Raid Lockout Timers, EnB Style

does anyone remember live?   it was the same the BIG GUILD'S got to do all the end game content and everyone else was locked out

Indeed we do remember live, and you are correct, the same big guilds did own all the end content, and indeed everyone else was locked out. You make all us advocating for all raids being device activates point. Because something was flawed and wrong in Old Live (tm) does not argue for it's continued perpetuity. It in fact argues the opposite, when you see something flawed and broken, and it's within your power to set it right, why would one argue for it's continued existence in a flawed state and not take measures to set it right?

For those that see the inherent flaws in the Old Live (tm) raiding system and refuse to concede they need a change, or to those that refuse to even admit there are problems and will not advocate for a change...it calls into question in at least my mind, "why not?". Why would one refuse to acknowledge a problem when they see it, or advocate for a change acknowledged or not, could it be they are recipients of a undue reward and don't want to "rock the boat"?

I don't know all the answers, but why do people step over another clearly unconscious in their way on the sidewalk? Why do people stand and stare and do nothing while another is being battered/mugged as they scream for help? Why do some people find enjoyment inflicting pain/damage to living beings/creatures? Is it all "indifference", "fear" or just the inclination to not wanting to "get involved"?

The raids being exclusive to only select groups of people dependant on their membership to a certain guild is a problem. Yes, it's the corpse in the gutter, are you going to step over it people, or are you going to say something?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Bigger is not always better, but it is always bigger"

Thats just a fact.  There are Many MMO's, and many guilds on them, and many small guilds or unguilded players who are left out.  I have yet to see a solution anywhere.. Not just here.  In most MMO's, the solutions I have seen are:

Multiple instancing:  Not gonna happen here.. Deal with it.

Bring out new content, which the "Big" Guilds, promptly "own". Thereby allowing smaller guilds to start doing "yesterdays content".

As new content is brought in, requiring better gear, gear through vendoring or missions is added that is equivalent to "old" raid gear, thereby giving non raiding groups a chance to upgrade their gear to the point that they can be competitive in old content.

Just as your level 125 toon cant solo L150 content, your L8* Guild probably cant compete with L10* guilds..... So, hopefully by the time your guild can, the big guys (Now L12 guilds) will have moved onto the new content.

I belong to one of the "small" Guilds (10 toons or so), and one of the "big guilds" (3 toons).  I personally dont care about raids.  When it happens, it will happen.  I still enjoy playing every day that I can, and am keenly aware of how much I missed this game after sunset (although I have had to be reminded of that).  SO, my advice is.. enjoy the game we have, and the content you can reach.... And dont get upset because someones reach exceeds yours today.

Just my thoughts, your mileage may vary.

Sevin

Not at that level yet, but concerned that when I get there, my small guild isn't going to have the chance to fail at some of the endgame content, and have a bloody great time doing so :)

As previous posters have said:

Activated Raids: No Problem. Bigger guilds have more people available to do what it takes to activate. So they do it more often, but available to all.

Timer Raids. Problem. Big guilds need to share, small guilds don't get a chance.

Solution.... hmm, let me think :)

Timer Raids. Problem. Big guilds need to share, small guilds don't get a chance.

Solution.... hmm, let me think :)

Small guilds team up to do it.

If you cant do it alone bring friends, even some missions include this moto ;)

I was in a medium sized guild on Orion in original live, and we cooperated with others for the big raids. Not that I raided that much, but I never felt cheated out of the opportunity to raid in original live because big guilds were hogging all the action.
I do however think the developers should consider the fact that there are two reasons to raid:
To obtain raid loot.
To experience content.

A fine balance needs to exist between the two. To little loot and the experience starts to get too repetitive. To much loot and people gear up too fast and loose the incentive to keep playing.
I think they had it pretty good in original live. I got enough raid loot to make me happy, even though I didn't raid to the point of boredom. I had my GOD beam and my shield Prom and other not so rare raid loot like a few bile weapons, a hellbore launcher and what not. If I remember correctly, the big raids, like fish bowl, dropped a lot of loot. From all the drama over raids, one could almost believe it has been toned down in EMU live compared to original live.

I just hope the devs manage to find the same balance in the EMU as we had in original live.

Solution = "Public Raids" ?

Very successful on Peg-a-lag in "Live"

Yes they were.  I got many items for the gate raids and made lotsa credits too. :)

Do you think the current state of affairs can support 50 to 100 or more toons in the same area as we experienced in live? :blink:

If what I hear is true, you get more that 25 or so in a close area, there are DC's  a-plenty.....  <_<