/hidelogins by default

SiSL

Saves a lot of trouble for everyone and reduces 100 questions daily and save constant packets server send....

/hidelogins by default on every new created characters... Noone seems to enjoy them after they notice they can actually use Computer messages :)

I can't believe it is not suggested before :)

Ofcourse with opt-in to open them... 

Edited by SiSL
  • Upvote 1

Considering the stored user prefs, only 0.03% are prefering hidelogins being active as a default.

Even assuming 1:10 alt rate, we are still at 3%.

3/10000 ? Damn... Still feels wrong... 

Unbelievable considering number of questions every day... May be too much ghosts out there :)

Edited by SiSL

Haven't tried /hidelogins, If I enable this command, will the people who are on my friends list still show, while blocking the rest of the login/logoff messages?

It just disables logins and logouts messages of people you don't know. You still see Friendlist and their online / offline status if they also allow you to see them...

Edited by SiSL

It just disables logins and logouts messages of people you don't know. You still see Friendlist and their online / offline status if they also allow you to see them...

Thanks, wasn't sure of that.

The one handy thing I find about the login info is, when it is all "soanso logged out" messages, you know you better not logoff cause something bad is happening with the login server.

It would be cool to have a toggle that keeps it turned on or off depending on preferences, with out having to use the command line every login.