Update 11/03

I got an error message when I tried to update the launcher today.

"Update Failed. Downloaded file is invalid. Hash of downloaded file and hash in server manifest does not match. File: C:\program files (x86)\net-7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe.tmp"

Then when I click ok i get the usual update available sign. 

New version 386.

Now the launcher won't start at all. is it a faulty patch?

Help please

Edited by Aragwath

I just checked if my laptop, which btw runs the exact same OS as my desktop comp, could update the launcher and it did. 

Im quite clueless here. I could try to copy the NET-7 from my laptop to my desktop and see if that works.

Same problem.  Running windows 7 x64. Maybe there is an issue with either the LaunchNet7.exe.tmp file or the check that is done to validate this file on x64 systems.

Edited by Crichton

I too am having the same prob i run win 7 64 bit i had a window up saying tmp173.exe - bad image, it says 

" C:\Dave\AppData\local\temp\PROPSYS.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support."

Really, no help here yet?  Still having exact same problem as reported by OP on WinXP Pro SP3.  Today I figured I'd try downloading and reinstalling the Net-7 Launcher.  Install went fine but still getting same exact error.  Aragwath - I also have a WinXP laptop that's still working - can you sketch out the steps you did to take your laptop's launcher and get it installed on your other comp?  Thanks very much . 

For me it was my trendmicro virus scan/firewall that was blocking it.  I disabled this and was able to download/install the patch however at work there is no option to disable this so I had to usb dongle transfer it.  There is definitely an issue which is causing the problems as trendmicro won't even allow a connection to the net-7 download path due to the hash not matching.

Edited by Crichton