Figurines and Mah Jong - Add the Complete Set

I'm not saying the S n'H device wasn't useful (marginal at best though), but I think you know what I'm refering to, there are other MMO (glares at WoW, a little at LoTRO and others) were they added "flavor" content and buffs etc., most geared towards some holiday or another, were they did some dubious task on other players (weather they desired the task performed on them or not) that they got some title or something.

Some of those things gave tangible rewards like special mounts or gear or abilities or emotes etc. etc. Some of those buffs they "just had" to perform were of a annoying nature to the other player, it hampered their play in some fashion, some were of a total grievable nature like knocking you out of a AH or a bank or hampered your travel in some fashion, other were minor and were click/dispel in nature, but then the retard would put it right back on you with out your leave to do so.

These I object to, most especially the hampering ones, imagine you are in terminal on a large comp build jag and some jerkwad keeps putting some buff on you that drops you out of terminal every time they drop the buff on you....or imagine someone being able to pull you from warp and warp interdict you as a "celebration" of some sort...I don't find that celebitory myself.

WoW has a slew of these annoying crap buffs, and given the average 13 yr old mentality of most of those players...it can get very annoying.I havent played WOW since ST2 :)

LoTRO has a buff that forces you to dance for a while, you can't travel or do anything else for the buffs duration...imagine if you were on the way to a fishbowl and your raid was waiting on you and some retard put a buff on you like that...it would T me off if not you.

EVE had ways that people could stop you from warping with scramblers or from thrusting with tanglers or targeting with target blockers or range reducers, and in many cases it wasn't considered "hostile" enough to count as a assault and have security forces stop them from doing so, they could hamper your game play with impunity just to annoy you. Need I even mention jet cans abuse :/?

So basicly what I'm saying, if "flavor" content is going to go down this type of path, just to get things to award titles/achievements for.....count me out, I've left 3 other MMO's over that crap (and other annoyances as well).

I guess this could be considered a pre-rant on the subject :)

I was saying that I would rather not have to fill up my limited storage to fulfill some collection mission.  My progens already get a token or two, that I sort of object to as an auto spot taker.  If something were to be added, I think titles would be way less obtrusive than what you described Mattsacre,

Killing 200 or so fish for a  "Fish slayer" title seems pretty harmless.    

• 1 year later...

An interesting suggestion and would be good for those that aren't lovers of mining or raiding.  It adds a different element to the game that could be fun for those that enjoy the collecting aspect.  I would say it would be best to keep these out of recipes or anything used by those who like to "blow stuff up."