Interesting developements

Did someone forget i was a part of static for awhile ,and for most of the time i was adv .so that is a mute point .and second i started a forum to have the leaders of all the guilds and their officers .and wow that went over nicely .so please spare me the drama. i have on  times tried my best to have everyone meet .but no onw want to take that extra step to let the devs know .

Edited by uban

I guess when you can't compete you resort to griefing.

Yet somehow member of my guild are the bad guys. I guess this game works differently for guild with gms, devs and player advocates in them. They are free to grief without reprisal.

But if this is the behavior it takes to make these raids activated sobeit! : )

B.I. does have the player advocate.  Shadow has had his say on that matter and I do agree with him.  I didn't here anyone using Uban's membership in static in such a way.

B.I. does not have an active dev.

While Michaile does have access to an active GM account, he is also on the ethics commitee.  He does not always agree with Magoo's actions or the way he goes about things.  I have never seen him offer special treatment or consideration to any member of B.I. nor have I ever heard any member of B.I. ask for special consideration.

Watch yourself Nic.  You have made some valid points and I don't disagree with your guild's position on FFA raids.  Continuing with unvalidated slander can only hurt you.

I missed the Troller raid ( too bad ).  I was there for the GoBB raid ( woot!  good fun ).  Get over it guys it's a game.  Static should have waited to the end of the rotation before beginning your FFA campaign.  Wait ... who went 1st?  Who went last?

LoL

after the Tuesday patch, the server would restart and the spawns would be up and ready to be activated. Quite a gift for Builders as they just had to be at the spawn when the server started for their raid

I thought a recent patch has had the bosses spawn at a random time after server restart?  I still don't understand the point here.

It was for this reason that Static decided to drop out of any raid rotation, and the fact that VGE had already breached any agreement that was in place by claiming an extra day, sending toons out to activate the raid on Static day (we do have screenshots yes), only to have it despawn, so they could be in a position to do a Saturday raid. 

No need for screenshots I remember that night. Bell actually jumped into your TS and asked if it was alright even though it was after midnight and was no longer your day. At least we gave you that courtesy. Funny thing is it didn't do us any good because it ended up spawning on Sunday.

• Upvote 3

No need for screenshots I remember that night. Bell actually jumped into your TS and asked if it was alright even though it was after midnight and was no longer your day. At least we gave you that courtesy. Funny thing is it didn't do us any good because it ended up spawning on Sunday.

I remember that night well too.  was on vent when it happened and it WAS after midnight and Bell did get in teamspeak and spoke to someone from that guild ,  seems you guys just dont seem to communicate amongst yourselves well and share information when one of you speaks for all of you. 

I remember it as well too and it went past midnight because we didn't activate 4 hours previously Friday evening. There was a member from VGE camping the spawn and  as well a member from Static. When the Scavenger spawned, Static had it's members ready to go, since it was still Friday FFA. Bellshade quickly contacted Overtkill to spring the news that VGE decided Friday was now their day as well, and to hold off on activating the raid. He said he was going to discuss it with his guild and get back to us. Bellshade never got back to Static, and Static never activated the raid that Friday night. It became apparent to us then, that the rotation was not going to work as each guild would want a day before and after their 'day' in order to ensure they would have one of the raids spawn when they could do it. The 'courtesy call' apparently was nothing more than a stalling tactic to ensure VGE wouldn't lose out on a raid spawn.

This is precisely why a rotation can't possibly work. GoBB at max spawn cycle may only have 2 spawns in one week. So what happens to the other guild(s)? Should we go to limit the 3 major guilds to only one week per month, with the fourth week restricted to the 3 guilds and only available to the rest of the server? Or perhaps the best and most drama free way is to make activatable devices where each guild can activate GoBB all on the very same day if they wished.

You guys decided the between days were free for all on your own. Would be stupid to do so because if he spawned Wednesday and either VGE or BI killed it ensuring you wouldn't see it on your day, you would have been pissed yourself. Make up whatever stories you like your just trying to paint us out to be the bad guys who broke the agreement. We have time and again tried to be civil about all of this and this is the thanks we get. Also when the trigger mobs were fixed to not spawn on server restarts you were basically given the best day in the agreement it ensured you would get a spawn on Thursday, but hey you don't want to be in the rotation and want to fight for the kill. Go ahead and fight don't blame us for what's going on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not sure I understand your post quite frankly. If the days between the agreed days set are not FFA days - then what exactly are they? Static didn't decide this all on our own - this was what Vaden, Bell and Magoo agreed too and this is what we were told in our guild - Monday for Builders, Thursday for Static and Saturday for VGE. We each had a ONE day and the rest were up for grabs.

