leaving the game

I have been flying around this project sence all u could do was log in a ship in space.... when u spend hour's hunting new drop's and then u find something nice the dev's just reach into u toon and take it from u!!!

I know this was done because Magoo went crying to the dev's again!!!

Dev's it's time u stop holding magoo's hand and let him play, he might even become a good player if he went and did something for himself!!!!

I know firsthand what this is about jmes but frankly you should have seen this one coming.

Yes we found a drop that should not have probably been there in the first place and it was a nice find.

A GM or Dev would have sooner or later found that out and move to remove the drop and the associated loot, it has been done in the past and it will be done again.

Personally i only used the item once or twice to see if the buffs stack and from that point on it was in my vault as i viewed it as a trophy more than anything else. Now that the loot was removed it would be nice to get a small bit of the associated faction back lol.

What concerns me though is magoo's poor attitude but not towards this matter but towards us knowing exactly what to do to activate GOBB raid legitimately.

Just because he didn't he cried his lungs out on market channel against us and felt necessary to drag GMs/Devs into it with accusations of exploitation.

I have made a detailed account about that with Zackman and after close inspection he concluded that at no point there was bug abuse or exploitation involved in the process and in fact this was working as intended.

I expect a formal apology from magoos side towards VGE and me in personal.

Edit

I was informed that regularly obtained loot like the one involved here was removed as well. In a couple of cases even of a higher level. I have urged guildmates to make a ticket about it. I would deem easy for GM's/Devs to see who has completed the mission and got the reward involved so they will restore their item.

Edited by Efialtis

this is not abt the shield... it'ss abt magoo!!!!

fact 1    magoo/bi can't figure out  how to start gobb raid so magoo attacks vge in market!!!!

fact 2   so to try and smoth things over we invite magoo into r vent

faCT 3 he then starts demanding answer's like he's some kind of dev

fact 4 i looked and dont seed where a dev posted that they were taking these from us

so as far as i know it could have been magoo that raided r account's!!!! think abt it, it wasnt a dev that questioned us abt the dropps it was magoo

Magoo does not have the ability to access your account and take things from you.  You can quote me on that.  Also, Magoo is not a developer.  You can quote me on that as well.

Finally, if a bug or unintended mechanic were discovered and fixed, then isnt that a good thing?  If this is about a certain level 8 shield that was dropping incorrectly, it was a GM that handled that issue.  Magoo has had no hand in that whatsoever.

I understand youre angry with Magoo, but realize he is not one of us nor does he represent us.  If he carries himself in such a way, bring it directly to my attention or another developer. 

I appreciate the response Stanig but frankly magoo's position within the emulator was never in question by me as i am informed about what he can or he cant do within his status.

I was adamant about the unintended drop and you'll have to excuse my guildmate's heightened emotions, he is just frustrated  ...it will pass. :)

i would like to call upon your attention though that whoever handled this made the unintentional error to remove items obtained through the relevant legitimate mechanic. Even more so he removed L9s that were never dropping in the first place. Pls find the related mission entry and restore those items to their rightful owners.

i just took the opportunity to call upon magoos poor attitude on another matter (servant of edward teach and how to activate the raid) completely unrelated with the drops.

When someone attacks/slander my guild or me in public i will not just sit back and take it.

As you guys have concluded that it was done as intended i expect a formal apology from magoo coming our way.

If you discover something that, in your assumption or factuall knowledge, should not be possible to do or be located in the game, the correct procedure would be to contact a senior game developer as stated per rule number 10 listed in the Rules of the game section above.

It can prevent emotional situations like this and solve any possible issues in a mature manner rather then create agrivations among fellow players.

If there are errors in the GM handling of the issue, and someone lost a legit item, the logs can be checked on a case by case basis.  Everything is logged, seriously.  So thats a ticket issue and can be handled by a senior GM.  There is an internal discussion regarding the error of legit items being taken on a case by case issue.  I am confident the issue will be resolved properly. 

Regarding Magoo and his obligations to players in game, that is interguild drama I cannot get involved in nor can any other staff member.  Hopefully you guys can resolve that on your own.  Strife isnt fun for anyone.

i'm sorry to say that getting your facts straight before making any kind of accusations, even more so in public, is not interguild drama but common sense and self respect first and foremost.

NVM.

its not worth the drama and the abuses going on.

It is however heart breaking to know that there are people that exploit and abuse power.

It really does give this game and the community a bad name and Reputation, something

I always try to maintain in a good positive way.

Rethink your ways of mediation before pursuing action weather warranted or not.

Let a Player know somethings not right with the Game and or Code CAREFULLY examine

ALL the Facts before reaching in and grabbing.

Sorry but IMHO, some of the issues and Drama are being caused by lack of or no proceedures

to resolve an issue or exploit with a player on a one-on-one basis.

70% player fault, 30% GM/DEV.

Where is the loyality at ? The game development and the ability to resolve in a business class way or your Guild.

Its getting old, for every new player we get we loose one.

Sorry this has to stop and change.

Heart breaking.

• Upvote 1

Elf for the benefit of those who didn't witness the exchange about Teach on chat I think it should be mentioned that although Magoo may have "jumped in with both feet" a little in that discussion he did in fact make a fairly comprehensive apology to you in chat when you explained the Teach issue. I think in the interest of presenting all the facts that deserves a mention in this thread.

This issue has been reviewed by Staff, and is being handled appropriately.  In interest of privacy and fairness I am going to go ahead and lock this up now and again mention I hope for a peaceful resolution without anyone quitting the game.

Thanks guys, and I appreciate everyone who explained the issue to the GM staff earlier in TS.