Patch notes 02.April 2013

Server:
Fixed: Ignored cool down (10 min.) on skill self destruct caused by wrong calling order of certain subfunctions
Fixed: Destroy Job mob on mission forfeiting
Fixed: Remove player's job when job mob is auto-despawning
Fixed: Missing re-forming static hull/shield packet for mob on level scaling(Poprocks and field-guardians)
Fixed: Loot for field guardians (generic items at all levels)
Fixed: Shield level display / damage calculation for level-scaled mob
Fixed: Wrong resistance calculation for for level-scaled mob
Fixed: Skill "Self Destruct" working live in O-Game now:
--10s countdown (interruptable)
--600s cooldown (re-use). To avoid an exploit, the re-use timer is set already when activating the skill, regardless of successful execution!
--No tow dialog (SD is no incapacitation)
--60s no shield recharge, reactor recharge, no engine, no skill usage, no equip operations, no item usage.
--Reac and shield will drain completely on SD
--Still attackable by surrounding mobs (can lead to incap)
--After 60s, shield and reac start recharges again, engine, skill and items become operational again
--To "ease the pain": SD damage raised REMARKABLY so skill is actually useful
Fixed: Mobs using skill Menace on players will now actually do something:
--You will lose completely control over your ship
--You will not be able to use any weapon, item and skill
--You will not be able to warp nor control your engine/thrust
--If you are group leader, group members in formation will stay in formation but will be able (oppsed to the leader) to break from the menace thrust/heading effect (unless area menace was used)

Content:
Changed:  Guardians and Minions of ArenZael now have an increased chance and frequency to fire skills. 
Changed:  ArenZael the Master range issue fixed that was preventing his primary weapon from being able to fire.
Changed:  Silver Token: Inflammatory Ideas [Research Version 8.1.W] 
- Change to logic to remove infinite loop.

- So basically all menace of mobs are above L5 menace (forgetting to use skills and weapons, that's a bit harsh, remembering menace in live was just making you flee till timer is over)

- Oh boy, SD changes will make a lot of free-wormhole PW's angry...

Edited by SiSL

Menace on live was disabling weapons too...uhm....i think (99%). I mean, it doesnt matter anyway (unless you use ML) because you cannot use beams/PL when facing away (which is on of the effects from Menace).

Note: You have the chance to break mobs skill usage (as always).

If you find mob "overusing" it, please report (bug tracker) and we can tone it down - since it hasnt been reported yet (as the skill was useless for mobs).

SD:

Be happy for the time it was here as the "PWs RTB", now it's fixed and actually useful again in combat (considering the damage raise we spent to it).

Humm, my memory is failing me again!!!

Thanks for the info.

[EDIT] I was referring to this post, and of course it is not an authoritative statement.  The point is that Ammo types that do Damage Over Time, are not good for disrupting skills:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/2236-know-your-damage-types/#entry16880

Explosive,Impact and energy were 1 big hit,semi-good for interrupting skills for mobs
Emp
1 big hit to shields and a bit of reactor when the shield was still up
when the shield was down all dmg went to reactor,very good for
interrupting skills
Plasma 5 hits as example when u did a 100 hit
with plasma it was followed by 3 more 100 hits and a 50 hit at the
end,not good for interrupting skills
Chemical 6 hits this type of dmg
was very weird since it went for instance 100 the next hit 41 the one
after that 220 and so on it went up and down,not good for interrupting
skills

So the chance of breaking mob skill usage is still based on Ammo type like before? or has it changed with this patch.

Was never based on ammo type, its damage  ;)

Actually in a way both are related...

Yes ammo type does not matter but total damage dealed during skill initiation time, however... 

Damage over time (will be refered as DoT) types are harder to break skills (such as plasma, chemical etc.) because they may not do enough damage stacked if skill using of mob is fast unlike a direct damage type (Energy / Explosive / Impact / EMP)

Edited by SiSL

On SD 60sec timer... logout and back in? Formation flying?

When is the skill designed to be used? In combat 60sec for just sit there not able to do anything makes it really useless.

No concerns here just wanting to make sure that:

Now or in the near future the Equip of a "Increased Psionic Resistance" Item will have a positive effect for

the players to be able to resist an NPCs Menace as well as the Psionic Shield use to resist menace.

As for the Self Destruct.

A lot of plus's and Minus's if the DEVs thought about it long and hard it may be a good thing? All about perspective I know.

