EnB needs some changes - endgame suffering

I do think you've got a point, in that I remember some complaining about Cygnus 9 reactors dropping during the Halloween event in 2003, because more JEs got the recipe than had it before.  I was one of the players who benefitted from this drop during the event.

I would; however, support a reduction in the truly awesome L9 items, if more alternatives to the "entry level" L9 items were added.   Said items would be intended for relatively mass production, would be desirable alternatives to existing items, but not as powerful as the items that are intended to be rare.

Let's face it, there is no "RARE" when it comes to "manufacturable" items... What we got here is simple Sundari Lines, Infinity line etc. L9, L8 Chims, L8 Roc's etc. drop only from raids, "rewarding raids", "keeping it rare" , although that's only on paper... In reality, it is not rarity, everyone in guild takes one, then crafter goes for outside world for millions of craft value...

In the end, item never gets rare, manufacturable by tens to hundreds, what it does is not rarity, but crafter monopolies that's all which often is bad for manufacturing competitive economy. 

True rare items would be raid only, non-tradable stuff... If you open it to trade, craft or manufture, "rare" term should not really be used for it.

Edited by SiSL

Let's face it, there is no "RARE" when it comes to "manufacturable" items... What we got here is simple Sundari Lines, Infinity line etc. L9, L8 Chims, L8 Roc's etc. drop only from raids, "rewarding raids", "keeping it rare" , although that's only on paper... In reality, it is not rarity, everyone in guild takes one, then crafter goes for outside world for millions of craft value...

In the end, item never gets rare, manufacturable by tens to hundreds, what it does is not rarity, but crafter monopolies that's all which often is bad for manufacturing competitive economy. 

True rare items would be raid only, non-tradable stuff... If you open it to trade, craft or manufture, "rare" term should not really be used for it.

That depends on the rarity of the drop in question, the difficulty to analyze, and the rarity of the components necessary to make the item.  For example it's easier to get a Pitbull Sr. than it is for a DG, particularly if you don't have connections.   Let's look at the things required for each.

Devastating Gaze:

L9 Brimstone S7 Brazier: (Aesirium, Balderium, and Modredium to make, all can be ripped from vendor comps)

L9 Evolver Actu8XRC (Vendor comp, rebuildable)

L9 Nebula PowerVamp 9X (Liquid Pagion and 2 Tiberium.  Tiberium can be ripped, Pagion cannot, non vendor comp)

L9 Quark Optical Relay (Vendor, cannot be manufactured)

L9 Terror's Gaze (Lens of Zethren Ti, and 2 Astral Glass. cannot be ripped from vendor comp, nor can Astralite)

What keeps the number of DGs down, is getting the Terror's Gaze.  Astralite was a pretty rare L9 ore, may still be not sure, Lens of Zethren Ti comes only from Zethren Ti's eye.  So it's quite possible to make this beam as rare as the devs want, by simply by reducing the eye's drop rate or making Astralite more rare.  They can also make fewer people, in the future, get the recipe by making it harder to analyze or lowering the drop rate.

Pitbull Sr.  (build from scratch)

L8 Evolver Vision Pro (vendor comp, can be ripped and rebuilt)

L8 K3 ActuTECH BA-59 (Vendor comp)

L8 K3 MountTech P39 (Vendor Comp)

L9 CE3K X93 Relay (Aesirium, Balderium and Modredium, required to build)

I think it's pretty obvious, given the different component requirements, for these 2 level 9 beams, that being manufacturable doesn't make an item commonplace.  Developers need only lower the availability of the parts needed to build the item in question.  I don't really think that there's a rational argument that can say that it's just as easy to get a DG, for a player without connections, compared to a Pitbull Sr. simply because both are manufacturable. 

Man, this response is a joke. You're talking to us like we are children. You do realize there may be more than one opinion right? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe your opinions on some of these matters are actually the minority? You talk about AAs being rare, when they simply are not; you talk about multi-boxing being a peference, as if it doesn't effect everyone else at the nav. You don't acknowledge that there are some seriously broken aspects of this game that were not in live. How can you expect this game to grow with such a close minded view of things? Someone as involved in this game as yourself could be a real asset to furthering it, but instead it seems like you just want to be the forum warrior making comments like "some of us don't have mommy and daddy to pay the bills". What is this, a school playground? I really hope you turn your attitude around and contribute to the discussion rather than resorting to belittling others viewpoints.

Well your response sort of makes my point. You had an opinion, I had a opinion. You found the things that bothered you and posted, most of it don't me and in fact find much of it actually improved things rather than RUINED it, I posted with concise reasons why I found it improved (or not).

A joke? I didn't intend a joke, I felt I was rather concise. Talking like you were a child? Hmm, your post seemed to me like, I don't like A,B or C it's ruining everything change it back now *stamps foot*!  "Ruining" because I don't like it! seemed childish, maybe I lectured too much towards that stance.

My opinion an actual miniority, hmm don't know, didn't take a poll, but seems to me..and of course it's based on nothing more than opinion, that there are far fewer fan base in the "hard core raider" category and far more in "getting there" category. There are less 150 all geared or near end gamers than otherwise. You like (per your post) the old raids with timers and drops etc. you seem to like (maybe not so, if I'm wrong, sorry) the  "good 'ol boy" network of the same 2-3 large guilds "owning" raids. We out here not of that group, actually like activated raids of course it just an opinion.

AA rarity..your opinion was they weren't rare enough, my opinion they are plenty rare enough, after 8 toons, over 5 months of play and only acquiring 1 L5 AA, seems rare enough to me *shrug*. Not having the actual DB stats before us to show the actual stats of how many AA are floating about we can only base it on opinion. You of course presented it as fact, one you didn't back up, it was of the category of "well everybody knows!" This "anybody" don't know, there are no facts in that assumption. Like I said if you felt you have too many, share them, let someone else enjoy them..barring that toss em and insure some more rarity.

Of course multiboxing is a preference! Like mining and building and jobbing and missioning is, some choose to do so, others don't. I fail to see how a single person with 3 toons linked is any different than 3 players with 1 toon grouped. How is it ruining the game, so 3 multied at a nav kill faster than you soloing, so would a group of 3 players, your argument boils down to " I don't like it, stop". You provide no evidence how multiboxing is ruining the game, you don't like it, that's an opinion.

I do acknowledge there are problems, I don't feel the ones you mentioned are as serious as you seem to think they are. I feel a few are actually trivial in fact, that they boil down to a opinion, there are things I don't like, but I don't go so far as saying they are ruining the game. They are an annoyance.

Close minded? Not hardly, disagreeing with you is not an indicator of closeminded, it's a indicator of a differing opinion. Gat a group of 15 people together and you will have 15 or more differing opinions, just because not a one may agree with you don't mean they are closeminded, I concede that given statistics it's probable that at least 1 is.

I feel I'm being a asset furthering the game, I pitch in. The game don't adhere to everything I wish it would, and it seems it don't to you either, but I don't take the stance that its ruined because I don't get my way.

Turn my attitude around and contribute to the discussion? Who is belittling whom? I disagreed with a few of your points, explained why I did, and offered a opposing view point. Because I don't agree with you lockstep, my "attitude" is wrong and I'm not "contributing" :) Hate to bring politics into this...but that's like the intolerant, "tolerant" leftists calling people names like " backwards or un-evolved " when all the "backward" individual did was disagree with them, when you have to label others for their differing viewpoint, you have lost the argument.

So take my "joke" as you will, because I have a different opinion does not make me less.