Look I am not one to throw stones at glass houses, try to call anyone out and lay blame on this guild or that guild for bending the rules, or try to make out like Static is all pure and innocent in this matter. I would have thought however that some support would have been forthcoming from the other 2 guilds involved, as a device activated raid would allow them even more attempts to spawn the 2 raids - without interference from anyone! Why would anyone from VGE or Builders not welcome such a change? You could activate it when you had the most members online, make it available for your Europeans players, allow you to invite smaller guilds at your leisure, set a planned time for the Raids. 

Yes perhaps Static could have sat back and waited for the other 2 guilds to help us in our effort to make Raids a more enjoyable event and not the drama that inevitably happens when a large number of people vie for one spawn. As I stated in a previous post, Static has been trying for well over a year to get the assistance from Builders and VGE both to put forth one voice and by asking the Devs to consider this change for the well being of our guilds and that of the player community. No one wants drama, least of all Static. We had hoped that we could have come to a quiet thoughtful resolution, but no one wanted to discuss it with us. 

But we are talking about it now aren't we?  Let's ditch the name calling, the finger pointing, past biases and come up with some format that not only works for the Elite guilds, but for all guilds and groups in the game. We are all adults here, so let's starting acting like adults.

I invite any VGE, Builders, other groups or guild members, Devs, or any other interested people to contact me in game or Net-7 TS to talk about where we can go from here. I am open to any idea that eliminates the stress and fighting. I am getting too old for both... I just want the fun-factor back in the game. I am all for friendly competition, but I am thinking more along the lines of Guild Contributions for Trade value, Most built, and all of the other fun things Guilds used to fight over back in the day. Let see if we can't get Contributions on the front burner as well. But this time Static won't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theatre.  ^_^

Edited by Revenant
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And see diminished drops on gear. Like stated by Nikodemus, you think only 15 drops in the last few months is bad. It's gonna be of mythical proportions. Also forget about seeing all 3 black weapons dropping at once. They will tone that down to the point we will be lucky to see a weapon to drop, like it was when he spawned every 2 hours. That's why I and some others like it the way it is. Also I've never seen anyone outside of the 3 major guilds even attempt to get a group together to take down GoBB. I don't see that changing because of activated raids. Great risk equals great reward and that is by far one of the hardest raids to do, to only have the loot toned down for the effort.

So your major concern is reduced drop rates? Is there not some way we can have device activated raids and address the drop rate as well? Perhaps add more common high end stuff so that everyone in the raid walk away with some sort of prize, and keep the Epic items rare. Not as rare as the Made-to Live tho please. After 24 Fishbowl we finally had one drop for our guild, that would be like getting it to drop 5 times a year with the current raid timer. I don't mind at all that drop rate might be lowered on Epic gear as long as more items are added so everyone at least get something besides debt and lag. 

I am sure there is a compromise out there somewhere.

PS As for smaller guilds not attempting the raids - well many don't have the manpower to learn the raids or do it on their own, as well the 3 major guilds pretty much have it locked up right now. If I was in a small guild I might not be bothered to attempt end game raids either. I am at a loss to understand how you don't see a smaller guild attempting a Troller raid if they could activate it at any time they wished. Of course they would! 

Perhaps I am delusional, but if members of any of the smaller guilds wish to state why a device activatable raid wouldn't work from them, I would love to hear from them. Or state why it would work.

Edited by Revenant
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Revenant i applaud the first most sincere posts static made in this thread. Your posts even touched on a few of the points i set out to make.

Undeniably you succeeded in bringing this matter to light as was your original intention but i like to comment on a few things.
Apologizing for some errors like the timing is all good and such but like you said this has been going on for some time now and the fact you took a so 'half-baked' approach on the matter is beyond me. Unless this was also done deliberately to stir the pot.

I'm playing this game non stop for about two and a half years now and being in VGE for as long i have never seen a static leader or officer come to us with a proposition about these raids like you stated. That doesn't necessarily mean it never happened but i'm addressing the repeatedly part off the equation.
I like to believe i'm a person you can reason with and if you come to me with your concerns i'll gladly put in the time to review them with you.

Have this come to my attention i would go as far as to suggest we forget about the fixed raid days and go with the flow of the spawns whenever they happen. That maybe even mean a guild could go without said raids for over a week like you already stated but i suspect you already don't like that and its the reason behind all this. Hell i don't think anyone likes that.

In all my play time i have tried to be fair and courteous within my guild and the community. I have repeatedly handed out desirable loot without expecting something in return and i have personally or under the VGE tag helped others with their raids or equipment needs and i'm sure more people from Static or BI feel the same.
But Static working for the small guilds too is just more sugar coating to the fact that you don't like the pace of the raids and would like yourself more, thats why i haven't seen a response to this yet.

