Mission Related Components

When I played a JD many moons ago in a Galaxy far, far away, I was able to make many of the mission related components that were needed to complete the mission. Bogeril Missions in particular were huge fun for me as I was able to make Roller Press, Tinfoil, Copper Sheets, Dusty Box and many of the other 'components' needed to do Zeke's missions. Sadly that content has been removed from all classes save for traders. Mission items like the Tinfoil and Roller Press were special mission comps. Items like the Rewired Fishing Reel L4 Reactor Component/Power Generator, and the Booney's Fishing Rig L5 Fabricated Item/Mount, should also fall into the special mission comps category and be made by all classes, or at the very least be made tradable. 

All classes are able to accept the Goin' Fishin mission, however only Traders are actually able to complete the mission and are the only class that are able to activate the Raid as you need to complete the mission to activate it.

Please do not limit this end game activatable content to Traders only. I suggest that the non-trade items be made tradable or those comps are designated mission comps so that everyone has a chance to do this mission as well as be the toon to activate the raid. All other classes are stuck on Step 1/3 (of the Goin' Fishin mission, since there is no way for those classes to make a Fishing Rig and no way for it to be traded, everyone else must forfeit the mission. Please make the mount/power generator used in the mission mappable by all players.

build_tree1_zps9d4904ca.jpg

By Grandmaster Alcyone

However, unlike the Zeke's Contraption, the Zeke's Folly is not a device - it is an electronics component. Furthermore, it is an Electronics Component that a JE can analyze! I was surprised to finally find the Zeke's Folly listed under a newly created branch in the category tree of Alcyone's item build lists - Components/Computer/Electronics.
Since component building is the domain of TTs and not JEs, making up a special class of device-like "components" seemed to me a rather queer and off-the-wall thing to do on the part of the developers. But then, a great deal of what the developers do seems rather queer and off-the-wall to me...

• Upvote 1

If you couldnt make devices, it still allowed you to make that device.

I remember somethign like that from EA live.

Even if you could not make devices or was at the correct level, and you completed the mission where the reward was a device build, you could still select it and build it.

If you couldnt make devices, it still allowed you to make that device.

Wow, I have no idea what they let you do back then, I never made the device in Live.  But that begs the questions:

If you could not build L1 electronic components, did they let you build the Roller Press?

If you were not an explorer class, could you refine the Glamor Goo and Derfresser Phlegm to make the Adhesive?

Both Items are needed to make Duct Tape.  Currently you need the help of a Comp builder and Explorer to finish the mission, if your 'toon is lacking those skills.

Currently I believe the minimum requirements to start the mission are Dev Build 5 and EL 25.

Edited by Hobbs

Hmm....what would be the solution, as there is no item category everyone (class) can build?

WHat was that mission in live like?

Zack's missions in live, to build the things that required a Sturdy Solar Panel, allowed all classes to build the things necessary to make the SSP.  What was restricted by build skills were the final items, rewarded for completing the mission.  So while TT, PE, and JE all got the recipes, they could only build the devices, shields, reactors, that their build skills covered.

Also the Gaze of Amah beam in Live, which was a reward for the Mars Construction Project could be built by a JE, but was no-trade.  The requirements were pretty steep, but it could be done.  Not sure if the L8 beam that was also a reward from the MCP could be built by PE or JE, though they were the only classes that could use it.

I also remember making tons of Roller Presses and other unskilled Zeke related crafting items on my JE. I remember the item was in the same place as now on the build list, but I had the ability to create them with obviously not having the build component skill. There must have been some way on orgins to bypass the skill check.

It seems that you could not analyze items you did not have the skill for, but if you could be 'given' the print.  Anything you have the print for, you can build.

I think that would work in all instances.

So, build skills would actually be analyze skills.  :-)

ok, so it sounds like non-device builders and non-comp builders could make the Duct Tape/Roller Press, unlike now (not complaining, just making the observation) ^_^

Still wondering if you had Glamor Goo and Derfresser Phlegm in you hold, back then, could you refine the adhesive,,,,,

I remember that only the PS/JE could make the roller press, there was always calls on market from TT asking for explorers to make/mine/refine stuff for roller presses. It could be rather lucrative if you had the recipe and wanted to scare up the ingredients to pre-build them for others to use, I  just did it as a guild thing free to all in guild and for next to nothing to guild affiliates, for others id charge what the market would bare to fund guild builds.