I'm guessing that within the 60 seconds the PW can not be Recharged VIA Group Shield recharge or energy recharge or transfer or Hull patched. Although I see no mention of Hull

damage. IMO there should be.

The PW has moved up a notch with the SD being a more viable devastating weapon.

The Self Destruct is now what IMO it is suppose to be A last ditch, Between-the-Waves. End of Raid total annihilation.

The PW if he has plans to use the Skill, should not OR May not want to fly lead in a group. UNLESS the DEVs had made it that after a PW Self destructs group lead is

passed to next in group.

The PW is subjective to incapasitation AFTER a Self destruct. UNLESS the DEVs had made it so that a SD wipes Aggression (Aggro) which IMO it should.

No more PW RTB

JD now have again the Only RTB

And one last thing that is somewhat self serving.

I'm glad there will be no PvP :)

No concerns here just wanting to make sure that:

Now or in the near future the Equip of a "Increased Psionic Resistance" Item will have a positive effect for

the players to be able to resist an NPCs Menace as well as the Psionic Shield use to resist menace.
It does and Zackman confirmed it does today.

And one last thing that is somewhat self serving.

I'm glad there will be no PvP :)

Wrote in red about your concern. However, Level of mob vs. Level of player also effects this like any other skills / resists / misses... CL66 mob will have higher chance to stick psionic skills to you than CL50 even you have same resists.

Was doing L48 RD in cooper for the testing of Agrippa stuff, have a L150 PW doing it, he had L9 gear (shield, reactor, guns) and it seemed that he never resisted menace..not once. Menace hit every time and his L9 guns didn't break the skill, (neither did skills interrupt it...GL, enrage, shield sap, devices) any and all combinations.

It's max menace so turn and run with no other actions, however it's only like 5 sec. so not as long as a PS's menace.

I know that damage is supposed to interupt it now and then, and figure a L150 PW ought to be able to on a lower lvl RD.... I distinctly remember that skill+dmg had a cumulative disruption chance and even more so with + device mixed in.

This may be due to the skill timer, almost every skill (both player and mob) had a activation timer and enough dmg, skill and device hits within that timer disrupted it. The mob menace timer seems to fire off real fast, you barely see the bar before it's firing off. Of old dmg types did disrupt or slow down the skill firing, Chem had a "stutter" effect, it didn't keep them from firing the skill on it's own (skill+ device paired with chem usually did) but it increased the fire time for the mobs skill fire.

If, as you say, there is supposed to be a resist chance, with the L48, 46 and 40 you would think I would have resisted at least once in the 35ish of them I killed, and more importantly disrupted it firing with dmg and skill...considering enrage is specificly to get them agroed on you and "forget" to use a skill.

@Matt

Today fighting with 2x TW's against L55 mobs, 6x L9 zets, 4x Bolas (mind the turbo weapons buff) were firing constantly and often were not enough to break Rally skill usage. According Zackman that was available in chat at the time, "Each mob has different level of damage cap before interrupt" , either missiles are slow to hit on time or mob skill initiation is fast, it just isnt easy to interrupt. Even if you are lucky to land a random "device hack" during skill usage,  skill usage just "pauses" but does not get interrupted. 

I just warp away when they use Rally, because no need to waste ammo for ten minutes of 193 (-2193) damage per tick :)

For sure I miss Enrage helping on interrupts... 

Edited by SiSL

I've noticed this as well with some CL12 Red Dragons in Slayton. Their Psi Shield was never interrupted despite myself and another PW pounding on them. The interruption meter never seems to register any hits.

That may need fixing, but even the types of damage that are slower to interrupt skills, should fill the interruption bar.  However, filling the interruption bar should not be a guarantee that the skill gets interrupted.  In EnB Origins, it was possible to fill the bar and have it say "interruption failed".  It would not be unreasonable if this were the case in the emulator, though it's at the devs' discretion to do otherwise if they see fit.   If it is going to work like the original game EMP should fill the bar fastest (especially since it's often the least useful damage type otherwise) Instant damage should follow right after that (Energy, Impact, Explosive), and DoT damage types last (Plasma, Chemical)

Here's a relevant screenshot from EnB Origins, about interruption failing. 

There was a bug with skill interruption if you where much higher than the mob, which is fixed yesterday (live next tuesday).

Please make sure that you report bugs (or when you think it's a bug) in the bug tracker.

I got mail notiffiers because i opened this topic, otherwise it could have been missed.