Can you define for me how you evaluate the if someone is not there part? 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours after the spawn? Most guilds have a playerbase on very different timezones and its not always easy or feasible to come up with a sufficient force to defeat the encounters right away. I suspect you're confident you are the better campers and thought to take advantage of that.

I do agree with you there is still time to come to a compromise and stop all this before it gets out of hand but responses like Nikodemus's promote the fact that you prefer to create problems and expect others to solve them for you (aka Devs) than put the effort to address them yourselves.

What we need are lockout timers.  If there was some way to create lockout timers and flag people from an encounter that they already participated in, it would make spawn timers a thing of the past.  Then everyone could have the opportunity to do the encounters and end game content this emulator has to offer.  

How about creating a "dummy" faction that all encounters are factionally aligned with and the only way you can trigger them is if you have positive faction.  Everyone in the raid that engages in the raid, including the person that triggered the encounter, takes an extreme negative faction hit, making it to where they could only trigger a spawn or raid encounter once a week.  Then, each Tuesday when the server resets, add a code that resets the "dummy faction" for each player.  Spawn timers wouldn't matter at that point, make them instantly spawn and regardless of how often they are up, a player could only trigger the encounter spawn one time per week, due to the faction hit.  In essence, you created lockout timers for a game that you probably can't create without modifying the client, which I know can't be done.  

Then, decrease the drop rate of ubers to account for all of us with 4-5 lvl 150 characters so over populating the server with item drops doesn't become an issue.  

To sum this idea up, basically the "dummy" faction becomes a lockout timer for each player for the week.  Leave the spawn timers up all the time, leave the encounter triggers up all the time, and let people burn their lockouts for the week. 

If you think that getting 15 core drops this year isn't already crap drops then you must be smoking something better than I.

At least with device activated raids we can work for what we want in game and even plan the event for the benefit of other players.

WOW!!! u guys really havent thought this thou have u???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What we need are lockout timers.  If there was some way to create lockout timers and flag people from an encounter that they already participated in, it would make spawn timers a thing of the past.  Then everyone could have the opportunity to do the encounters and end game content this emulator has to offer...(and more) 

A technical solution like this is never easy. EnB emu does not have instances that can be locked down to prevent access. Corpses can be opened, raids can be started with alternative characters, account-wide lockouts, while they might be plausible, wouldn't help either. Basically anything I can think of, can be circumvented. By example I could counteract your little suggestion with one activator on an account not used for the previous raid. The only possible way to restrict loot given I can see is through a mission system with token drops that can be handed in. The problem with this is that, if account wide, it would provide a range of miniumum one item per week (which I think is well beyond the pace the developers desire), or through an extended token system it will act like valor points in WOW, where you earn your item through weeks of participation slowly. Some people consider this a tedious approach that takes the fun out of an encounter and playing becomes a chore. If not account wide restricted (and similarly if players were to circumvent account wide restriction) "power" players would feel a desire to do this loot progression with multiple characters. This has the danger of again sucking the fun out of the game, or clogging up the raid spawns and fights ensue over who goes when (in popular raiding hours).

I'm sure an elegant solution could be made for this, but the balance consequences are quite severe. Furthermore we have limited development due to the nature of this project, and I think additional content is preferable rather than mocking around with something that may or may not work.

So your major concern is reduced drop rates? Is there not some way we can have device activated raids and address the drop rate as well? Perhaps add more common high end stuff so that everyone in the raid walk away with some sort of prize, and keep the Epic items rare. Not as rare as the Made-to Live tho please. After 24 Fishbowl we finally had one drop for our guild, that would be like getting it to drop 5 times a year with the current raid timer. I don't mind at all that drop rate might be lowered on Epic gear as long as more items are added so everyone at least get something besides debt and lag. 

I am sure there is a compromise out there somewhere.

PS As for smaller guilds not attempting the raids - well many don't have the manpower to learn the raids or do it on their own, as well the 3 major guilds pretty much have it locked up right now. If I was in a small guild I might not be bothered to attempt end game raids either. I am at a loss to understand how you don't see a smaller guild attempting a Troller raid if they could activate it at any time they wished. Of course they would! 

Perhaps I am delusional, but if members of any of the smaller guilds wish to state why a device activatable raid wouldn't work from them, I would love to hear from them. Or state why it would work.

yes we could but again i think that would be contrary to what the dev's want

Morganis: "..... and I think additional content is preferable rather than mocking around with something that may or may not work."

