Shield Charging (not Recharge Shields) on items

SiSL

I'm checking Net-7.org database for Shield Charging skill improving items and can not find any... (Not a related buff listed under Buff-Search either)

By Shield Charging ofcourse I don't mean "Recharge Shields skill" buff (which is healing) , I'm talking about the shield bubble of TT's...

There is none for either "Improved Shield Charging" or "Shield charging skill" named buffs

As a suggestion, either adding these skill on existing TT / Terran items or adding new non-raid manufactured line from L1 to L9 would be nice like all skills improving it up to 10 cap...

Edited by SiSL

This I like.  Just as much as I like the 'new' professions getting a little more lurve with special buffs in new kit.  More opportunity for interesting missions, etc.

How about the SiSL Bubble Machine? Looney's Bubble Gun? Phat Traders Protector?

Rat's Nest

Sphere of Annihilation for Repulsor Field

Any other names for bubbles that we can come up with?

Jumbling terms at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

I think it may have been misunderstood here... 

Terran Tradesman have this skill. It's not a new skill been there forever. Not looking a name or change for it :) It's name is confusing with "heal" one, so I used "bubble" to distinct it :)

750803721.png

It is just that lack of equipments that improves this skill... And as a suggestion on new items or existing items, skill improvement buff would be nice for it, like many other skills to be capped at L10. Ofcourse item buff name may have been named completely different that I missed in that case, please let me know. 

Edited by SiSL

Seems like a pointless skill to increase. 25% increase to shields is huge......why would it ever need to be bigger?  Either mobs can 2-shot kill you or they can't.  An extra 15% increase in yer shields wouldn't make these mobs easier to kill or prevent deaths.  At max level raid mobs are the only thing that can 1-shot kill you, due to chem or plasma ticks, a trader not recharging your shields is what will result in the death not a slight increase in shield cap.  Hull patch or maybe faster shield recharge would seem like a better buff to add to items.

Also note that that shield cap is not the be all/end all in this game.  Having high % deflects will do more than any % of shield charging.

Edited by Crichton

Seems like a pointless skill to increase. 25% increase to shields is huge......why would it ever need to be bigger?  Either mobs can 2-shot kill you or they can't.  An extra 15% increase in yer shields wouldn't make these mobs easier to kill or prevent deaths.  At max level raid mobs are the only thing that can 1-shot kill you, due to chem or plasma ticks, a trader not recharging your shields is what will result in the death not a slight increase in shield cap.  Hull patch or maybe faster shield recharge would seem like a better buff to add to items.

Also note that that shield cap is not the be all/end all in this game.  Having high % deflects will do more than any % of shield charging.

Well most other skills in this game have some devicage that improves its hit chances or effectiveness, I'm not going to say that this skill shouldn't also have something. But consider , yes 25% can be huge, another 10% even more so, but it's not just the shield cap thing you know, look at his screenie there and see. +10% to all resistances, so a +5% or more would also be very important. The increase in shield charge rate also can be situationally huge, +20% at that level means your shield self heal 20% faster. In a group that could be the difference if the healer uses a targeted heal (less agro) or a area heal (much more agro).

Outside a group that buff lets whomever fighting to get back in the action 20% faster, not even mention all the devices that play of shield recharge rate...PS have a bunch of shield rate buffers and several BOOST!, those BOOST increase a heal rate for 10ish sec in large percentages, with a TT buff on them that would be a net increase in that time frame. Think of warrior heart reactors...that swaps shield recharge rate for reactor juice by exponential amounts...that buff effects that. etc. etc.

So a device out there that gives a skill a little love that hasn't to this point...don't see the problem, it at least will be more worthwhile than a befriend buff :)

Depending on the skill in question, buffs wouldn't all have to take the same form. 

I'd love to see the navigate skill buff increase the chance of successfully warping in a gravity well, beyond 50% when buffed beyond effective level 7  (say 80% chance when buffed to the skill cap).  Shield Charging & Reactor Optimization buffs could increase duration of the skill, or as an alternative use less power or have faster power up times.  Shield Sap/Leech could have a buff that quickens power up time, or lowers the losses in conversion to energy or shields.  Energy Leech could power up quicker or draw more energy.  If there was a buff to JS perhaps it could either use less power, or give a bigger reduction in XP debt, beyond the 49% that L7 (another 21% at effective L10) JS gives  or give it a little more range. 

I'd say it depends on the skill in question, and how one intends to buff the skill.  The trick is to make it worthwhile without overpowering the skill.  

A device to buff "Shield Charging" would be a welcome addition, the buff would only need to address the length of time it takes to activate and maybe use a bit less reactor upon activation. Applying bubbles or reapplying bubbles is always slow and tedious, especially in combat.

A device that would add to the buff itself would be overpowering, imo.

Each skill has already pre-modified or auto-calculated list up to L10 except one-use ones like CF...

I would assume, next skills are would add "Increased range", "resists" and "recharge rate"... As Klyde said may be "duration" of shield like in Environmental shield.

Edited by SiSL