Faction Donation (with strict rules)

SiSL

A slash command for donating some of your "earned" faction to your fellow players as a bailor, sponsor or warrantor.

/factiondonate <faction_name_predefined_as_single_word_pda_text> <amount> (while player is your target, only happening in space)

Rules:

1. Donator should be established player (over OL135 and received final Hull upgrade) to use this command prevent new character donations. 

2. You can not donate an amount that would leave you below +2000 of said faction. 

3. You have to be at least +4000 faction to be able to sponsor another player (you at least need to be better friends with faction to be bailor) 

4. Only half of your donation will be translated to your friend as faction. eg. If you donate 2000 faction, player will only receive 1000 faction. You will loose 2000, other player will gain 1000. (eg. similiar to current win-loose on killing factions, if you kill a faction ship, you loose 2x of what you gain to opposite faction) 

5. Works for any faction marked as active factions.

6. If / When Faction limits are set, that would be additional restriction on number of factions to be donated combined with above rules.

Faction names:

All facitons have a designated single word name (that list is to be supplied if implemented) Red Dragon = Pirate etc.

Why?

1. Help of players to each other for docking priviliages that has been discussed a lot lately (RD-Sharim love)

2. Patching wounds of hulk nerf (aka suit & tile nerf)

3. Saving other players / guildies from repetitive mindless tasks (jobs) by donating faction you don't need.

4. Helping save time on faction requirements for certain tasks. (Aggripa comes to mind)

I think I covered basics, anti-exploit and balance guidelines. Please feel free to add opinions, ideas... 

Forgot a tool like SHIELD NOVA is in-game... 

Edited by SiSL

Morning,

this is also a function from SWG and was removed later since it was an exploit.

In EnB, it makes faction almost useless.

Why?

Grow yourself a few PWs with shield nova and name them "faction1, faction2, faction3". Then go out and farm 50K Chavez, RD, Vrix etc etc etc.

Can you see this in the market?

WTS Chavez faction, 1 mil/per 1000 faction /send tell

A high level toon (eg. PW with Shield Nova) would burn a few thousand faction points in an hour and could "donate" any other toon quickly into any faction content where you normally should work for. Everything is based on decisions.

If you go A, you cant go B and so on.

This would allow toons to "faction hop". Even the content not being ingame yet, relying on faction would become easy cake when everyone could donate "wildly" to others.

This would lead to a faction cap, donation cap, danation ratio (eg 1:4), donation timer and and and....lot of work...for what?

Nope, HIGH likely not happening... sorry.

You are right, Shield Nova style tool, never came to mind... (never grown a PW and dislike PW's thansk to Aggripa testing requirements) 

Hence Faction limits like in WW Live would come handy...

-10K min for all, 15K max affilliate (Your own class faction), 12K max with any other...

Don't forget, most classes gets up to -9000 to some factions by default (and this is not you went to road a by chocie, you can't to road b type of selection) just curious of paths to bring this to classes without superb tool like Shield Nova (like 8 of them)

Edited by SiSL

Think of this:

Im farming 30K RD....chavez is like -50K.

Now i sell RD faction, down to 0. Chavez is still -50K.

Now i refarm RD faction to +30K, Chavez goes down to -100K...how much more cycles needed to see the problem? 

This idea is simply BAD, there are a tons of "follow up" work coming with this, tons of needed changes. You would need caps which opens other exploits (since we have group faction in):

I farm down my Chavez to -15K, helping noob in group to gain RD faction.

I can do this the whole day (Shield Nova) without getting any more punishment on my PW than -15K Chavez.

Market:

WTS Factiongroup/farming - 1 mil/hour, pst.....

Nope SISL, bad idea...NEXT  :lol:

I have heard that there is no bottom limit for faction, that you can go - forever.  Now, this I personally do not like, as I am having difficulties finding folks okay with doing a RD base raid because they don't want to take the faction hit.

Personally, I'm okay with the faction hit, and would like to do more than one, but would like some sort of minimum that I could come back from, and if I am -50k RD faction from having done 5 RD base raids, well, that's just not gonna happen.

We need that bottom limit, so yes, it is difficult to recover the faction, but not damn near impossible.

Think of this:

Im farming 30K RD....chavez is like -50K.

Now i sell RD faction, down to 0. Chavez is still -50K.

Now i refarm RD faction to +30K, Chavez goes down to -100K...how much more cycles needed to see the problem? 

This idea is simply BAD, there are a tons of "follow up" work coming with this, tons of needed changes. You would need caps which opens other exploits (since we have group faction in):

I farm down my Chavez to -15K, helping noob in group to gain RD faction.

I can do this the whole day (Shield Nova) without getting any more punishment on my PW than -15K Chavez.

Market:

WTS Factiongroup/farming - 1 mil/hour, pst.....

Nope SISL, bad idea...NEXT  :lol:

Hey, I moved from idea already, I was telling Caps about current situation without faction donate   :)

Indeed Next... 

Edited by SiSL

&nbsp;

I have heard that there is no bottom limit for faction, that you can go - forever.&nbsp; Now, this I personally do not like, as I am having difficulties finding folks okay with doing a RD base raid because they don't want to take the faction hit.
&nbsp;
Personally, I'm okay with the faction hit, and would like to do more than one, but would like some sort of minimum that I could come back from, and if I am -50k RD faction from having done 5 RD base raids, well, that's just not gonna happen.
&nbsp;
We need that bottom limit, so yes, it is difficult to recover the faction, but not damn near impossible.

&nbsp;#

+1 there needs to be a lower end cap - wasnt it -10k in live ??