ps mission "powerdown"

Was running the powerdown mission for the ps, went out to the hulk, acquired the skill and used it when instructed, sat there for 20 min, quest didnt proceed, no rd's showed, went back to base, tovar wouldnt talk... Quest seemed stuck on powerdown and wait.... So i figured that i actually got what i came for and tried to drop the quest, and that didnt work. Is this a bug or is there some trick I dont know about? Any help would be appreciated.

There is supposed to be an event that occurs with this mission, as per Prima Guide specifications.   However, we do not currently have the functionality to reproduce this event (essentially you witness an event of some individuals rendezvousing with other not so savory individuals.)  The problem being we can spawn a mob to attack you, right?  But we arent currently able to spawn a space npc that has a chat with another space npc.  Its just outside of our ability currently.

Due to the current inability to reproduce this, the step pretty much skips itself (its something I plan to work on very soon(tm) but just havent had the time)

Go to Centurion Minda on Arx Prima when this occurs.

I did it the other day on Larry and it moved along just fine.  I don't recall any specifics, but I didn't have any hang ups either.  But, since the patch on Saturday, things have been a little wonky too.  I was doing the lvl 50 HU mission and it took forever for the satellites to spawn.  Lots and LOTS of drones, but very few sats.  It was funny because the night before I had done the same mission on the PS and there were lots and lots of sats and just a few drones.  Pre patch and post patch.  Don't know if the patch tweaked things a bit, but it may be worth a check.

ok will try that , I went out to the ship, got the messiage and the skill to powerdown,used the skill and nothing ... I have to assume that the ship was targeted, when i used the skill, i wouldnt have had a reason to change the target... once powered down i do remember looking for the rd mobs on the scanner though...perhaps that is what caused it?... thanks again for the help.

went out there again, last time i warped and had to fly over the top of the wrecked ship before i got the skill, this time i powered down right as i came out of warp, and the mission continued, either it was lag or something in the positioning of the ship that caused the problem ??? but it is working now thanks again.

It has been my experience with these skill missions, as well as Stanig's Progen Funhouse Themepark, Ag*****, and others that the mission will not update or trigger unless you purposefully warp all the way to the target nav point, then do the thing that is required or wait at the site, etc.

Try not to thrust on impulse up to the nav point. The server will not think that you are approaching in the name of a mission. This has been my experience.

I'm seeing the same things with the Themepark at "Intelligence" as the correct Talon Fighters ( as opposed to Talon Protectors) are refusing to spawn. Perhaps the mission requires that I or my group slaughter a goodly number of Protectors to get the Fighters to respond to the carnage?

This may be a case where the server is not recognizing the Why of a pilot's approach. But hey, what does a rat know, right?

From the Odix Rex ( yes it's misspelled in the mission PDA description) gate to Paramis, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

I second Pakkrat's observation.  Impulse approach to a mission nav point will NOT trigger the mission.  You can easily check this for Combat jobs.  You have to warp into the Nav point to trigger it (and get killed if you are a Terran relying on kiting :-) ).  May be it is something the DEV team need to look into.

[EDIT] For combat jobs, this is no longer an issue, thanks to Zackman's recent patch, where the mob would not attack until the toon with the mission fires on it.  With that said, the warp-in trigger requirement need to be looked into.