Field Reports / Rumours

dgvol

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if we can get a "News from the Field" forum created - providing our reporters are up to the task / challenge :) - ie only reporters can post / comment.

- Generally miss out on seeing the news reported in-game so would be nice to see it somewhere I can go see it and have a chuckle or simply o_O

- Rumours / Intelligent leaks.. (a strange ship has been sighted...) hell possibly even some false crumbs just for some fun

- "Interviews" with / msg's from NPC's / Factions. (Mordana leaders are urging their philosophers to avoid certain sectors due to high mortality rates) (Executive McK - on agrippa)

I like this idea. I was wondering if there would ever be a calling for a Forum spot for posting correspondence. Some were telling me to not to spam the Forum with everything I have as that would cheapen the in-game newsblurbs, even though less than a quarter of the pilots deem to peruse the E&B Emulator Forum.

From the Net terminal at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

Can just be a delay between "live" reports and "paper" media.. just like real life :)

Things like full npc interviews - too big for in-game posting, could just be a head line of an "out of context quotes" - full interview @ the intergalactic forums .. :)

Again, you intrigue me with your ideas, gang. I would love to do this for all the pilots out there. I simply do not have the authority to create more sub-Forums. I do suggest this though. The reporting sub-Forum might need to be located in the Roleplaying area as it deals with story, interactions with Non-Player Characters, game effects taken in-character, and pilots (not players' reactions to news). Also, when I seek to inform the galaxy the pilots' responses and reactions, I try to do so in-character. I am concerned with pilots (semi-roleplaying) rather than players (out-of-character or out-of-context).

I will not Report on issues that do not have some basis of story behind them. That is, I will not step on the Advocate's scope of practice.I can present it in a way that comes from the pilot, IF the pilot will help to do so when communicating to Net-7 News in-game or in a Personal Message to the Pakkrat here in the Forum.

Much of my job is to continue the story feel and flavor of the Earth & Beyond universe. To that end, I uphold a viewpoint skewed in favor (what me biased?) of telling a story both to the pilot-player and to the Developers so that all have slightly more fun. In pencil-and-paper RPGs, the GM or game world designer is at the table to have fun too. Welcome to Net-7 News.

Purchasing Aromatic Chocolate in the bazaar of Nostrand Vor City, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat