Today after much complaining in the general channel about recent changes in the game.

(jobs waking nightmare and the usual BS)

Darkk announced he is quitting the project.

I for one don't blame him and I wish him the best of luck.

I hope he really doesn't quit, but I certainly can't disagree with him over the way the player base treats the dev's and other players.

I for one have gotten tired of the problems other players cause me and other players.

It's like you guys are in kindergarten and playing MINE!!!!

Since when has a mature game audience like e&b has not put up with nerf's and nerfbatter?

It's like you are a buncha kids and all you want is easy button and to complain and whine.

This is a free game and we the dev's and the lowly assistants like me do this for free.

And all you can do is complain.

I'm not claiming to be innocent or anything like that I'm a little to volatile of a person to be innocent.

I'd like to see the old days come back where people get along and the petty bickering takes place in private and people accusing old timers like me about not having a pair of nuts and not doing anything to help..

To you I hope you enjoy the work i did do and hope to do in the future..

I hope you enjoy some of the more recent changes i helped make possible.

I'd like you to take a long hard look at my name and my avatar and the GrA under my name.

I stood up and set my nuts on the chopping block for the last 6 months.

Luckily stuff I do doesn't affect the game other then visually.

I want to thank the current past and future dev's for the work they do.

You guys have a lot harder job then these guys will ever recognise..

If you guys can do a better job PM Kyp here in the forums and step up..

Do the work..

I'll sign off now but this place is going to the bloody damned dogs.

I hope the complainers like what they wrought..

CyA darkk good luck on your future endevours.

You can please some of the people some of the time or none of the people all of the time... but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

I like many others found this EMU and were excited to be back on it. I don't think anyone at all came back to this game on day one. hit warp, watched there ship blast off and thought... Man I can't wait to bust someone's chops for bringing this game back....

I am sorry to say that while I did find this game durring one of the first stress tests, before there was a proper installer, I was never really an active participant in the game. No one who played those days complained because it would all get erased eventually anyway. In early march I decided to fire up the game after being away for a few months and I found out it was LIVE.

Even better I found out I didn't miss anything. They had only gone live in November and didn't add any story content to the game! That meant I could start the game from the begining and even be apart of the story. Then I found out about the three new classes. I had always heard rumors about that stuff way back but had no idea what it was. Now I'm excited to be apart of this all.

I have not had the oportunity to make myself very known in the game. And I have never had the oportunity or the need to talk to a dev or gm about anything. I am sorry that I will never meet darkk in game and for that I'm sorry. I'm sure a lot of thought and work was put into the process for what goes in and what comes out of the game, and I get the feeling that we have lost one of the greats.

To darkk... Hi. My name is Minigil. Nice to meet you. Thanks for making me feel happy to play a game again. I hope you change your mind. If not, than I hope that somehow I can join in whatever you do next.

This is just sad.  If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard "Man I forgot how much fun this game was." I'd be a rich man.  I've only been playing a few months, but I can say without a doubt this is the best MMO I've ever played.  The great thing about the EMU is you get to play and speak with the DEV and GMs all the time.  You as a player have access you will never experience in another commerical MMO.  And what do we do with this access? Instead of heaping praise and thanks on a team of programers that don't get paid, for creating a game, you don't have to pay to play, you whine and complain.  JUST SAD.

Wow this is a SHOCK!

A shock to the game itself and the community.

Minigil said it perfectly. You just cant please everyone, if you can accept that you'll live a happier life.

Have drops be rare and you get blasted for making game too difficult and time consuming ...and hear people threaten to leave.

Make drops flow like water and you get basted for making game too easy ...and hear people threaten to leave.

Make leveling more time consuming and you get blasted for making the game no fun ...and hear people threaten to leave.

Make leveling easy and you get blasted for there is nothing to do ...and hear people threaten to leave.

Do you see the pattern here?

Its just the human nature.

You discover this product of love, from the very people you are now accusing to be ignorant to what YOU want and who so selflessly dedicate(d) precious personal time and get overjoyed ..at first.

Some time passes and the gripes begin.

If you don't enjoy this GAME then go to another that makes you happy. No one is forcing you to be where you don't want to.

Make suggestions for things you think need to improve but don't poison the effort and sacrifices THEY made.

Personally i see progress with every patch made and cant wait to see whats next. I am a patient man. I waited 10 years to be here.

Darkk i hope you reconsider and stay with the team but anything you decide should be based on your well being and happiness. I wish you the best.

I will chime in with my well-wishes for Darkk,

Darkk was the first Developer I encountered when I came to the Emulator back in September 2012. He was helpful, friendly, polite, and yet removed enough to let me stub my toes and slam the door on my tail when the time came. I will miss him. In October, he helped me into the position and role of the Net-7 Reporter on the news team. I did so out of a long-lost, high school, nostalgic desire to engage in journalism in a realm that was safe from Real Life(TM) negativity. Darkk coached me, and in some cases helped me to know when not to transmit a topic. He was not a censor but a guide. It was through his tutelage that I later met with Stanig, Shaddex (though we have never spoken), and everyone's favorite Byakhee. I attribute Darkk as a significant factor to the humorous, zany, informative, and helpful news that I spew onto the Net-7 News channel, the General chat, and my own contributions in Market. Even though I am not truly a member of the N7 Entertainment Inc staff, Darkk was certainly one to be welcoming me as a team member the entire time. His PMs of his laughter after a news post made it worth every report. It was this kind of support from Developers, GMs, and the Web Team that make my job fun and allow me to transfer that "insane rat's" flavor to the pilots of the Earth & Beyond Emulator. I am saddened to see him go. However, I am not sadistic enough to beg him to stay when there is a much grander array of opportunities for him.
I remember one of his first replies when I entered the Newsroom of NET-7 SOL:

"I don't talk to the press." -Darkk1

Such wisdom. To whomever has the painful job of dealing with me, both as a player and as a Net-7 Reporter, I say thank you for stepping up to the plate and occasionally caging the rat. Because he'll gnaw your ears off with his journalistic probing. That next person will have to deal with my aircraft carriers, short stories, novels, and calls for more roleplayers. To that next person, I say those are some big shoes will be fitting into.

Fly safe, Darkk, wherever your 200% IX Engines take you.

From the highest comm tower of NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat
  • Upvote 1

I am hoping the he does as some of the players have done.

Take a short cooling off period then return to the game.

We all get frustrated at times, taking a break can and will help.

Darkk we do not know each other , but your right this game has became a game of cry babies. I wish you would stay just to prove a fact that they cant run you off, your better than that and the immature ones dont deserve the right to win, all they will do is cry more.

So darkk please stay your needed here. i promise you all your hard work is not for nothing....

Too all that cry i would love to see you leave and never come back!!!!!!

Tazduro

FYI:

I never stated why I was retiring from the project. Please don't put words in my mouth.

When I announced in-game I was retiring, I never stated why. Don't assume it was because of player complaints.

I try to keep Development Issues and Player Environment separate.

Thank you for all the kind words. I have enjoyed working on the Project for the past 3-4 years.

It's time for me to move on. I wish the Community and Staff the best for the future.

/salute

I wish you safe and happy travels in all your endeavors Darkk. I always admired your work and hate to see the project loose one of its most valuable assets, but life goes on as it must. You will be missed.

Keep your head down, your guns hot & your finger on the trigger!!!

an unfourtunet fact of life is you will always have fools with big mouths and small intellect capacity for anything and anyone.

if they will attack a emulater such as E&B which to me is a temporary excape from reality

then those that judge jury and execute here will definetly find it hard in real life situations.

Dark,

Thanks for all you have done. The first time each of us was able to log back in and experience the wonder again was a gift I never expected and could only hope for.

Best in all you do.

FYI:

I never stated why I was retiring from the project. Please don't put words in my mouth.

When I announced in-game I was retiring, I never stated why. Don't assume it was because of player complaints.

Thank you for all the kind words. I have enjoyed working on the Project for the past 3-4 years.

It's time for me to move on. I wish the Community and Staff the best for the future.

/salute

I wish you well Darkk.   Thank you for your work on this game.

WTF I been in the hosp for 3 weeks getting over a bad virus infection and I see ONE of my long time FRIENDS is leaving !!!

I wish you the best Darkk . May good time's follow you .

Keep the sunny side up ans the dirty side down :)

FYI:

/salute

I Have a Player Complaint for you...

You're leaving! :'(

...and I wish to register a big fat whiny complaint about that.

Seriously though, I too hope that the addiction that is EnB will drag you kicking and screaming back - I never did join Darkk Forces on Galileo, you would have had a second crack at me in the Emu ;)

<terry tibbs>

Much lahv!

</terry tibbs>

Majik.