Repair item quality % to original % when looted

GMan33

Hello, I was thinking. It would be a nice feature, if there was some sort of device or terminal, or other means....where you can take your non-manufactured gear, and have it repaired back to its original percentage. Example - You have a Fury of the Tengu PL at 110% quality - You then get it damaged and it goes to 107% quality - You would then go to this terminal/device/whatever and have it repaired back up to its original 110% quality for x credits. This would apply to non-manufacturable items, as you wouldnt want to dig into the builders with the manufacturables and dent their economy if someone would want to repair those. Remember were talking about quality % not structure % But anyways, what you think? Possible?

Don't forget item quality decay is there for actually decaying items and forcing players to re-obtain them by either re-killing those mob dropping them / or / re-raid for it (especially on non-manufacturable items), removing them from the game, credits sink was never the problem.

Edited by SiSL

Item decay by being damaged or item decay over a period of time regardless if you use them or not?

Nope, items decay by getting tow without getting js & repaired  or docking to stations without getting repaired.

In other words, do not dock to stations if you have Structure damage. If you have structure damage in your items, it has more chance that your item will get perma quality decay... Get it repaired by one of warrior classes (TE, PW, JD)

Edited by SiSL

Well like I said, this would only be non-manufactorable items. So things are still good: 1. Repair skills still useful, you would want to avoid quality damage regardless 2. Rebuilds are still intact because it doesn't affect manufacturable items, only non-manu 3. Items become everlasting with manufacturable items already, you would just add non-manu as an option as well too. So I don't think it would break anything. Very rarely does someone go raid specifically to replace a 123% item with a 125% one. I don't see the logic in that, but what it does add is less frustration and a happier playerbase with options.

You are not making the player base happier, you pi.. off the majority of it - turn on brain for one second:

This will render all quality stuff useless in the game, cause everyone can now "correct" every looted item to 125% and every build item to 200% with single mouse click.

You render all build professions and their skilling/hard work useless as you dont need to be a skilled builder anymore.
It's not 200%? Dont care, click it up at the terminal...

Being a skilled builder? Pretty pointless when everyone can "fix" item quality at a terminal.

And that leads to a general question, considering we need to rebalance every single item buff then: Why do we need quality at all?

Let's remove quality from the game, everything is 100% and the same. Let's get rid of build skills too - since vendor 100% stuff is the same then.

I'm sorry, but the naked truth is: This "idea" leads to the dull "NGE version" of EnB - not happening.

Nuff said.