New item to build: Ammo crates

Ok, I read a lot about people not happy about no build ammo on Explorers.  Thats how it has always been, and I'm ok with it. But, what if we made it easier for a miner to carry / xfer ammo?  What I'm thinking is an "ammo Crate".  My idea is that a Comp Builder has to make the comps, a device builder has to build the crate, and an ammo builder has to fill it. But, you would then have a "crate" which when right clicked, would unpack to say 4-5 stacks of ammo. Basically, although not obscenely hard to get ores, a comp builder would need to build 3 comps, which should have some non rippable ores (Yes, the miner has to work for it). Then a device builder, would build a crate of the appropriate level. (oh yea, crates 1 through 9, different comps, different recipes).  Then The ammo builder could build 4-5 stacks of ammo, and drag ammo to  the crate to fill it.  Then an explorer with it in his hull could right click it with 4-5 hull spaces open to "unpack" the ammo.  And if he only had 3 spaces left, he would throw away any ammo that did not fit.  Maybe even have the crate still take up a hold space, but be "recycleable" with a 25% chance of getting comps back.  And my idea would be to have missions to build each level of comps, missions to build each level of crate, and missions in "safe packing practices" for ammo builders.  

Anyway, theres my thought...

Sevin Dragoon

Edited by 7dragoon

My JE would love it .. well some day when i go projectiles just for fun.

The proposed idea surely comes from a cargospace shortage on other explorer classes.

But i would support this idea, regardless that i dont have one of the other explorers. It adds content and interaction and thus expands the game on the community level.

Sounds like a good idea to me as well.  Perhaps the ammo crates could also be in the vault.  If it's possible, the crate could say what type of ammo is inside of it.  If it's not possible for the game to do that, then it would be on the explorer to remember what's in there.   Would help the PE & Scout with their space issues.   Just make the devices explorer only.  I'd guess that you'd have to put them in a device slot & activate them to get the ammo out.

Since all the explorers are capable of building devices, it gives them reason to learn to build these. 

How about going it the reverse way? TB had those "cargo expander" devices in past ST he was toying around with. How about rather than crates its a "cargo expander" for ammo only. If they have the device enabled it opens up a bit more cargo space that only known ammo types could be stored, pulling the device disallows the ammo being accessed/loaded.

Same idea as 7dragoon except its an actual device allowing cargo expansion for ammo rather than a hold held item representing stacks of ammo.

While it wouldn't do anything to mitigate vaulting problems for PS/TS, I for one would love my TS/PS to have more room for dropping mined ores, rather than passing them over because of ammo filled slots.

Ok, I read a lot about people not happy about no build ammo on Explorers.  Thats how it has always been, and I'm ok with it. But, what if we made it easier for a miner to carry / xfer ammo?

This is the inital problem from what i understand, right?

The "ammo crate" idea - not really possible because of the client limitations and (server wise) huge changes needed (there are vault checks all over the place).

Why don't you make use of already existing mechanisms, solving the problem even way better?

The "ammo crate" idea is not helping the problem at all, it's just delaying it: Even with eg. 16 more slots you would have the very same proble, again, just maybe 17.2 minutes later...

You say the problem is only existing because you cannot build...ok: If you COULD build, you would need to go to a station anyway, right?

So do this:

You have 45 toons (9 game accounts * 5 toons).

Have someone build all your ammo and use AVATAR VAULT and transfer your ammo to your mules.

Since you are already on a station, you can easily log into the "NTA terminal" (Intergalactic Terminal).

Lets have someone building you eg. 240 stacks of ammo. Every toon (even at OL 0) has 96 vault slots - so you need like 2-3 mules.

Whenever you are out of ammo you go back to a station, lock your "Warrior" into the NTA term and start transfering ammo from the mule via AVATAR VAULT (portal).

You could have almost endless ammo supply this way (just depends on your mules), free, fast, usable from anywhere in the galaxy - and easy.

It's all there, just use it  ;)

• Upvote 1

Including Live, I was always in favor of Ammo building should be another skill (!),

Idea was this: This skill user can not analyze weapons but only ammo (Explorer only skill, JE/PS/TS), it is low SP skill (unlike weapons) but takes SP none the less, Like 5 Levels (Total of 10 SP's I think)

L1 = Ammo Levels 1-2 (TL 5)

L2 = Ammo Levels 3-4 (TL 15)

L3 = Ammo Levesl = 5-6 (TL 25)

L4 = Ammo level = 7-8 (TL 35)

L5 = Ammo Level 9 (TL 45)

Weapon builders do not need ammo build, Weapon builders can build ammo + weapons, but ammo builders could only analyze & build ammo...

Considering AMMO is complete different item category, this could be made... Even items crafted with this skill might be marked as no-trade... 

But ofcourse there can be lots of seen & unforseen balance issues out there for this... This was just an idea...

But I think entire "can not build ammo" issue could be simplified by if there is a way to "reactivate" Manufacture All button on client (making it easier for component/ammo builders) ( If they didn't remove it but hide it, because I'm pretty sure pre-public beta I remember this button there)

I have posted https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8972-structural-change-for-pm-ammo-component-stacking/ as suggestion for also those stacking problem...

Edited by SiSL