Interesting developements

People don't seem to understand that this game, like many others, is successful based on the community.  As a collective whole, the community will decide what is fair and reasonable regardless of what the "major" guilds choose to do.  If the community feels like they are getting screwed in this whole thing, guess what, brainiacs, they will stop playing and there will be no-one but the "major"guilds and their phat loots fighting over spawns.

That being said, because this is community based, its about relationships as the foundation of this game.  No matter what guild you're in or not in, if you have a good relationship with players within this game you can have every opportunity to experience every event that this game has to offer.  Sure you may take a back seat to a guild member of the hosting guild of the event for loots, but most likely not.  As long as you're not the whiny, complaining, bit#$% jerk that you should be given EVERYTHING and just make some friends, you'll get your shot.

I know the guild leaders and officers in many of the guilds, have played with them for years, and they really aren't bad people bent on domination (well maybe VGE) of all things phat and loot.  What they hate are people that play by the "me first" mentality that seems to be so pervasive.  My guess is that if you play nice, guess what?  They will play nice too!

Example of this.  BI got an assist on GOBB the other day from VGE with no demands for sharing of loots.  Just good guys helping out other good guys.  (Bell you can see me in game for the credit delivery).  Even though I don't have a toon to yet reach 130, I have no doubt that when I get there, and when I ask properly, invitation to do whatever I want to do will be made.  Its not because I am someone special, but because I know the value of good relationships within this small community.

I suggest some of you reflect on the value of broadening your relationship base.  You'll find it beneficial.  I promise!

• Upvote 1

Why don't we simply take turns?  Regardless of the day.

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

rinse, repeat

Unaligned means the bigger guilds help people in smaller guilds or no guilds participate.  If another guild gets big enough to do it alone then add them to the rotation.

Just a thought.

that would be best xcept static doesnt play well with others

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I am by no means an expert at coding, but here's a thought.

If Raiding is such a major part of the game for some people, why not create four Gates that can only be opened by use of a device. Inside those gates is a RANDOM raid encounter. Each Gate would link to a separate sector of Space, and the device can only be made by a Guild Leader (I know, it sucks for Guilds who have Inactive Leaders but due to the recent emphasis on finding out who a Founder and next in line is...) once every three to four days. These devices can open the gates within 48 hours of the last time a boss inside was killed. Having all four on Independent Timers and zones would mean there would be a lot of flexibility, plus as stated the Raid mob spawn would also be RANDOM.

There cannot already be a Raid Boss spawned and active in the joined sector, as I'm sure it can be coded so that the Raid itself starts ten minutes after the gate is opened.

I'm sure there would be some Mechanics challenges to be addressed, but the way I see it, the Spawn is not predictable and the gates can each only be opened once every 24 hours, so it would prevent a lot of issues regarding the really rare stuff from becoming Common (and some loot drops would need to be adjusted as seen fit).

To build the Gate device, which would be a one time use and needs to be rebuilt, would probably require a great deal of effort as well but it would be doable by any Guild with at least 20 people. If they need more manpower, Pugs are useful for that.

Anyways, that's my two cents on this whole thing.

I would just like to see the big three stop bickering because frankly its like watching three bullies argue over who is king of the sand box, scaring everyone else (new comers to the server) away.

• Upvote 1

The most pronounced reason for leaving the agreement was that BI got an automatic spawn on Tue because of server restart, but that issue has been resolved with the recent patch where bosses are spawned at a random time after server restart, so the point is moot!

I remember either 2 or 3 weeks there when the server reset, and the spawn timer also reset, and B.I. did not get a spawn at all.

that would be best xcept static doesnt play well with others

So your saying that no other guild VGE or BI never runs someone off a nav or does anything wrong. There are good and bad people in every guild. Shouldnt label a guild by the actions of some.

Edited by Fleson

Getting them device activated, I can support.  I'd prefer though that most raids be doable without having to trash faction to get the activating device (or it's components).

I agree. As an inactive player and a person that has been pressing for activate-able raids since live I give a +1 to you. 

I got a great Idea !   Every raid is a polecat raid ,, only polecats can do them !!!  If your not a Polecat STAY on the porch !!

Now that i have your brain thinking WTF ,

I Have been very nice and stayed on the Porch on this ,   The main thing here is the " Timer " on the Boss raid's .  When is was on a 24 +- 4 hour sometimes the raid did not happen untill close to midnight GMT and the chance of a spawn on the next day was very slim .  So the Guild that has a raid on that day is  " Screwed " .  And that pissed off a few players .

So in comes this dang 72 +- 8 hour timer .  Can we say WTF .  The Tuesday lets do a patch and restart the game day resets the timer so on thurday the spawn should happen ,,,,,   ya right ..

