Answering some questions about Kuei Station Raid

So we had some issues with spawn progressions and how it was set up.  In yesterdays patch notes it was mentioned that the raid is back in and functional.

There was a minor issue with one of the spawns not working correctly today when I was doing yet another test today.  That bug has been fixed for the 3/19 content push.

That being said, I will share a few details with you so you know when this raid is up and ready to roll.

First, in the near future we will be taking this raid off of the spawn timer and making it activatable.  Since that mission currently has an issue, I have set the initial mob that starts the raid to a spawn time somewhere in the realm of 2-3 days.  You will have to figure out anything past that. 

The three carriers and dragon's breaths that are almost always there are not part of the actual raid, but they will be a nuisance if the raid is running and they are there.  Kill them if you like, or not, but they have nothing to do with the raid itself.

The mob you are looking for is called Communications Array SDX.  In the same way the controller has that "special mob" you look for, this is the mob that starts the raid.  In the future he will only spawn if a player has completed a mission.  For now though, he is on the aforementioned timer.  Kill him and the raid triggers.

You will have several waves of lesser mobs after that, along with some sub-boss spawns and the station elements.  The final boss spawns after the Command Center is defeated.

Beware that this raid is an intended 4+ group encounter, and the mobs are very difficult. 

You will take heavy faction loss in this raid, just as you did in Original live, so you would be advised to either have toons dedicated to RD killing, or be prepared to have to come back from 10k or so worth of faction hits.

Beyond that I dont want to give away any more details, and would love to see you guys take it down (like I said its a little buggy right now on the current Play server build, so it might not be doable til next week).  Be on the lookout for some new drops, too.  =D

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves, and be aware this is the "official" development statement regarding it.

The guys who worked on getting this thing together, are very proud of their work, and we hope you really enjoy doing it.

• Upvote 1

atm you cant really put 4 groups on a raid or everyone lags out and 1/2 the groups get DCed

A lot of that is being worked on atm.  Some changes are in progress to the proxy that should alleviate a great deal of the disconnects in raids and when gating.  Those should be ready pretty soon.  However, there is not much we can do if a player is on a bad connection or has an old computer.  Some of the crashes are due to that as well.

The faction hit is unreasonable but I guess since I am saying that I am whining or wanting EASY mode. Unless people take the brown nose approach they are labeled that way. 

If the raid is challenging enough and well constructed why is there a need to impose a  huge faction hit for a raid that is successful? Here is a little shocker for you guys. Most dont want easy mode they want a challenge. Nothing I hate more then to see people picking loot drops even before the raid starts. Perfect example is the troller. Over in 15 minutes and takes longer to lotto loot then it does the raid. 

Make ALL the raids device activated. Then there is no end to how you can make the raids more interesting. Think of this a raid that has 10 spawns, each spawn is different. Spawn 1 to 3 take over an hour to kill, spawn 4 all mobs are projectile immune. Spawn 5 missile immune, 6 beam immune. Spawn 7 powersdown all the healer classes so to heal the rest must kill in which they receive a small heal from the mob they kill. Spawn 8, 9, and 10 will not spawn for 12 to 24 hours later. Add even more surprises in the last 3 waves. Also make each raid must be completed or all those involved are locked out of doing the raid again for a week.

Oh well I guess I am whining and wanting easy mode again.

• Downvote 1

You are destroying the main base of the RD outside of BBW.  Give me one good reason why it DOESNT make sense to take a faction hit?

Youre essentially burning down their capital, why wouldnt they hate your guts for that.

In general, especially considering some of the future content in the works, you guys are going to have to accept that you wont be able to be positive with every single faction in the game on every toon.  Choices to be made, alts to have. 

We did it in original live, didnt we?  I know all my guildmates had RD negative toons for the base, so they wouldnt kill their faction on their mains for BBW.

While I respect you need for more difficult Canman, if you were being serious with your suggestion...quite frankly it's not doable. Not saying devs can't do anything they put their minds to, I mean not doable by player base. Who, besides yourself devotes to  a 10 spawn raid that takes 1 hr for ea of the first 3 waves to complete (3 hr) and next of the next 3 raids immune to 1/3 of the player/raiders (thats 2/3 dps kill rate btw) , then something (what has a specific mob that somehow recognizes which toon is a healer somehow) and has some new debuff to use to forbid them healing, then 3 more waves that take 12-24 hrs spawn later?

Just your timing on that alone is a minimum of 39-75 hrs. to do, let alone the time for the middle waves and heal wave thing...I don't know about you..but I don't know any player that plays for 75 hr. without some shuteye. I think with that type of raid its even illegal here in USA...thats the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause in the constitution :)

I see you may be throwing out a extreme idea for a raid thing...but really 39hr raid? Don't think you are going to get 4+ (24+ peeps) groups to hold together for that!

As to the make em all activatable...BRAVO! Long time asked for...long time desired and *hand rubbing together...slobber dripping* much anticipated!

Stanig,you don't know just how much activatable raids have been desired, they will go a LONG way towards stopping grief and anger over timed raids, they certainly will cut the "only the big guilds can run those raids" calls, or the " such and such guild owns raid X on day Y" postings. Once again BRAVO!

