JE Shield Leech seems too powerful

jrichards

I don't recall shield leech being this strong in Live.  I also noticed that sometimes it appears to crit a take a huge amount of shields off a mob while other times it doesn't take as much. Since JE don't have a crit skill shouldn't this happen very rarely or only when a TE has rally up?

Also since the skill is a PSI skill shouldn't some mobs be able to resist it?  I have yet to see it fail on anything. At the moment it seems like JE are more powerful than TS and on par with PS damage wise......not sure if this is intentional though.

I don't recall shield leech being this strong in Live.  I also noticed that sometimes it appears to crit a take a huge amount of shields off a mob while other times it doesn't take as much. Since JE don't have a crit skill shouldn't this happen very rarely or only when a TE has rally up?

Also since the skill is a PSI skill shouldn't some mobs be able to resist it?  I have yet to see it fail on anything. At the moment it seems like JE are more powerful than TS and on par with PS damage wise......not sure if this is intentional though.

Here we go again. :angry:

Classes without the Critical targeting skill can get critical hits when fighting, they just get far fewer of them.  In addition, there are equipment buffs that the JE, Scout, JT, and TT can use to increase their critical chance.  The items that buff critical targeting, buff critical chance, rather than critical skill.

I play all the classes but my JE the most recently since he was getting close to 150.  I have shield leach maxed.  I have never noticed anything that looked like he got a critical on shield leach.  Nor, does it seem over powered.  On MOBs higher than 45, it hardly seems to do anything at all.

Also, I don't remember it being a PSI skill.  How do you THINK away someone's shield energy.  It may be a PSI skill, but I thought when you learned it the 'teacher' said it was subtle tweaking of you reactor...

Since reaching 150, I have started a new toon, and not playing the JE as much.

Like JE's with 3 weapon slots are overpowered anyways ?? /sarcasm off

Ok Devs, time to give Crichten his own server so he can play by himself; so he won't be inclined to feel inadequate in any way when interacting with other classes!

LOL nice suggestion.  Or the DEV'S could just swing that nerf bat in his direction only!  Give him something real to worry about

I do not see any issues with shield leech at this time. 

I have used the skill extensively on my play toons, and quite frankly it has a long enough windup timer that a JE using the group version in a raid setting usually finds themselves very dead on arrival anyway.

The amount of shield sapped goes to reactor anyway, and the skill has a long cooldown timer on the same mob.  There really is no reason to touch it.  If further and extensive testing, with evidence beyond anecdotal experience comes along, then sure we could review it, but based on one person seeing it different than they think it should be, no I dont think it would be wise to "nerfbat."

Calm down guys, we aint touching this one, that Im aware of.

• Upvote 1

Hey now Crichton may have a point, nerf it make it so its a 1 hour spool up timer and only does 1 in shield damage to the mob, the do the same for energy leech on the JD, the boost all mobs hit points 500% above what they are now, because we all know non raid boss mobs in original live had 2mil + shields and hulls.

LOL nice suggestion.  Or the DEV'S could just swing that nerf bat in his direction only!  Give him something real to worry about

Just because I post my observations/experiences doesn't mean I am right.  The devs seem like reasonable folks and they actually have access to look at the % and code of these skills.  Pretty easy for them to close this post as "working as intended" without other players freaking out. 

I really wish there were more opinions expressed in the forums but it seems like any time anyone posts something a little controversial we get a couple of these '12 year olds responding' posts.  Get worked up about the economy, politics, religion, environmentalism, or something important......this is just a game ;)

Edited by Crichton

Well the problem is Crichton, no offense but when you make suggestions like this back it up with hard facts especially when it's a minor portion of the game. There are still plenty of ways to confirm quite a few things from old game archives. This way you won't get what you call 12 year olds posting about it in which they are saying your not quite right. You may have the best memory in the world or something I do not know you so I cannot say you don't but, remembering things like this from 10 years ago from one person isn't going to cut it for changing the DEV's minds on it, or atleast I would hope not without screen shots or some proof.

I remember this being so with a couple issues not to long ago, i.e the Warder drops and the Intent of the Resolute engine threads, one was proven right from proof and the other proven wrong by screen shots. Just a suggestion. ;)