MultiBox Jobbing

It would be neat on the Portal to have two numbers of Online: Number of Players and Number of Characters. In that way, we can see a true listing of players online versus number of toons being multiboxed. Then we can see without having to speculate the ratio in chat and then repeatedly drawing lines in the sandbox.

In the Citizens Registry of NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat Edited by Pakkrat

Just my 2c but I find multi-box jobbing is quite prone to CTD, and that's with only 1 char getting jobs and the other being a taxi.

I have my doubts that people are multi-boxing 6 chars the terminal.. just reeks of being inefficient with needing the right jobs + terminal refresh waiting + contending with other players jobbing... maybe 2 chars or 3 at a stretch but certainly not a full 6..

There is only 1 mouse!!! so unless one use a __very__ smart macro, I don't see any advantage. 

Also the amount of jobs that you can take are like 2-3 per 5 min refresh/new jobs (just pick numbers out of a hat), so any one that box will have to wait as many time as a non-boxer times the amount of alts (Say you wait at the terminal 5 mins to get all 6 jobs, a boxer with 3 alts would have to wait for 3x5=15 mins!!!!!

My anecdotal evidence points to a couple of people using job bots to grab several jobs as they appear and discarding the ones they dont want.  Rinse and repeat until you have the six jobs you want.  The jobs appear then disappear unnaturally quickly before you have a chance to react. The sucker stood next to them only has a low chance of getting anything.  They may well be attended macros but its a naughty little trick? My two cents anyway....

Ive multibox jobbed.  Dont do it often and when I notice the jobs are not coming through very fast or there is already a hoard of people around the Term I cut it down to one. I dont like sending out my toons unless they have all 6 job spots filled and fighting for a few jobs is hard enough with other players, no point in fighting with yourself. 

I multi-box job with 2 toons, however I do not do this macro or grab any I see technique.  I read the jobs, and only pick the ones I want.  If there was a lower one that I picked up, and a higher Exp one shows up later, I will go ahead and drop the Lower Exp one to get the higher as long as no one else is at the terminal with me.

I usually multibox when I do jobs. Like Will though, I do it manually and only pick the jobs I want, and I never compete with myself. I do it to have something to do while waiting for the terminals to refresh, since I rarely get six jobs I want in one refresh. I use the time to continue whatever I have planned for the next character in line. It may be some other job, trade runs, building some equipment, working on a mission or something else entirely.

so ridiculous when people have 9 toons and 6 toons multiboxing, hogging up the job terminals. And I am talking about guildys !  There should be a limit on boxing IMO.  <grumble>

+1

I can see a real benifit of Multiboxing 2 toons, Your main and 1 support class, But 6 ?. Com'on !

For you multiboxers think of your main toon, then think what support class would really make the combination truely awsome !

Mine is my Jenquai Seeker, when I get both leveled next will be My Jenquai Explorer as my toon partner, either with my JD or partnered with my JS.

For the Multi-mutiboxers (4+ toons), I wish that the game had capital ships they could fly, each one of your toons could then operate a certain aspect of your captial ship(s). That would be awsome!

Hhhm? I wonder how hard it would be for the DEVs to come up with the code to automaticlly transform your Multiboxed toons into a Single large ship. The .w3d files already exsist for capital ships.

The Code to transform your Multibox-to-Capital ship could be server side ??

The .w3d image (Capital ship) would be based on your Groups Leaders faction! How cool is that !

Heh, maybe they can have the IP address work in a way that if you have more than 3 toons from the same IP, your Toons would be labled for PvP.  OUCH ! I can hear the screaming on this side of the monitor !

I always knew that Multiboxing would take the Bosses and Raids, now it seems it has moved to the Jobs terminal.

What a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no rule saying a player cant job multiple toons at the same time.  However, if you believe someone is scripting or botting using a third party application that may be griefing or automating the process AFK, then submit a GM ticket in Help - Self Help in game for a GM to review.

Unless the person is AFK or using a bot, there isnt anything I am aware of that they are doing wrong, as much of an inconvenience as it may be.