Player shop

Felona

I really enjoy playing EnB here but there is one thing i really miss here:

A Player Shop!

I know we can trade on the market channel but if someone could build a Thingy and there is no buyer available he had to trash it or sell it to a npc. Same thing if a buyer wants to buy something and there is no seller.

I think it won't be so dramatical to use the NTA Mode to do this when want to sell a item

Buyers could look on homepage to buy something and will find the item at a seperate "storage" to give it to a special character and this character will find the item ingame in the inventory.

Greetings

Felona

There is wandering NPC in Venus sector (not station, a big ship wandering through navs), where only player-made items are sold... Players can sell their goods there with good quality and others can buy from there... 

Not exactly what you want but does the very same job, just you can not ask for price you like... 

Edited by SiSL

Far as I'm aware the item ship is turned off atm, and there will never be player shops

If this does change in the future disregard my no player shop comment

So, basically the NTA system does the transfer mechanics already. To leverage the email/NTA system, we would need the ability to mail items to "<playername> Shop" and have the purchasing player accepting it as a COD email, and a website UI to show the open Shops and the items in them.

Looking at what's been done already, I think most of the pieces are there. You can see items in Inventory or Vault, you can email items to the NTA system with right-click, and I would think you could repurpose those elements to let players see and accept the email of an item to them the same way. How to select the character to receive is an issue though, since the player will be on a main char login.

Nice idea Felona!

The NTA system already allows you to charge for any item you mail to another player.  Even one of your alts.  (it's an effective way to move money between alts that doesn't require dual-boxing)  When you mail said item, there's a spot for what you wish to charge for the item.  The receiver can accept or reject said item. 

What could be done, via the EnB Forums, would be a Buy/Sell section where you mention the item you want and the alt you wish it sent to.  Give a price you're willing to pay, or not.  If a player sees your request, and has the item, they can use the mail system to get it to you, and charge you the amount of credits you say you're willing to pay, or that he's willing to charge.  The same can be done for items a player has that he wishes to sell.

You have the option to accept or reject any item sold to you, though items not claimed after 10 days are returned to sender.

The quartermaster works great....he just needs to be moved to saturn. 

I really would not like to see a market generated outside of the game.  Blizzard has done that with both WoW and Diablo 3 and it really just pushed prices up rather than enriching the game economy.  Course some of that was due to gold farming but I am sure that setting up any sort of 'market' or 'shop' would create more issues than it solves.  Keep it simple. ^_^

• 1 year later...