks like 1 & 1 disabled a lot of compromised/attacked servers in their network tonight, so the game server seems to run better today.

Hope the other customers are fixing their invulnerabilities before they put their servers back online, so it won't happen again soon(tm).

Hej everyone.

I just wanna point this out without pointing any fingers or so.

All my problems and what is said to be ISP related issues started after the last patsh that included the "proxy Fix".

Game hasent really run smoothly 1 day after that.  I tried every and all diffrent launcher setting ike prototype on/off..  deleted all th6 and so on.

I can't land on planets without having to relog. I can't gate propperly and lag goes bananas ever so often.  so...

Does this have nothing do with the current problems?  I mean it strikes me as very odd coinsidence that the proxy goes bork exactly the same time as

the ISP starts to have more trouble then ever.

I hope your right ofc and its all on ISP's end.  And ofc i respect that non be happier then the staff if theres was no issues at all so focus could be all on content.

Whatever the cause i wish you best of luck in solving it :)

Johnsilver :ph34r:

The Proxy's purpose is to deal with a translation from UDP/TCP packets as needed for the original game client, that is all. It has absolutely no effect that will cause direct lag like this except for flat dropped packets which would indicate a network misconfiguration on your side.

At any rate, the cause of the issue yesterday was that their networks were receiving a heavy DDoS related attack because of a vulnerability in the Plesk reseller software used to host websites (which we have installed, but I plugged the security hole ahead of time). However, many of their customers did not, and those servers were causing network lag as they tried to attack whatever the final target was.

Well after being able to play fine all day after yesterday's lag fiasco, the lag for me is once again back and the game is completely unplayable again. Others are reporting no lag, but I must be being routed through a problem area again or something being in the UK. Seriously not cool :(

Nope, still up - but i can see the same messages on the console (Ack requests) i saw last week during the DDoS attacks, so obv. there are still some servers in the 1&1 network not being fixed as of yet.

Nothing we can do from our side...

Not sure what's going on. I got multiple characters all over the place but I cannot log in any of them and server population does not seem to change on the net-7 launcher.

Whenever I try to log in any of them I get the following error after selecting the character:
Sector-Login-Error.png

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Not sure what's going on. I got multiple characters all over the place but I cannot log in any of them and server population does not seem to change on the net-7 launcher.

Whenever I try to log in any of them I get the following error after selecting the character:
Sector-Login-Error.png

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ditto :D

• RedKite locked this topic
  • Kyp unlocked this topic