Most or all of the raids being activatable by a device is fine by me, but please don't make them all require you farm factioned mobs for a rare drop to make the device.   Let most raids be doable without destroying faction.

• Upvote 1

It's great that you guys got the raid working again.  The only problem is going to be the faction hit for 24 people as what is suggested for this raid.  In live you used to be able to exploit the base so nobody lost faction.  It also could be done with less then a group.  It's a shame too since I'm sure the raid is quite enjoyable and the loot seems good.  I'd be surprised if any guild does it more then once under these current conditions.

Like stanig said ...ALTS!

You can have up to 45 toons connected to your master account. Do i need to point out people that have multiple toons, even from the same class?

This is an MMO, your choices should reflect to something different like in every other game out there.

Why is there the absolute need to do everything on ONE toon? My only guess is bragging rights.

And for those that will say they don't have the time to use multiple toons, the game is here to stay.... i think all these years in development and now the Live status can attest to that.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think 10k faction hit is a bit much to hand out to everyone involved. If it were my decision, I would give the instigator (the one assigned credit kill or group leader awarded the kill) 10k faction hit and the rest 2k. This is just a game after all, and does not necessarily have to make perfect sense.

Question, how much faction hit was it live, my memory fails me on this, I understand that this is an expansion of the game and what not but I don't see the point in making things so hard

especially when we have a small player base as we do.

Question, how much faction hit was it live, my memory fails me on this, I understand that this is an expansion of the game and what not but I don't see the point in making things so hard

especially when we have a small player base as we do.

It was as Stanig said, it was a 10k faction hit to killing raid of RD base, it is as Pezant said as well, there was a exploit used back then to avoid the RD faction hit, all but the "final blow to kill" group would log out and back in, when the final blow hit they weren't technically in the raid when the faction hit was assigned, then when it was killed they would divide the spoils.

This also brought up another exploit however, loot stealing. There were a couple of clowns that sat around cloaked while the raid went on, when they saw everyone log out they swooped in and grabbed the loot, by the time everyone had logged back in they usually had gotten everything and fled before the returnees knew what had happened. This caused a HUGE outcry by raiders (think about it though...they were exploiting avoiding RD faction hit..the thiefs were exploiting them logged off and there not to stop them :))

It was deemed a bad exploit however to loot steal and they changed things with loot rights, and role assignments etc.

Don't know if the old exploit of avoiding RD hit can still be used, guess we will have to see if anyone tries it and succeeds won't we?

P.S. Got a side idea..the final boss or one of the prebosses aught to have as part of their loot drop.... a feather! Have some text from the boss or even a parrot sound over of "Arrrhg ye kilt me parrot! Yer gonna pay dearly for th't matey!" For those complaining about the rep grind to find a feather might not object so much if they knew for sure they gonna get a feather loot for 10k faction hit that they are getting from base kill anyway.

Edited by Mattsacre

Eh, I think I'm gonna have to call it quits on this game for now. 24 player raids? Really? WoW doesn't even require that many people and it's got millions of players. We maybe have 200 players all around the world, which of of them are multiboxing at any one time. I know you are setting your aim high, but be realistic here please.

Eh, I think I'm gonna have to call it quits on this game for now. 24 player raids? Really? WoW doesn't even require that many people and it's got millions of players. We maybe have 200 players all around the world, which of of them are multiboxing at any one time. I know you are setting your aim high, but be realistic here please.

Correction, there are over 500, and closer to 1000.  Your estimation is ridiculously far off the mark.  You cant take a snapshot and say "ok there are 400 on now, that means half of them are real people so thats the total population of the game"

Doesnt work that way.  I have access to information that has shown more than 430 unique people logged in at once, and naturally it isnt the same 430 logged in around the clock.   The number of active players is more than three times your estimate.  And it is only increasing over time.

The loot was so bad with the RD base that it really wasn't done much once they added the BBW raid.  The faction hit was too severe for most players in comparison to the potential loot obtained and many just created RD base looter toons with no RD faction. All they did with these toons is kill the RD base and give out and/or sell the loot. On galileo you would see some guilds trying to give out HB's and SM's and having a tough time getting anyone to take them since RD faction was needed to obtain the ammo.  Now if the devs bumped up the dps/effectiveness of the gear that drops from the RD base and/or made the ammo printable, then taking a 10k hit could....potentially.....be worth it.  I have my doubts though because that's a significant amount of chavez farming.

I still like the idea of being able to get an item from the RD base, like an HB, then having a mission line from the chavez that upgrades it to a chavez HB (more damage, printable ammo).  Could even have it eventally lead to a chavez Raid and/or station access. Could make these missions tough (not agrippa tough) to the point where doing an RD raid is a ton of fun and worth the faction hit (should skyrocket the chavez faction by a ton though).

Edited by Crichton

I flew out and took a look at the base the other day. It seems the 3 "carrier" type vessels are the only targetable part of the base, at least they were the only things my guns lit green on. Of course there is that nasty group patroling too, which is targetable also.

Cudos to the devs, looks much better than before when base parts were flying all over helter skelter. :)

• 4 weeks later...