War declared on Miners, New solution needed!

Totally agree, in ST4, I've teleported them away, after hitting them with a Coma device.  That worked back then, haven't tried it yet in Live, but I will be doing that in the future if it still works.

It works. I don't even use the coma. With the lv 51 manes in a well-known field, I can fold it away, then fold it again as it comes into max fold range. That would put the mob at about 12K from me. In most instances, the manes just lost aggro on me and floated off in another direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for the recent changes to guardians.. I can now mine for EL / TL again.  The Guardians add a new level of complexity, but not insurmountable.  I can now powerdown, terrify, or just warp away. When they were 51's, if I didn't notice them, they just one shot me.  Thank you for listening to our concerns, and working with us to find a solution.

Sevin

Solutions?

1) MMORPG, ask a guild member or Local chat for a Mining/combat group.

2) Capitalism, Offer to pay someone to clear the MOB from the field.

3) Longer Respawn rate, Respawn the Field guardians at the "Field clear bonus messege"

4) Level accordingly, Level combat to the antiscipated MOB level. all about balance.

#4 Phorlaug... But wont happen, too reasonable.

Infact Glenn was a horrid spot for mining before near sunset as little was there. Many of the hidden mining areas did not exist till about 6-7 months (if not less) before sunset was announced.

Edited by shadowxsx

For explorers we often lag behind in CL, especially for those of us who aren't Progen, it's often more practical to get EL 50 first and use spillover.  Usually we can clear out fields, appropriate to our EL faster than we can clear out mobs appropriate to our CL.

Patch notes from 23. April:
Changed: Field guardians auto-level (CL) toned down
Changed: Field guardians respawn timer upped to 15 minutes
Changed: XP from mining activities has been raised 30%
Changed: Roid-clear bonus now applying to group
Changed: Gas fields will have poprocks too
Changed: Guild founder cannot leave the guild before transferring leadership
Changed: Field guardian auto-scaling factor 4 (was 5 before). So FG L20 would be L16 now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a crasy idea perhaps,  but still. 

How about adding a mob that spawns like every 15-20 minutes that starts with really low stats and low beam damage output.

Equel to like a haywire drone lvl 1.  Apearing completely harmless and mostly just anoying as you clear the fields.

But unless you kill it within 45 secons he will trigger his .. ..  ..  ( wait for it ) .. .. ..

MEGA OVER THE TOP SUPER ENHANCED VRIX MODIFIED HELLBORE LAUNCHER !!!

And this little haywire will kill anyone in 2 shoots this way.  (Even a shield charged PW with max HDC)

In simple terms..  kill it.. or it kills you. Can't be ignored but super easy to deal with for non macro players.

Johnsilver

Hmmmmmm but the easy way to deal with macro-miners is just ignore them , send  a report (like has previously been said) .Enough reports on one avatar ( or a few of the same names come up) the 'powers that be' can look into it and give warnings ( and also make the penalty for macro killing and mining unattended a lot harsher ,like ban the ip for a month  )   . Also may i point out that at least macro miners dont ( not that i have seen ) cherry pick :) And i will agree that some of these field mobs are tiny bit high lol . I have Parkinsons Disease and as such find some macro's very useful (like the macro that simply presses the manu button when making ammo comps , but i dont even leave that one unattended). So come on you macro user's , play fair and at least be at your computer and be part of the community , :)

Just a crasy idea perhaps,  but still. 

How about adding a mob that spawns like every 15-20 minutes that starts with really low stats and low beam damage output.

Equel to like a haywire drone lvl 1.  Apearing completely harmless and mostly just anoying as you clear the fields.

But unless you kill it within 45 secons he will trigger his .. ..  ..  ( wait for it ) .. .. ..

MEGA OVER THE TOP SUPER ENHANCED VRIX MODIFIED HELLBORE LAUNCHER !!!

And this little haywire will kill anyone in 2 shoots this way.  (Even a shield charged PW with max HDC)

In simple terms..  kill it.. or it kills you. Can't be ignored but super easy to deal with for non macro players.

Johnsilver

This would, unfortunately, mean that if a MOB spawned outside of my weapon range I would have to stop mining and chase it down within 45 seconds.  What if it's behind me and I don't see it?  Maybe it spawns just as I warp 8k away?  Too many ways for 45 seconds to pass before someone kills it.

Also, sounds like a griever's dream scenario.  Let's see how many of these things we can spawn, then leave.  Or, cloak and watch.

Edited by GenghisBob

This would, unfortunately, mean that if a MOB spawned outside of my weapon range I would have to stop mining and chase it down within 45 seconds.  What if it's behind me and I don't see it?  Maybe it spawns just as I warp 8k away?  Too many ways for 45 seconds to pass before someone kills it.

Also, sounds like a griever's dream scenario.  Let's see how many of these things we can spawn, then leave.  Or, cloak and watch.

Yes i agree.. i was just throwing out an idea.. and maby it would be possible to make it so that the mobs 45 second timer starts only after he shoots his first beam at you.  this will be done at close range and from that first shoot you have 45 second to kill it..  or (as botters will)..  die.

And i did say spawns like every 15-20 minutes. So if a guard is upp, another wont spawn.

Time for my two cents on this again.

The field guards are actually fine, I've found. Legitimate players have managed to work with what we have and the DEVs tones down the guards so that we have more chance of success than a snowball.

Some fields may need a bit of minor tweaking, but all in all its good as it is.

My TS has yet to come across a field she can't clear even with the Guards around. Just kill them and move on usually.