OK we need to do an EVE talk . Lets get ALL Guild Leaders , yes i said ALL   ( the big 3 and smaller one's ) and some Guild Officers with  the GM's and  Dev's  on the EMU TS3 lets talk this over and come to solution WE ALL can agree on . WE may need to have more than one get together due to time zones .

I started playing this " Game " when there was only 1 station and 1 system with no gate's at all . and no navs ..  Alot of you all know me , alot of you don't .  I dont give a flying (**&^  on your guild tag . You ask for help in local or gen chat 9 time out of 10 i will stop what i am doing and come and help. 

I feel that the thing that i enjoy here is slipping away . and that is GAME WIDE FRIENDSHIP .  I play this game to escape R/L .  to enjoy the friends I have here in my Guild on those who are not .  in r/l i take so many Meds to stay well and not to get so depressed that i might slip back into that stage i was in 10 years ago . yes i spent a week in F ward . yes i tryed but a FRIEND stoped me .

So lets STOP this Bull and get back to haveing FUN and ENJOY what a few persons have busted there ass's off to bring this game back too US .  and a few are still working hard to inprove what we have now ,

Thank You

Lobevaser / Wetpolecat

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

+1 @ Lobevaser

This whole thing is a mess for the simple reason that most people play the game to have fun and not drama. The DEVs need to look back at what made EA live close down and not repeat the same mistakes.

Making the game where a few elite can brag of there wealth and power, and the rest, casual and small guild players left out, is a recipe for disaster.

The game statistics page clearly shows a steady drop in attendance since we went live, that tells me the player base is not confident enough to see a long future and are not willing to commit.

IMHO most players don't care if they have the best gear in the game as soon as they turn 150 so much, as to be included in the end game content, the system in place ATM is dividing our small community and turning old friends to foes. Can we afford to lose more peeps then we already have?

Solution? who knows, we may never be able to make everybody happy, but we need a different approach, the ways of past few months are not working.
If it was up to me I would have Gobb and Troller spawn every hour, why the F not, if people want to raid let them, just make the uber loot less
and add a bunch of comps so everybody pays for there ammo and chit, fun and good times for all without flooding the market.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My thoughts on this are pretty cut and dried.

The whole raid rotation thing is a player construct and no action of development should cater to such.  The content exists to be done, and interguild drama and warfare is not something we involve ourselves in.  In other words, it is not my job or any other member of the dev team, to hold your hand and make every piece of looted gear obtainable under any condition.

It is pretty simple.  Guilded or unguilded you get a team (make some friends if youre not in a big guild) and have at it.  If another guild already has it, exercise courtesy.  If they habitually camp it, fight over it and compete for the spawn.  If they cry to the GM team, I am sure BL will tell them they dont own anything. 

And the final point I will make is addressing the subscriber rate issue in the post above me.  The real reason players arent playing anymore is because they raced to endgame, got all their stuff, and got bored.  It took all of 3-6 months for that to happen, because all many of them care about is their "my item X and item Y" bragging rights.  Once they have their god beams and black spitters they stop playing.  Time and again I have seen this, that a player must get to 150 in 2 weeks or less, must raid constantly to max out, and then they wonder why there is nothing left to do. 

If you are a player that ONLY raids, you are in for a heck of a disappointment after about 10-20 fishbowls or so.  You will most likely have everything there is to get in that facet of the game, and then its on to agrippa or beefing up the build lists.

The games simplicity makes it very easy to cap a toon, the lifespan of a single toon from 0 - max is anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months depending on playstyle (can be longer for a very casual player that doesnt care about their gear). 

The only solution if you can even call it that, would be to constantly put in new stuff that completely obsoletes everything already existing.  It becomes a constant new shiny grab and that is simply not something that is either plausible or can be written into the storyline at all.  Eventually you get to a point where "gear set 12 - the bomdiggity set from sector X" is the only thing players use, and sets 1-11 including everything else already existing in game today is "worthless garbage and vendor food."

Sorry, not going to go that route.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The only solution if you can even call it that, would be to constantly put in new stuff that completely obsoletes everything already existing.  It becomes a constant new shiny grab and that is simply not something that is either plausible or can be written into the storyline at all.  Eventually you get to a point where "gear set 12 - the bomdiggity set from sector X" is the only thing players use, and sets 1-11 including everything else already existing in game today is "worthless garbage and vendor food."

Sounds like the route WoW was going last I heard a friend talking about it.  No wonder I never got into that game.

