some problems with TS missions

for the TS starter missions, to collect resources the first one is to collect 10 lithium & another ore (forgot what it was, but didn't have a problem with getting it)  anyway, apparently lithium is only available in the starter areas, so as a TS the only place to get it is in EE.....the problem is there is not 10 pieces in the very small asteroid field that is available to us.  at the time I was the only one in the area looking for it, I emptied the field 4 times and only got 2 pieces.  luckily someone was kind enough to give me some, but that should not be the case, it is a starter mission, it should be available to be done by the toon that has to do it, which means it should be available in the starting area, or at least in one of the connecting areas.

the other ore that is not available is the oxygen gas, the same problem, a very small gas field & not 20 pieces of oxygen gas to be had, again, spent 2 hours waiting for the field to respawn & still did not come up with 20 pieces.

this is a bit ridiculous.......what if more than one player was trying to do the same mission?????

yes, I understand we can ask other players, or have our other toons get the stuff for us, but when I am working on starting a new toon, I want to concentrate on doing so, not having to log another toon in do the work, log another toon in to trade to, log my current new toon back in to get the item to,  my God, that's enough to drive you crazy.  Starting missions should be able to be done by the said toon, not have to ask for help from others or use our higher level ones to get the mission done, how are we suppose to level the new one, if the others have to do all the work???????

And jumping on the bandwagon PS needed Iron I think ?? (something to do with hull plating anyway) for a starter mission I know had to log out play another toon for a while until the field repopped and try again, it took me a few hours to do this mission. I think once people want to try a new toon they want to get straight thro the starter zones without a lack of resources to complete missions.

Just to let you know, the iron for the PS, and the lithium for the TS have resources just outside their starting area on either side of the gates. Of course this is not made clear by the mission briefing and is counterintuitive of the premise of starting missions, you shouldn't be leaving start zone until L10. That would be Mars and lagarto next to the gate to mars beta for PS's iron. And earth and margesi near the gate to equatorial earth gate.

The JE has a better time of it since their sector has rather large and abundant resources they are needed to get as well as follow up missions. They have quite contrary to the other 2 explorers zones also have pockets of 6-8 stuff in there as well at hidden navs.

I also have to concur the resources need to be expanded to a much larger and faster spawning extent for the PS/TS zone (PS had lots of stuff Old Live (tm) in comparison to current offerings..it's rather pathetic and empty by comparison now)

Ill look into this sometime this week.  I know we upped the orefields just before we pushed live, but i also had difficulty with my play TS on finding enough oxygen.

Ill see what can be done, if anything, and will review mars beta as well.

Were there any other issues in these sectors besides the ore fields?  I tested the missions pretty thoroughly (i wrote several of them), but so few players have actually made scouts in comparison to the rest of the classes, that i simply havent heard much about the start zone.

Yes I am aware of the long drive to the shipyard for HU10, that is currently on the radar as there is supposed to be a TS shipyard in Margesi (like the TE one in Luna)

i'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this or not; but here goes:

TS hull patch mission: "Exploring the hardier, the better":  step 2: Inia tells you to go talk to Luzzini on "this" station (Margesi), he is NOT on margesi station, he is on Guiana Space Port station in Equitorial Earth.

TS Build engines mission: Manufacturing sciences: in Margesi: step 1: search between shipyard navs 10 &11 to find & destroy 3 Glinting Manes.   Could not find any Glinting Manes, found Glittering Manes, but they do not count for mission.  Ask for advice, was told the Glinting Manes were located above & below the nav points.  went & bought a scan booster, spent 3 hours searching around the navs, up to 30K in all directions, still did NOT find any Glinting Manes.

I have played this game through most of the Stress tests & now in the live version.  I enjoy playing very much,  would really like to get my TS up & running as it is one of my favorite class/race to play, but......since I started her a few days ago, it has been a royal PITA.  it just seems that every SKILL  mission has an error, or the items/mobs needed to complete the mission are non existant, or not where they are suppose to be.   I realize this is a new class, but so is the JS & PP & I had no problems at all in getting my PP up & running (haven't worked on my JS yet).  It may sound like I'm whining, but I not, really.....hopefully this is something that can be resolved, as it just seems that a lot of the content is "missing".....if you know what I mean.

thanks for listening, maybe no one else had problems??? or just didn't say anything????

The only complaint I have about TS is that the HU10 requires them to go to New Edinburg shipyard where (1) it's a long drive through unknown sectors to them and (2) CL5 Chavez take shot at their ship,  compared to the TT who starts with the Chavez in Yellow instead of red; and it is also not clear that they have to talk to Mc Kellan at Earth Station to get it started.  There is also no entry in the mission log that tell them where to go to get the HU, IIRC of course.  (I could be wrong here).

If you compare that to the new class JT, the JT have their HU10 upgrade in their starting sector iirc.  Now even Paren SY is close to their starting sector, compared to the poor Scout who has to go Earth>ABA>Saturn<Glenn>Carp>New Edinburg to get his HU at level 10!!!

@Stanig: May be this is the reason there are few TS!!!!  You have an Explorer Class with a huge signature equivalent to a target on their back saying shoot me! 

