Join us on Teamspeak!

• 4 months later...
Hello,

This is a post to inform those not-in-the-know that your favorite rat Reporter is on Teamspeak3 often. If you want to chat or ask for a past report, or just to vaporize clouds (shoot the breeze), join us. I am a member of Builders Inc, but will heartily meet you in a lounge, guild hall, or other channel.

The only thing I discourage about Teamspeak is roleplaying there. Somehow I doubt I can listen to you portraying your female character when you're male.

See you online!

From the highest comm-tower at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

I personally would really like to see more people on TeamSpeak. It's a really fun way to chat about the game, it's politics and anything else in between. There is a really cool vibe going and it would only get better with more people in the mix.

I have the android version of TS3 how do you use it to use teamspeak?  TS3 Watcher.  Is it compatible with what's used here, and can someone walk me through how to use it, or do I need to put it on my PC instead?

I am unfamiliar with Android version of TeamSpeak (or and 3rd party versions) but I would think that the protocol is similar if not the same. 

On the PC version you'll be presented with a setup wizard upon launch. During this wizard you'll specify your display name, speaker and microphone levels, as well as push to talk options (recommended) and favourite servers etc. 

You can skip this however and just use the tools to change settings manually. It's all very straight forward and the GUI is much the same as any other.

You'll need to find "Connections"  and then "Connect", and then use the 'ts.net-7.org' address in the dialog box. - No password should be necessary.

You'll then be in "General Chat" and you can double click room title's to jump to those rooms and start your gab-fest :)

Hope this helps, and sorry I am not familiar with the Android version as I do not use a portable device any more. 

Edited by FishJD

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just a couple updates to save anyone else the troubles I just had getting TS up and running:

You need an updated Teamspeak client.  I was trying with a version 3.0.10.1 that dated to 2013, and it would just not connect; it was old enough its internal check for updates would not work.  Updating to 3.0.19.1 downloaded directly from www.teamspeak.com fixed all this.

The default port for teamspeak is apparently 9987, so you don't really need to specify it.  And if you do try to specify it, teamspeak omits it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Geffin said:

<17:46:19> Disconnected from server (server version is too old for command)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TeamSpeak pushed a client update without backward-compatibility with the 3.1.x servers meaning that people who update to the 3.2.x client will no longer be able to connect to servers that don't have the latest update.

Hopefully we can get the server updated soon so that you'll be able to connect again.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

there is not a Net-7 Discord,  there are several guilds that have started there own discords,  we have been using TeamSpeak until February 2023 when our server provider got hacked and attacked and we got knocked offline for several months while the Devs rebuilt the server, Teamspeak seems to stay up for a couple of days then crashes, but there also some Guilds Teamspeak servers 

There actually is, but I never opened it up further than just a few staff members. I think that may be the future of this and I'll post it here pretty soon, mainly to offload yet another function we don't really need to handle 'in-house'

• 3 months later...

Is the TeamSpeak server down for good now?  Any word on an "official" Discord server?  I haven't seen Dahaka Khan / Clasious / Cartog for quite awhile (the admin of the most active Discord server I'm aware of).

I have an official Discord server setup in the background I'll see about adding to this post pretty soon, or unpinning this and making a new one. 

• Like 1