EA set to ruin another franchise

But hey will do it "better!" after all they are E.lectronic A.rts, they are artists, and clearly can do it better than anyone else!  They will add everything everyone tells they don't want, like micro transactions, and required subscriptions to other services for example, and then tell their customers this is what you want, really we know what's best for you, you want it.

*and if for some inexplicable reason they can't  *read guarantee fail* , they will name it a glorious win! And move on, quietly sunsetting their failure.

Disney is only harming it's own reputation here. Chosing a company that has been awarded "the worst company in the USA" two times in a row is simply beyond any sanity (the EA stocks are on a 5-year-low).

Disney already has all the PR machine and distribution ways, they basically just need a small studio with creative and good developers.

EA will talk Disney into the "but we must protect our rights yadda yadda" bull - and will (again) add all this "must be online" computer-crime to the product, which will finally cause the next wave of protest and customers simply not buying the game.

Also the fact that EA turns down EVERY game in a short time will make many potential customers not even start to play/buy.

The only thing we can do is starting the packet sniffer very soon and capture all packets for the "soon-to-be-needed" EMU  :lol:

^ this.

Me too. I haven't even played the few games by EA I was given.

All this happened in a board room some place, with the suits shaking hands and the yes men applauding. Believe that EA already has an exit strategy for this franchise when they ruin it.

I hate EA as much as the next. Era is where good games go to die and I was apart of the massacre that was swtor.

That being said even though I hate it for the sake of truthful facts when swtor went f2p they turned it around and their projected earnings this quarter is triple their goal. They are nickel and diming people so bad they're making a killing and have a million new subscribers as a result of f2p. As much as I hate them and want them to file bankruptcy and stop ruining great games for a quick buck when it comes to making money they "get it" and have turned it around.

But as the add states as a whole company they are drowning which makes me happy. Although I do wish they would succeed in part so that thousands won't be out of work and their family's ultimetly go hungry.

I hate EA as much as the next. Era is where good games go to die and I was apart of the massacre that was swtor.

That being said even though I hate it for the sake of truthful facts when swtor went f2p they turned it around and their projected earnings this quarter is triple their goal. They are nickel and diming people so bad they're making a killing and have a million new subscribers as a result of f2p. As much as I hate them and want them to file bankruptcy and stop ruining great games for a quick buck when it comes to making money they "get it" and have turned it around.

But as the add states as a whole company they are drowning which makes me happy. Although I do wish they would succeed in part so that thousands won't be out of work and their family's ultimetly go hungry.

That's because EA now has a game model that perfectly suits their management style - "nickel and dime them to death". They can do that all day long. What they can't ever do is create a shared-experience product someone will pay for up front.

I believe that's because of the kind of people their management are. They literally cannot understand why anyone would want to go somewhere and do something without a profit motive in mind, let alone do it en masse just for the fun and shared experience.

Edited by Manfredjinsinjin