SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

Hi Zack, we seem to be having problems again, several people unable to log accounts in, some stuck in zones, others unable to stay logged in. Some reporting buttons not working, Sorry to keep bothering you. Please could we have another reset

Regards

Tulkas

Again as always, please respect zackman. No need to add posts, cheers guys :)

• Like 1

Hiya Zackman, login issues since the restart: many DC's, stuck on loading/galaxy map, and once in-game unable to do anything (chat, warp, skill use). Many users are experiencing these issues.

I logged into the game and did a few tests like flying, docking gating etc.

All works fine for me and my question for problems wasnt answered in game except one player reorting multi-player problems, but that sounded like a UDP/NAT problem (and multi player isnt actively supported anyway).

Please make sure you report only server problems here.

To make sure, your problem isnt network/internet related, please ask others if they have problems too.

If so, it seems to be a problem with the server and the report should go here.

Fly safe!

Hello,

I don't think that the issue is related to multi-boxing. As far as I can tell is selective in a random way and seems more related to a specific account. Each of my toons are on different accounts and each is different in behavior. It seems I can play my TE or my TT without any issue, then I log my JE or my PS and in random timeline, not very long less than a 3 minutes, I get like a broken communication. I tried it on two different ISP's, but also on mobile data connection. Same results and the issue seems similar with the one from the last week that went away after the second server restart.

Stay safe and have fun!

PS After posting it, I relogged my TE and it behaved similar as I previously described my JE/PS and when I logged, it was already grouped with another unknow toon called Iced. This to add to the weird behavior. 

Edited by Deuskhan

5 hours ago, Zackman said:

I logged into the game and did a few tests like flying, docking gating etc.

All works fine for me and my question for problems wasnt answered in game except one player reorting multi-player problems, but that sounded like a UDP/NAT problem (and multi player isnt actively supported anyway).

Please make sure you report only server problems here.

To make sure, your problem isnt network/internet related, please ask others if they have problems too.

If so, it seems to be a problem with the server and the report should go here.

Fly safe!

I only report when I see half of the player population DC and then stay low for hours. I know Woody was seeing this as welI but since I was unable to chat/login its difficult to confirm with other players if they are seeing the same thing other than a few comments in new player before I lose connection. I do believe the issue is related to the login server and playerids and its pretty common.

It tends to happen when the server gets busy, for the week, and is most noticeable usually on the weekend where certain player ids will get confused for other playerids and not be able to connect or, when they do login, it uses another players's id and puts them in groups/locations they were not in (likely the location of the playerid they were assigned. I have posted this on the forums before but the answer was always just restarting the server/login server.) A restart has always fixed it in the past......but this is the first time I have seen it happen right after a restart, be good for 12 hours, and then occur again. Its 'seems like' the player log/cache is not being cleared out.

thanks Zackman ?

Edited by jrichards
fixing typos

Hi Zack, what I am experiencing for myself is this, Im unable to log in my main char Tulkas, or any of the other char on that account. I can log in 3 other account, no problem at all, even all at the same time.

What I am seeing is, other people experiencing the same problem, A char called Whiwhi is saying he can log in his new low level account, but not his old main ones (same issue with me, Tulkas is my oldest char?)

Woody was unable to log on on any of his GM accounts. Tasha, who also posted here, is able to log on her newest account, with Maybelle, but not her older accounts with her JE on. Elanor is unable to log on several accounts (an old time player) Retiredone is having the same issue as other are too. Several other people experienced the same problems and expressed the exact same issue, but I didnt recognise the players names and am unable to recall them.

I left posting as I saw several other posts, relating to the same issue and didnt want you to get several updates from this server post.

Maintenance Announcement:

2022-08-30:

The sunrise server will undergo maintenance in the morning hours tomorrow to apply the latest patches and security updates to the server. This will mean the sunrise / play service will be down for a little while.

We'll try to make this as short as possible, but wanted to let you know ahead so you can plan!

Thank you.

server went down at 20:20 PST, waited 10 mins, login server says off line.

Again as usual, please respect Zackmans wishes (read the red letter at top of page) no need for any more posts.

Kind Regards 

Tulkas

• RedKite locked this topic
  • Kyp unlocked this topic