JD Reactor Recharge ?

Can a dev look into the JD's reactor recharge please, I'm trying to do lvl 75 combat jobs, I have a 200% Mono lvl 6 also a lvl 6  200% Draco reactor,  When i use combat cloak, the reactor just stopps rechargeing and never used to, has it been changed recently as been away for 5 days ?

While cloaked, you are never suppost to have any reactor recharge, it is in fact suppost to be discharging, this is so you can't remain in cloak forever. Lower levels of cloak skill use less amounts of energy and you can prolong your cloak status by this method, however you sacrifice thing like being able to move while activating for the lowest level and moving at half speed at next.

The gaining power while cloaked was a bug, I believe it was related to the "gain power while free warping" bug. If you wish to see how much power will be drawn off etc. you can read the complete skill discription and see, you will also see that you aren't meant to be gaining while cloaked. If you were gaining reactor under cloaked they would need to rename that and call it powerdown like the PS can do at higher level of the skill (of course then you couldn't move while so..thats what they give up....cloaked gets to move)

So what is the mono and draco for then, it says, it recharges reactor, one equip and one activate ?

It has never happened before, now i cant do combat jobs because i run out of power to quick, i just upgraded my draco to a 200% lvl 6, still running out of power trying to kill one mob .

There must have been a change in the last patch, but no notes on it.

Please check it out.

Mik,

Yes, there was a patch, not this last week, but a few weeks ago.  Like Matt said, they must have fixed it while fixing the bug "Gaining Energy while group warp".

It was a bug, and got fixed.  It is not a new bug they introduced.

So what is the mono and draco for then, it says, it recharges reactor, one equip and one activate ?

It has never happened before, now i cant do combat jobs because i run out of power to quick, i just upgraded my draco to a 200% lvl 6, still running out of power trying to kill one mob .

Those reactor recharge buffs do what they're supposed to do, increase the rate at which the reactor recharges, when it's recharging. When you're warping or cloaked, your reactor should not be recharging and those buffs would have no effect.

There must have been a change in the last patch, but no notes on it.

Please check it out.

Mik,

You can do combat jobs rather easily with a simple change to your tatics. JD's are one of the more powerful solo professions in EnB. You must learn to use all of your skills and abilities in varying combinations depending on the situation your in.

ie: Your doing a combat job against a mob that has higher than average resists, so the fight is going to take longer. Debuffing your target (use of a Rada or Chimaera) lowers the mobs resists allowing you to do more damage per shot. Since you cannot rebuild any energy while in a cloaked state, you must use maneuvering to position yourself out of the mobs main line if fire. This will allow you to remain uncloaked for longer durations while taking minimal hostile fire. As a JD you also have the ability to leech energy directly from your targets reactor into your own. With some solid tactics & patience you can take on virtually any mob of equal or slightly higher combat that your own. When you find yourself struggling with a particular mob, perhaps you should consider backing off a bit and try something different.

Please feel free to contact me in game if you like. I'd be more than happy to give you a few pointers on how to make the most of your experience piloting your Defender.

Also: explanation of effect terminology:

Equip: This means the device must remain installed for you to gain it's bonus's

Activated: Using a shortcut in your H.U.D. you activate the device's effect either on yourself or target for the duration.

You cannot regain energy while cloaked, however you can regain shields while cloaked provided your no longer being fired upon.

My combat tactics, with variations depending on mob go something like this. 

Locate your victim.
Move to summon range.
Apply PSI shield.
Cloak.
Turn ship away from victim
Fire all weapons.
Summon.
When victim is summoned and weapons start firing, cloak will deactivate.
Leech.
Cloak when leech completes.
Stay on your victim's 6 o'clock.
Continue to Cloak and fire at your victims rear.
Apply PSI shield as needed.
Every third or fourth cycle you should be able to leech again.

An antila device shunts shield to reactor. It max recharges reactor instantly.

Edited by XanaX

Re: An antila (sic) device shunts shield to reactor. It max recharges reactor instantly.

Unless I have looked up the wrong device, an antlia device is for JE only.  I think you mean the scutum device?

Edited by VincentTH

• 3 weeks later...

Re: An antila (sic) device shunts shield to reactor. It max recharges reactor instantly.

Unless I have looked up the wrong device, an antlia device is for JE only.  I think you mean the scutum device?

You are correct sir...my bad

The Scutums is a nice device as it shunts 25% of shields into your reactor, a must for JD's . -25% Shields to +25% Reactor but can only be used once and is on a timer for X seconds. The Antlia can be used multiples times to instantly shunt shields to reactor but as mentioned is jenquai explorer only. The device you will want to have is a Martyr's Heart L7 and is instant shunt to reactor.

As for Energy Leech, there are techniques to using this skill.  Don't pop it right away if you don't need to, and be careful when going against missile or projectile mobs. If facing your target, stay cloaked until within leeching range, fly directly toward the mob, unlcloak and pop the leech while flying directly thru the mob, recloak once it hits and continue to kill the mob. Max Leech isn't necessary when soloing.