Ammo Building Suggestion

So I have had this idea popping around my brain for a couple of days now.  The reason I didn't post it right away is I was thinking there must be some way that this is a stupid suggestion but I can't think of one.  If there is please don't flame me, I really looked at it from every angle.

I know with the vault transfer system that passing things between alts isn't all that hard but when doing large amounts of items it is. 

Most people have a toon or seven that need ammo but who wants to become a weapon builder on each one just for ammo so I thought why not let each toon build the ammo that it requires.  Basically if you use L5 Oguns then you have the ability to build that level ammo.  I don't think it would take away from any of the weapon builders but it sure would save a lot of time for toons that use ammo.  Of course you would be require to analyze a sample as everyone else.

If this is a major coding change then I understand that even though it may be a great idea that it still can't be done but I thought I would throw it out there.

The explorer classes don't get to build ammo, they're supposed to trade for it, from warriors or traders.  There were a few exceptions in E&B Origins such as the JE being able to make the Gaze of Amah, with a maxed build skill, 15 passes for the recipe, 1 pass for one of the parts, BBW access for one of the parts, and the third part at Earth Station, Arx Magister, and Jove's Fury as a MCP reward.  This beam was no-trade.  PE got the Archos threader device that allowed Sentinels to build Archos ammo, but said ammo was called Threaded Archos and was not tradeable.  IMO the Scout should get a similar reward for Zet ammo.  Other than a few exceptions like that, I'd say that most toons who wish to build their own ammo should go ahead and plan for spending skill points on build weapons.

The explorers not building ammo is for a reason, it is a form of player base meshing, the explorer needs ammo built, the traders need ores to build PMed comps. At end game all the ammo starts to need 1 or more PMed comps, if there weren't explorers out getting that ore then the traders wouldn't have the supplies to build the comps for their ammo let alone the explorers.

I'm not seeing de-pairing this dynamic happening, quite simply explorers...suck it up, you need the traders, the traders need you. Traders don't have the ammo ore you need? Pay more or start a explorer (then you get to feel their pain). warrior? You still need the trader for the comps dummy, and through them the ores from the explorer, be nice.

Yes its a pain, Caine (hey that rhymes!) But it is what it is, unless they totally change the dynamics so that ammo fed weaps have self manufacturing ammo for everything, I'm not seeing it be feasible.

Old Live (tm) it was a horror to keep PS fed their ammo, they burn through projectile at a prodigious rate, and every vault space took up with ammo is a vault space that isn't full of ore. It put them to a disadvantage in space to JE, and the cost associated with purchasing ammo was a problem as well in comparison to JE, that's one of the reasons the Gene Repository/ Gene map trade in was PS only, everyone needing to trade in their Gene maps had to get a PS to do it, it was a ready source of income for the PS to offset ammo costs.

That and the manes essence content (only PS could refine it/mine it ) made PS integral for traders (some of the devices they need has manes essence in them), quite simply the TT couldn't function to their full without the PS, the PS couldn't without the TT.

With the TS in and needing ammo as well, perhaps they will need some content for their niche to offset ammo builds (but with negotiate making it cheaper for them to refine, purchase comps) I think it need not be as credit rich as the Gene repository /Essence content.

I just find with everyone having so many different accounts its almost pointless.

I think at lower levels any player should be able to build ammo without the build weapons skill, at higher levels I understand the reasoning

• 2 weeks later...
Where does it stop ?
As a te I can't build devices ? Do we allow them to build them ?
Each class has its own abilities and skills, builders build, explorers explore, warriors fight.
Yes ammo is used a hell of a lot more than devices, but the server is full of builders and I'm sure its not to difficult to get someone to build them for you.
Either that or get an alt (you can create 45) to build then for you.

Shaddex this is semi unrelated but is there ever the possibility to make it so you can create more than one ammo component at a time? Sort of like refining as many refined ores as you have raw ores for same concept but for components for ammos and also the ammos themselves. That way you could just load up say 50 of each component and build 50 stacks of ammo vs 1 at a time over a long period of button mashing? Would that be possible or is that a coding thing they cant do client side or won't do for that matter. I haven't really asked or seen it asked before so I'm not sure and apologize in advance if this question has already been answered.