Stanig, I do think that over time, we should introduce more gear to all the classes.  I would agree though, on the part of gear constantly making other gear obsolete.  Best solution there IMO, is that new awesome items be introduced rarely, maybe 1 new piece of awesome gear per class around once a year or so  (if there's an item that can be used by multiple classes, then it counts for each class that can use it's awesome item for the year).  While that's rare, more commonly new items that are fair to good could be introduced, over time.  That means more ship customization, but most new equipment won't be things to write home about.   Class uniqueness could still be respected, with careful selection for new items in terms of their buffs, and most new things in the "fair to good" range would have average DPS for their level (weapons), and the buffs on them would different combos of otherwise fairly common buffs for the race/class for which they're intended.

A potential example could be an SS5 and SS6 engine.  Bogeril engine, the usual low signature benefit, no buffs, and average stats for an engine of the same level.

• Upvote 2

And the final point I will make is addressing the subscriber rate issue in the post above me.  The real reason players arent playing anymore is because they raced to endgame, got all their stuff, and got bored.  It took all of 3-6 months for that to happen, because all many of them care about is their "my item X and item Y" bragging rights.  Once they have their god beams and black spitters they stop playing.  Time and again I have seen this, that a player must get to 150 in 2 weeks or less, must raid constantly to max out, and then they wonder why there is nothing left to do. 

With the almost unlimited accounts one can have and nine unique classes one can play, max lvl and uber up, I'm skeptical of your claim, I personally had 13 max toons in st4, including 4 JDs, as you well know, if I'm not mistaking, you where the one that blamed me and a few other boxers for making the Troller and Gobb too easy so the DEVs had to feed them steroids and such but that's another story.

I closely follow these forums and besides one guy saying he was going to quit because the game was to easy, I haven't seen the proof to substantiate your reasoning. 

• Upvote 3

I did not expect this to turn out to be 5 pages and growing in a few days.

I apologize to everyone for starting a flame war..

That was not my intention.

I was angry about having a guild turn around and break and agreement and take our raids from us because of other problems.

The 3 major guilds are attempting to work out a way to solve the problems and to get back to business as usual.

Please let's take this to a pm you can have 45 people on a pm message here let's take this thread and close it off before anything else is said.

Sometimes you have to take baby steps to resolve a problem and this isn't helping any.

If you have good ideas on how to solve this please pm shadowwalker as he is your player advocate and is trying to moderate the discussions.

Thank you all and I'd ask the dev's to close this thread and be done with it.

I did not expect this to turn out to be 5 pages and growing in a few days.

I apologize to everyone for starting a flame war..

That was not my intention.

I was angry about having a guild turn around and break and agreement and take our raids from us because of other problems.

The 3 major guilds are attempting to work out a way to solve the problems and to get back to business as usual.

Please let's take this to a pm you can have 45 people on a pm message here let's take this thread and close it off before anything else is said.

Sometimes you have to take baby steps to resolve a problem and this isn't helping any.

If you have good ideas on how to solve this please pm shadowwalker as he is your player advocate and is trying to moderate the discussions.

Thank you all and I'd ask the dev's to close this thread and be done with it.

BAH!!!

/popcorn

Stanig is not wrong, but he is only half right as well when it comes to players leaving. I have watched any number of players in my own guild rocket to 150, gear up and disappear, coming back every few weeks or so to ask if there is anything new. For the most part, this area of attrition has already burned through. 

The other reason is that the real draw of EnB was community.

Guys (and Gals), it is time to wake up and pull your heads out of your collective tookus's. This game is the equivalent of the Movie "Titanic". You ALREADY KNOW how it goes. You have played it before. A great many of you have read the story line and know what is coming. I for one can't wait to see how it plays out. If you are here for the gear, you are playing the wrong game. Go back to wow where you can have better gear every few months if that is what draws you.

This game will live and die with its community. When people go hours or days not getting something built, it is a big turn off. When they get snide answers to check the forums, its a turn off. When they hear the big kids fighting over gear they haven't yet dreamed of, its a turn off.

I don't get it. I really don't. Stanig is dead right that this issue isn't a dev issue. It is a human being, common courtesy issue. We can have chaos, anger and anarchy and the last people standing can stare at their pixels with pride while they listen to crickets because everyone else has left. Or, we can be reasonable, responsible adults that understand that we have been given an imperfect gift and the days of taking your ball and going home rather than compromising should have been done twenty or forty years ago.

• Upvote 1

We can have chaos, anger and anarchy and the last people standing can stare at their pixels with pride while they listen to crickets because everyone else has left.

Reminds me of a quote from HBO's Game of Thrones (and, perhaps the books; I can't remember).  Varys, speaking of Littlefinger: "He would burn the entire realm down if it meant he could be king of the ashes."

• Upvote 1