Edited by VincentTH

The Terran Scout is also lacking in utility compared to the other explorers.  This can be solved, over time, with new Scout specific equipment (new buffs/debuffs not seen before).   The JT is in much the same boat here, as a non-dps utility class.

I'd also suggest replacing Hacking, which is pretty useless on a Scout, with a new L7 utility skill. 

@ Vincent:  I didn't have a problem with the level 10 HU; the traveling was kinda slow (hahaha), but I think I got 3 levels out of the travel.  Also a missision did appear for me & told me who I had to see ( in the starter are), & the NPC said (at the end of convo)  that all other HUs would begin with Mckellan, and the master mission went into my mission log.

The only complaint I have about TS is that the HU10 requires them to go to New Edinburg shipyard where (1) it's a long drive through unknown sectors to them and (2) CL5 Chavez take shot at their ship,  compared to the TT who starts with the Chavez in Yellow instead of red; and it is also not clear that they have to talk to Mc Kellan at Earth Station to get it started.  There is also no entry in the mission log that tell them where to go to get the HU, IIRC of course.  (I could be wrong here).

If you compare that to the new class JT, the JT have their HU10 upgrade in their starting sector iirc.  Now even Paren SY is close to their starting sector, compared to the poor Scout who has to go Earth>ABA>Saturn<Glenn>Carp>New Edinburg to get his HU at level 10!!!

@Stanig: May be this is the reason there are few TS!!!!  You have an Explorer Class with a huge signature equivalent to a target on their back saying shoot me! 

Known for long time :)

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8155-terran-explorer-hull-upgrade-shipyard

Edited by SiSL

Ok working on this today, the issues I plan to address for Tuesday are:

- upping the drops of Lithium and Oxygen, and possibly adding more fields for this purpose

- Going to investigate the ore needed for the PS.

- Editing the mission text of the hull patch mission to send the player to Guiana instead of Margesi

- Adding the hull upgrade level 10 to either the actual mission or to a location in Margest (not new edinburgh).  Future missions may still have you go to Somerled.

- Checking the spawn rates of the Glinting Manes and adjusting if required.

Ill repost to the thread later when Ive finished and will write up patch notes reflecting this for Tuesday.

Edited TS master promotion mission text to direct the player to Research Station Earth in Equatorial Earth for their first upgrade at level 10.  Changed the next stage to award completion on speaking to that station.   All future promotions (30, 50, etc.) go through Executive MacKellan and Infinitcorp yard as usual.

Edited TS Hull Patch mission to reflect Administrator Luzzini's correct location.

Adjusted Glittering/Glinting Manes spawn point to include more iterations/chances for the level 11's to spawn.

Added another gas field to Equatorial Earth containing more abundant Oxygen resource.  Upped the frequency rates of Graphite, Lithium, and Iron as these are mission dependent ores in TS starter missions.

Added a slight increase to Magnetite ore in Mars Beta.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Elvenpathic

having just deleted my TS, falling in love with the idea but just simply (and stubbornly!) refusing to let go, I finally deleted the lowbie toon for many of the reasons listed above as well has the hacking/other skills that don't necessarily serve to put the TS in its niche of power.. I just felt weak, but I am giving it another go RIGHT NOW! thanks guys, your ability to crunch ideas through and make it happen is astounding

I started one of these toons not long ago did have some problems finding the lithium as what was stated earlier, but it wasnt too bad. made it to the hacker skill quest hit a hiccup there as well, but a quick chat fixed that up on location of belters on the sector... 2 klicks Isnt no where near far enough... per directions of the quest... got the toon to the lvl 50 Hu.... now here is where something  totally fell apart.  Ran the mission No problem.  When you go into to talk to De Winter she Awards you "500,000 credits In big red and blue flashy letters" stating that "this should handle any Inconvience to you".   Well she Lies   Like a rug... I didnt bother to check my account at the time I seen the text and thought "Wow that was nice" and went out and got my hull upgrade, upon returing from the hull upgrade  I docked and as normal checked the stats of the ship and checked my account, well the hull upgrade worked great, but the credits of course wern't there. I figured they probably got stuck to dewinters fingers since I know that toon with my TT Alt and went about my business, I noticed i was a bit lacking on combat expirence and found some cl 13 "space Junkies" to play with... First off at times it seems that Some one is Adjusting the spawn rates and agro of the server durring selected times of the day, because I have dealt with these exact spawns in the past and had little problem Kiting them at all, but this time I would reverse thrust, and they had little or no problem keeping up, After all was Said and done the repair bill for my engine alone was 250,000 credits, for a lvl 3 engine... come on I think you need to Install a celing on those repair cost there. I spoke with a (Gm) that was on line... his reply was "You must be Doing Something Wrong"... And left it at that... As to what I think at present I will Keep my Mouth Shut for the Time Being, but if I am "Doing something Wrong" Please enlighten me As to what that could possibly be...

Guest Guest

May need to re-examine the numbers on these lithium spawn rates. I've spent the last 2 hours or so prospecting L1 Hydrocarbons in equatorial earth and earth proper, and not a single Lithium :/