This opened a market for noob characters to make hefty profit for bigger players from mining stacks of graphite, sand etc. rather than the bigger player taking all the time to mine piddling L1 and L2 stuff the noob player could and get a disproportionate profit from it..sort of like convience charge of a corner store.

To counter there was something only TT could make, some comp (can't remember the name right now) that the PS/JE needed from them to make the stuff, later on because of bottleneck in builds over that, that's what that vendor in somerled selling bogrial stuff was about, it was added into storyline that they were starting a bogrial line of trade goods.

Matt did you play the same game I did? Perhaps it was an alternate universe?  :lol: No, all classes could make it - every class that took Zeke's missions got the recipes,  and Genghis is correct, if you had the recipe you were able to make it. The only way to get the prints was to map it, or be given it by an NPC, like Zeke, via a mission. My JD,JE and TT could all make all Zeke comps. Only the JE could refine tho eg. P-Silicon, Adhesive,etc and I doubt TT's were asking Explorers for Sand tho as it was easily ripped from Turbo2 Hardshots and I would use my TT as it was faster than mining it. 

Edit. Everyone had the ability to analyse electronic components and get the print.

Everyone wouldn't need to analyze electronic components (which seems a little weird), they could be given the print by an NPC.  You would be able to build anything you have a print for.

This would allow quite a bit of flexibility in building out of class items.

edit:

Only problem I see is, at what level can you build stuff that you can't analyze?  You can't get a 'call forward' on 'build devices' and still build level 9 devices.

So, if a NPC gives you an 'out of class' print, what level does which build skill have to be? 

I'm not sure what level these prints are. If they are all level one, it wouldn't seem to be a problem.  If they exist at higher levels it would have to be discussed to find the best solution.

Edited by GenghisBob

Matt did you play the same game I did? Perhaps it was an alternate universe?  :lol: No, all classes could make it - every class that took Zeke's missions got the recipes,  and Genghis is correct, if you had the recipe you were able to make it. The only way to get the prints was to map it, or be given it by an NPC, like Zeke, via a mission. My JD,JE and TT could all make all Zeke comps. Only the JE could refine tho eg. P-Silicon, Adhesive,etc and I doubt TT's were asking Explorers for Sand tho as it was easily ripped from Turbo2 Hardshots and I would use my TT as it was faster than mining it. 

Edit. Everyone had the ability to analyse electronic components and get the print.

Actually I quite remember my TW could do the refine for Adhesive and P-Silicon...

Edited by SiSL

Everyone wouldn't need to analyze electronic components (which seems a little weird), they could be given the print by an NPC.  You would be able to build anything you have a print for.

This would allow quite a bit of flexibility in building out of class items.

edit:

Only problem I see is, at what level can you build stuff that you can't analyze?  You can't get a 'call forward' on 'build devices' and still build level 9 devices.

So, if a NPC gives you an 'out of class' print, what level does which build skill have to be? 

I'm not sure what level these prints are. If they are all level one, it wouldn't seem to be a problem.  If they exist at higher levels it would have to be discussed to find the best solution.

You could do what was done with the L9 Gaze of Amah.  For a JE to make it he must have at least one maxed build skill, since it was a L9 beam.  The restrictions on it meant JEs wouldn't be selling it for money (was no-trade), and the requirement for the print meant he had to work hard to get the data disc with it on there.  15 passes.  The Martyr's Focus required an additional pass to get.  The other two parts, one was available at Earth Station, Arx Magister, and Jove's Fury, the other at the drone fabrication plant in BBW, which had a vendor there.

Simply require that for those out of skill special mission builds, that you have at least one build skill of sufficient level that you would be able to build the item in question.  Just keep the number of things that allow this fairly limited.

Actually I quite remember my TW could do the refine for Adhesive and P-Silicon...

Perhaps the Adhesive was refinable by all classes as goo and phlegm are not ores but instead refined from Looted Items. P and B-Silicon are made from Abyssian and Black silicon then Boron and Phosphorus and had to be refined by an explorer. Same for items like glass cover plates. Those items had to be refined from raw ores and not looted items. Only Explorers could do the Silicons and Glass Cover Plates.