SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

It's almost summer here in the States...time to mow that jungle we told the wife or significant other or mother that it is the latest in being green let the lawn go to seed for a greener lawn next year.  Or, dig out that old favorite game.  Go on a picnic, sit outside and read a book, volunteer to fill sand bags for the flooded areas. Tons and tons of stuff to do.   

its not only the states who are playing the game

• Upvote 1

We will restart (hardware) our server very soon to make sure "we are fine", before we give the ISP's the hell... :)

So you know, we will let the "ISP hungry Rancor our of the cage"....

Or like someone just said:

"...this is no moon..."

Server is restarting but we can see already that the problems are outside of our machine, somewhere in the network...like a dying switch maybe or attack...shrug.

Kyp will torture the ISP now....

Ran Winmtr and dint realy see any problems with ISP or the internet in general, actually, its never been better LOL, go figure.......

attachicon.gifserver test.htm

TS is lagging as well, so its somewhere in the network before our gameserver.

Small packets (WInMTR) might not show that, you need like 4K packets, forcing fragmentation.

I'm seeing some disturbing and incorrect comments for the few that seem to be getting through in-game, such as this:

[attachment=2629:Capture.JPG]

This is NOT (I repeat, NOT) the cause of this problem. After we verified there was no issue with our server and game code, I contacted 1&1 who informed me that they are currently suffering a UDP packet based DDoS attack. Our game server uses UDP, hence the crazy slowness. Their administrators are currently looking into the problem but this goes over and above Net-7. I will update in this thread as I hear more.

This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to convert the stream from UDP at the server to TCP and then pipe it to the client box where it is then reconverted back to UDP? That would keep all the UDP portion on local machines and thus shouldn't be susceptible to a lot of these drop packet issues. Maybe I am misunderstanding the issue though.

The client is very much not liking to play with most things in TCP. we tried in the past for problems with UDP packets being dropped. It doesn't work out well, thus far. Although we've had some recent ideas we're looking into.

Kyp's the locked up Rancor? That explains alot lol j/k

Glad to finally know what is going on. Been trying all day and most of last night to log in with no luck, or huge lag.

Will keep trying and hopefully get thru with no lag.

hi guys well i cant connect anymore i keep getting message at megan about can connect ??? oh well waste of a weekend i know its not you guys but wow this is bad hmm oh well its life some A hole at 1and1 or some one who hates them did this by the way we are not the only one affected by this 2 of games i play are smashed to hell to lol hopefully so they wi,ll fix it all

• RedKite locked this topic
  • Kyp unlocked this topic