PP - actual skils, sugestions, equip at one place

Hello,

One of my new character is PP. I try to find out what skills are good for points investmens. Even which skills isn't good enough. Same with equipment for mid-lvl character (weap/dev/eng/react/shield at lvl 4-6).

Read almost everything here at forum. I don't know these informations are valid or outdated.

Can you anyone help me with my questions please?

As I told, I'm looking for skills sugestions, equpments for skills lvl4+ and any kind of valuable advices.

Thank you for your time :)

It depends on whether you are going to do Agrippa or not, and also what you intend your PP to be, a builder or a fighter/healer.

I'm not interested in Agrippa and my plan is to be fighter(+healer).

Other seasoned PP may give you better advise than I do, since my PP is a builder for Agrippa, but here in essense:

- Since you are practically a 5xGun slot 4xdev, you pretty much need your reactor and either or both the Blood device and/or Waterloo Shield (Shunt to reactor).  (Basically you have more guns than your reactor can supply power for).

- Most fighting skills are based on CL, and the followings are the ones you have:

- Critical Targeting (only Trader with that skill), Max as you intend to use it as a fighter.

- Shield Inversion: (Don't put points into this until you get CL45, because you will need Shield Nova in order to gain RD faction for Raids.  Recommend to use Call Forward to redistribute some of your skills to S.I. get your RD faction, then switch back.)

- Shield Recharge.  Your passport to being invited to Raid, because you will be the strongest healer (better reactor than a TT, better shielded than both TT and JT).

I won't comment on Menace because personally I don't think it is worth the SP put into it (as it only works at max level and only against lower CL mobs; if I can't use Menace on high CL mobs then what the use of it, because I can fight the lower CL mob w/o Menace;  personally I prefer a higher chance of Menace success together with a longer cooldown to compensate), and I won't comment on whether you should invest in your missile skill (and fight as a Terran).  It really depends on whether you fight alone or in a group, and what kind of weapon class the group is using.

Don't neglect Negociate, as it will give you trading power (buy low, sell high), and your build skills, as the later will be a source of income, especially if you intend to advance your CL/TL by running combat/trade jobs (EMU jobs do not pay!!!!)

I won't comment on Menace because personally I don't think it is worth
the SP put into it (as it only works at max level and only against lower
CL mobs;

Ah! Cool! *updates http://net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Leveling_Tips* I'd been asking about if CL 5 skills still failed often in endgame and no one could/would answer me. Thanks :D

Privateer Combat and Utilitarian Skills:

Menace is worthless past its first dot. If you must have more, try a buff from a system that grants Menace levels. I have never, ever been asked to Menace during solo, group, runs, or Raids.

Shield Inversion. Max it. It only gets better and better with Shield Tech.

Critical Targeting. Max it. Privateer's claim to fame in all aspects of combat.

Since it looks like a long time will pass before Dismantle is Developed, (if ever), I suggest Missile Weapon alongside Projectile weapons as Shield Inversion is not direction based. There are a few Progen-only missile launchers out there, (e.g. "Fist of the Merus Milia").

Negotiate. A must if you're going to try those newer Privateer trade runs out of Nostrand Vor. Max it.

Tech Skills. Max all your Techs. It will solve more problems in the long run.

Beam Weapons. Not worth the time or effort, except if you want to save credits at OL 1-50 but then have it Called Forward.

Recharge Shields. Max it and keep it maxed. 'Nuff said.

Build Weapons. If no other Builds are taken, max this one.

The above will get you into Raids easily. All else is fluff of the crafting system. Being down one skill, having never been Developed, the Privateer is in a position of getting higher skills much earlier than most other classes. My Privateer, Pakkrateus, is not a crafter and thus makes only his own ammunition and is a proficient fighter and a healer. I agree that the Privateer should get the systems and devices that will help that reactor stay happy. Just as well, the healer Privateer should look into the "Guardian" device at 200% quality to be of aid alongside the Terran Trader. The two can switch out healing, grabbing aggro, and regenerating reactor power. They make for a good healer team, even as the Privateer does damage with 5 weapons and Shield Inversion.

On location at Nostrand Vor, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

The PP is a very capable solo fighter as you are leveling.  I personally have not used or intended to use the pp as a solo fighter at higher levels because they frankly don't have the reactor capacity to go toe to toe with lvl 50+ mobs.  He is able to solo most lower level content without issue, but a good tip to reactor management is to always stop firing ALL of your weapons with 1/4 reactor cap left.  This will prevent you from discovering too late you can't recharge your shield, warp away or anything but sit there and die like the guy that didn't think ahead.  Often, I will just fire one weapon as my reactor recharges between shield charges.  The single weapon prevents your mob from regenerating its own shield and really doesn't take that much energy to keep it on.

That being said, I always have a guardian device installed (until you get shields that will buff recharge skill) to help alleviate some of the slow charging at lower levels.  Blood devices are nice, but I don't use them on the PP because the device slot is better used for other things.  I run a nav comp for speed and scan buff, basilisk to debuff for chem (if fighting ships) or the guardian, and usually a harpy for speed on looting or stick the guardian in here.  You can pretty much run non-stop until you empty your hold of ammo with a little reactor management.

As you level up, keep up your recharge skills, devices, reactors, shields, PLs, and build weapons.  NOTHING is more annoying than having to use someone else's ammo when you're shooting PLs.  Engines aren't a big deal unless you just want to go faster.  During ST2, 3, Beta, and now live, I've stopped at level 3 until I have an excess of SPs.  Then, you stop at lvl5 until you max out your core skills and back fill with the ancillary skills like engines.  Critical targeting is important in solo combat, but not at the detriment of the core skills.  If you're not running solo, but multi-boxing it with the PP as a healer, then pass on CT until you have other skills completed. 

As for negotiate.... its entirely up to your style, but I try and keep nego as a core skill that is kept up to my level; its just the last core skill that I worry about pumping SPs into.  Menace and SI are irrelevant in my opinion until you start rep farming.  SI is nice for rep but thats about it.

Just my opinion on this.....  hope it helps.