Auto merge items in the inventory and vault

Brack

Suggestion or idea I was thinking about, I save a lot items due to building needs, I figure everything has a use an or purpose.

Here's me question an or suggestion,  is it possible to Auto merge items, namely components, and loot, everything, when dragging them from the inventory to the vault? or vs a versa?  They would automatically stack once dragged into the inventory, or the vault, I know there's a filter, perhaps this function could also be in the filter settings, just an idea.

Thank you

Brack

Edited by Brack

Quite often things vendor bought and things looted don't autostack..even if you are under the stack size for them. There is some internal marker I'm guessing, since you could trade the looted one for xp and the vendor ones wouldn't, I'm thinking there is an internal flag. When this happens you have to manually stack them, I.E. drag one on top of the other to merge them, there after they stack. Of course also PMed ones don't stack with nonPMed since they are 200% and a horse of another color.

Also anything account vault transfered from the home page also don't auto stack, you once again have to log on the toon recieving the stuff and manually stack them to merge, there after they then stack.

Also similiar suggestion added for vault transfers in Web Portal : Suggestions thread...

Currently it does not stack in vault transfers or mails even it is very same stackable items (looted / or PM'd by same person etc. etc.)

Thank you Everyone for the comments,  Bob I never knew about the (Shift,Right Click option Awesome),  I wish it were done Automatically when dragged over ya know, like when we are Looting,  or Analyzing, then the item goes right into the Inventory an stacks with the other items already in there, for now your shift an right click will do nicely.

Actually I don't like the automatic merge.  I would like to keep the looted items separate from the vendor-bought ones, in order to gain trade exp when I trade them.

For the auto-stack, the workaround I use is to sort them, followed by the shift-Right-click

Hullo once again, what am thinking is different Vin, Take this scenario for what am trying to say, Say you looted 5 Cortex's, their in your inventory currently, you dock at the station, and open your vault on your character your logged into currently, your see that you have 7 Cortex's already in your vault, auto merge would be, dragging the Cortex's from your inventory to your vault, they would automatically stack with the ones in the vault, so you would have 12 altogether in one pile when dragged over.

Vender purchased items, or any other items would have their own stack ya know, cause they be different items, hope that scenario explains me suggestion  :mellow: 

Thank you again for all the feedback

Brack 

Edited by Brack

Also similiar suggestion added for vault transfers in Web Portal : Suggestions thread...

Currently it does not stack in vault transfers or mails even it is very same stackable items (looted / or PM'd by same person etc. etc.)

Great idea I have ore stores and looted ammo stores and comp stores - would be great to have them auto stack on net 7 transfer

There is a "slight" problem with this, if you have a toon named bob and another named chuck, and you transfer items from bob to chuck via the web portal, while it don't "show" that item associated with bob is (bob'sitem), and everything in chuck's vault is (chuck'sitem), through the web portal everything you transfer to chuck from bob, until you log on chuck, is still counted as (bob'sitem). So internal flagged (bob'sitem) can't stack with (chuck'sitem) since to the game they are actually two different items, just like a 200% pmed  part is different from vendor 100% item.

That make sense?

Same with looted item that a vendor sells, there is a internal flag that you don't see that says "this part is looted and not vendor" and "this part is vendor and not subject to xp", until you forceably stack them they are (to the games logic) two associated but different items.