best group setup for farming?

Assuming you have a 150 of every class in the game all evenly geared with lets say for arguments sake the best non raid gear they could have more or less (I know its open to personal pref). What would be considered the absolute best raid setup when factoring in buffs, total Dps and survivability?.

While I know some will pro a lay frown upon this I eventually want to multi box 6 toons and try to solo mordana etc with my own chars etc and am curious which 6 toons would be best.

My question is what's the best setup using more than one of the sane class?

And what's the best group setup with using only one of each class tops.

I would probably like a PW TE JD JE TT PT setup if having all different classes... PW to tank TE for deflects JD for summon JE for jumpstart energy and debuffing TT for bubbles and healing and PT for healing as well.

Edited by Sleven.

2 healers? I rarely see groups even needing one outside of a raid with all the deflects and JD psi shields. I'm not bashing your advice just trying to understand why another healer over say a PS for repulsor field or some other damage or group buffs?

Or couldnt you just for the sake of having a casual debate conversation have a solo JS healer that could combat cloak if they were taking to my h aggro to drop threat instantly? Then you could being a TS which has decent Dps and some nice buffs like afterburners which I believe if I remember correctly gives like 5%dodge chance on all damage

Or couldnt you just for the sake of having a casual debate conversation have a solo JS healer that could combat cloak if they were taking to my h aggro to drop threat instantly? Then you could being a TS which has decent Dps and some nice buffs like afterburners which I believe if I remember correctly gives like 5%dodge chance on all damage

I'm not sure I'd want my healer/tank to have Lv8 Shields...?

With regards to the original question, i think that (due to the fact that EnB is such a supermarvelous and diverse game ;), it'll be tricky for one setup to be obviously 'best'...

It'll depend on playstyle (e.g. how much you fancy driving 6 toons at once), what level of automation you can achieve, where (what mobs) it is you want to farm, whether you want to prioritize safety or speed, etc.  For example, as a certifiable min/max'er I can see the following:

4 x PW, 1 x TT healer, 1 x JE.  With max shield charge from the TT, The PW's will have max deflect with just Lv6 Combat Trance plus Ivory Ward (+optional Armadillo for explosive hole), and can keep agro off the TT as he heals with enrage.  PW's can also load impact if needed as TT can debuff with a Gorgon.  JE debuff plasma with a Chim, apply max Enviro shield (the extra deflects are wasted on the PW's, and the returned damage is a bit pants but the reactor boost from incoming damage can be significant - and means the JE doesn't have to be so spammy with Phoenix etc), plus WH the group, plus group cloak is a good single bug-out button if you're driving a whole group (unless the mobs see cloaked).  If you really want to be bulletproof, the JE can apply every activated deflect to the TT to bring them close to PW level of deflects (and swap round the buff devices quickly too if the TT Greasemonkeys them).  Recovery from minor mishaps (i.e. not team-wipes) is possible without towing as the JE can JS, the TT can Hull Patch and the PW's can repair eqpt.

6 x JD.  Automation needed.  Play like a JD with with more bang.  Should be quite survivable with max psi shield.  Add a JE for JS and WH, or maybe add healer if you want.  Would fail on see-cloak mobs.

5 x TE, 1 x JE.  Play like a TE.  JE for Chim (or Salamander) debuffs.  Add a PW if you want the irony/entertainment value of a PW just for extra debuffing and to let you kite whole groups with area immob (if you don't want to hack/bio the mobs to bits)

1 x (of everything different)  Balanced groups are also great.  I've farmed by having a TT sit there and self-heal tank with max PS repulsor and JE enviro shields on them.  Takes a while but the mobs just bash their own brains out.  I generally play with a PS, TT, PW, JE grouped, which with no automation keeps you entertainingly busy due to the sheer number of skills you can call on depending on the situation and how the combat is going.  And entertainment is what we play games for.

See what i mean - i think all the above (plus more) would be effective and entertaining (in some situations - and will sometimes suck in other situations).  What a great game eh? :D

Very great reply digi. You gave me a lot to think about and consider I appreciate it. I especially liked the tied bit about enviro shield and psy reg together to kick their own arse so to speak :)

If you don't have at least two healers in a group in a Controller or Ghost of Blackbeard raid you wouldn't last very long... My suggestion was based on you saying if you used all different classes. Trust me when I say that's the best possible setup you can use if you want to minimize deaths. I have a TS and that attack avoidance as I have seen does nothing from what I've seen and while Null Factor Field is nice it isn't needed in most cases. But I guess for farming purposes what you use in the group doesn't matter as long as one of them is a healer.

Edited by Sleven.

It was A question I had primarily for farming 60-65s. Eventually though o wanted to give mordana a shot using only my toons via multi boxing since I can multi task like a mad man. My original thought had been PP, TE, JE, JD, PW PS for maximum firepower and sustained damage over time. On 60-65 which takes 30-60 sec to kill generally.

Single grouping mordana imho pw/te/dps(dps being a ps-pw-te-pp in this case) class front row jd summoner-debuffer and 2 healers js's are green mordana and if you have actually ever tried a js they are pretty tough to kill solo.

I'd suggest a PP-TT or a TT-TS or a JS-TT/TS on mordana single grouping TS's are cannon fodder and shot first by mordana so.. they end up dead a lot.

Have your tank with a higher sig then the rest, and have your te use blue or white non stealth rally ( you want the tank to be seen first)

5-6-7 levels of rally give the same 72 deflects to ivory ward/tolerance users. So use the step down non stealth rally and a sharkfin 7-8 for the buff.

Hacking works nice but the te will get waxed if your healers are not on the ball.

Destroyer wave for mordana I hope your js is friendly even a rally/warded pw gets hulled on the destroyer waves occasionally.

I would suggest bringing a je for jump starts also.. Stuff happens. The destroyers hit as hard as the master and tallesh Were not kidding about them.

Jd's die a lot also so they should cloak on destroyers waves and stay cloaked till the pw takes aggro.

Chemical works very well so the pw should carry a basilisk.

At the Rakio moon is a non raid based mordana frigate spawn I would suggest you test your setup there first before you go tackle a real raid with them.

The destroyers hit like nothing you would believe, the lower level destroyer hits harder then the higher level one so we typically take them out lower to higher level.

If you want to take a stab at them ask me or one of the other group raider leaders in the various guilds for advice/show you the ropes.

Come out and loot for us we like hunting mordana.

Pointers Lilo moon spawn has a hitch in it for about 2 minutes between the third destroyer wave and the 4th frigate wave so be patient and sit still and wait.

Mordana are 8 waves then a boss wave Numbers I II III IV so frigate I destroyer I frigate II and so on.

Boss wave we like killing the boss first then the trash.

If you can bring a dedicated looter do so as they spawn to fast to loot as a group.

I can't think of anything other then relax and have some fun > :)