Your Anchor-rat here,

I've plugged roleplaying and storyline progression many a time since coming to the Emulator back in September. Now that we are N7 Entertainment Live, I'd like to second the above quote. I have been blessed with a lot of fun while Raiding and getting that ubercentric drop or drops from Raiding. I am in the camp of those that wish to see storyline content take that next step as well as game and server stability. I believe those that have focused on Raiding have been caught up in the trees and forgotten the whole forest.

I've listened to Devs, past Devs, GMs, Advocates past and present. I've kept silent as your Net-7 News source due to the high emotions behind the above posts out of respect for the volatile situation. Raiding is not the end-all, be-all of this game, players. I wish to see the story progress and this bickering and whining, debating and counter-arguing is bogging things down in no small manner. Pilots have been aching to see the story progress, Roc (Deneb) re-opened, and the next chapter or Act of the Earth & Beyond Storyline enabled. But the Emulator team's manpower has been repeatedly called to answer hue and cry of players playing poorly.

With more and newer Content, both Called Forward from EA Live, and the new and exciting stuff drafted by our Developers, comes more of your coveted Raids, more of your ubercentric drops, more of your printable systems, and so much more to enjoy over and above this infantile need to Raid and Raid excessively. The virtue I'm requesting from player-pilots is Patience.

We all love this game, else we wouldn't be here, playing, giving feedback, entering positions, devoting free time to a volunteer environment. The Developers and no less, the GMs would love to see the playerbase enter the next chapter. That is part of the fun for them, to see the pilots enter the next phase of the story, do newer missions, explore newer tweaks on Content, and see what they can become besides game-Winners.

Raiding isn't the game. If your Guild thinks this is so, then I don't want any part of your Guild, save as a Reporter of Net-7 News. If you're tired of hearing the same newsblurbs come from the [N7R] Channel, then change your focus to new Content. Stop the ubercentric madness and enjoy once more the world of Earth & Beyond.

From the lounge of NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.
  • Upvote 2

Sup guys this is Transcendence in game.

This thread =  http://youtu.be/gRpTjr4L4T4

That being said let's let go of the past and every wrong everyone has ever done in their life and who said this or did that and just work on solutions and get past this thing. The little guys us 99%'ers in league with you 1%'ers would just like to see a solution and get back to hammering out some raids. Hug it out already and let's get back to raiding :)

Edited by Knight05

Why don't we simply take turns?  Regardless of the day.

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

rinse, repeat

Unaligned means the bigger guilds help people in smaller guilds or no guilds participate.  If another guild gets big enough to do it alone then add them to the rotation.

Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

Why don't we simply take turns?  Regardless of the day.

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

Static

VGE

BI

Unaligned

rinse, repeat

Unaligned means the bigger guilds help people in smaller guilds or no guilds participate.  If another guild gets big enough to do it alone then add them to the rotation.

Just a thought.

[First of, a disclaimer:  I am just a plain TS, and not a dev, nor am I an officer in my guild].

It only works if everyone plays their end of the rules.  One team just decided to forgo the agreement and went their own way, and when that did not work, issued more complaints!!!!

WIth that said, we all wish they could sit down and work out a deal instead of just walk away from an agreement.  The most pronounced reason for leaving the agreement was that BI got an automatic spawn on Tue because of server restart, but that issue has been resolved with the recent patch where bosses are spawned at a random time after server restart, so the point is moot!

The other reason was given that it was a popular vote within the guild.  That is not a good reason for getting out of an agreement.  You can't just walk out of a deal made by your guild.  I wish my region (Southern Cal) to secede from the liberal Northern Cal but that is just a pipe dream and that is not gonna happen!!!!

The last reason was that Static leaders could not get the other 2 guilds to work out a deal!  But from a neutral point of view, I see the first time the issue was brought up was the declaration on this forum that raids will be FFA.  The next thread says, although it is FFA but we don't want anybody to mess up with our raid!!!  There was really no attempt to contact the other guilds through a public forum!!!!  That's why the Guild forums are for, for issues that cannot be resolved in game (due to time zone etc...)

• Upvote 4

Better what happens where there are 12 guilds that can do this?

Then what you are willing to wait two weeks?

And no one comes to interfere?

Love to see that happen.

/DEV hat off

This is starting to sound a whole lot like "Live" on pegasus.

Major guilds ingame decided to have a "Rotation" and kick out all the others.......  Well that didnt last for long.

We took the raids back by introducing pretty much every raid as public auctioned.

I for one (as a player) would like to see more of this rather than the "Major" guilds in the game thinking that because they can out-man other players, they can make a "Pact" with a raid rotation.

As I spend more time coding than I do playing (Sad I know), I dont get to do any raids, but as time allows I would love to, but based on this thread, Im never gonna be able to as I do not fit in to the rotation.

No sure there is an easy way out of this thread, but its a good read so far :D

/Dev hat on.