Big thank you to the Net-7 staff

I'm a recently returned played. I played in EnB Origins. I've been fully enjoying the game and the aspect of resurrecting my old mains. So a big thank you the opportunity to do so.

My other half will say that I'm a forum nut. Some days spending more time reading forums then playing. I've noticed some community drama, I won't get into it, but it did get me wondering just much our revs have given us. I was shocked and bow down to their generosity.

If you search the web on average game development salaries in the US, it's around 80k a year. Programmers are averaged around 65k a year. (Check the web yourself.)

If you Average that out, let's say 70k a year for the skills and time needed to put this together. From Kyps posts I'd say an average of 15 members on staff for 7 years. With these assumptions they have given us roughly 7.3 million dollars of game development.

Think on it. I did.

Thank you Net-7.!
  • Upvote 3

I also want to thank the Net-7 devs and staff for all the work they have put into making this game what it is today! :)

I'd also like to remind those same devs that the "whining and griping" should be taken as a compliment in the highest regards. A piss-poor game would not have such devoted, hard-core players who are so passionate about the game as to get all bent over something that gets changed in it. A piss-poor game thats horribly broken would have nobody playing it.

So, major kudos to you devs!  :)

I can relate to pretty much all of what Abysial is saying here. :) 

Before i even knew there was an EMU project, I regularly drew parralels to EnB while trying satisfy my need to play MMO's -trying out pretty much every other game out there in the timespan, reminiscing the days of scouring the galaxy.

I played EnB from beta till 5 minutes past sunset (staring blankly at the screen and blinking connection icon) and loved every minute of it.

-Thats what the devs and gms and graphic... genies ... have given me back, and I am grateful for the opportunity  :blush:

I am not very vocal by nature, not ingame -not in the forums. But I do read a lot, and some of the threads I come across (usually after a patch) sometimes make me cringe. It seems that some people have started taking all of this for granted, -speaking out like the devs and gms are employees of some big game developer company that we pay a monthly fee...

Well, before this rant gets out of hand, I just wanted to let you all know; There are lots of players out there singing your praises for what you did, and continue to do.

I count myself among them.

Keep up the good work!

I will add that someone gave me a reality check, when they said "I was so happy to find the Emulator".  It made me remember when I first stepped back into this world, and I think I could fly around, mine, and there were a few mobs to shoot.  Almost nothing worked, and I was SO flippin' happy to be back in my ship.  The development crew has come a LONG way, since then... And we do owe you thanks for that.  I'll try really hard to be extra tactful, if I feel I must disagree with something you guys did, and try to keep that in mind.

You gave us back an MMO, that we never found anything to replace, and if you will let us, and let us know how... We will do what we can to aid you into making it even better than EA's end product.

Sevin Dragoon

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie here. And I want to Thank you Net-7! :) I played other MMOs and I am throughly convinced if Net-7 had ran original rather then EA calling the shots it would have saved me from the headache that was EVE. So keep up the good work and I'll keep playing. :)

I think this is my first forum post here, it looked very different last time I checked in. I would also like to say how much I appreciate the chance to play one of my all time favorite games again, I am having so much fun and not even caring that my new "AAA" headliner games are going untouched. I haven't looked since Beta 3 but I've been waiting patiently for a long time. Sure there is a little frustration now and again (disconnects and such) but its a small price to pay. Keep up the good work!