Bogeril Scrap Dealer (server event idea)

dgvol

Hi Guys, saw some ideas on a turn in for Bogeril faction and thought I could expand on it.

Bogeril Scrap Dealer aka Leeroy Junkbins (credit to Stanig)

Basic Idea is Leeroy has come out of hiding and is turning Othman into the galaxys biggest scrap yard and is after all your scrap!

Leeroy will have a hidden list of items (hulk junk, refined copper etc) - he will take from your ship’s cargo when you speak to him and in return increase your Bogeril faction a small amount.

Over time Othman starts filling up – hopefully the graphic
for Othman can be updated to reflect this and at certain progression points of
hand-ins things starts happening (expecting progressions to update
during patch – progression based on amount of stuff handed in so unless the
point in reached no update until it has)

Progression point ideas:

Space gulls start turning up to feed on scrap

Salvagers / Scavengers / Looters start arriving as well to
sort through the junk.. Occasionally they may find something ‘useful’ ->
build up over time, more scrap – bigger mobs – better ‘finds’

Uh-oh (lasts 1 week)

Leeroy goes into hiding as his creation literally takes on a life of its own..
ECS Deutschland has been monitoring events and has a task for you!

-large mission junk mob - you might need some buddies to help you

-mission is once per char per event cycle

- upon killing you get crystalized junk in your cargo - non destroyable, non storable, non trade

- sensors detect immense power coming from the object - perhaps someone can find out what's inside?

Earthcorp cleanup (lasts 1 week)

Earthcorp with the aid of infinity corp for a massive clean-up operation of
Othman.. Lots of EC / IC faction haulers of all levels carting the junk and
maybe not so junk off to an appropriate disposal location. (One man’s junk in
this case would really mean another person’s treasure)

Rinse and Repeat

crystalized junk - starts a mission chain somewhere else. thinking eventual reward is a random aa - any level. - long risky mission to benefit reward might even require a visit to another galaxy :)

Feel free to post thoughts / additional ideas

Edited by dgvol
  • Upvote 1

Take an idea and run with it and this is what comes back lolol.  Some of this may be out of scope or beyond what we can do at this time, but I am still working on this piece of content, designing up and so on, before i sit down and grunt out the actual work for it.  Mostly its figuring out the math and numbers for turn ins and what not.  I dont want it to be so low no one sees the point, but I dont want it so high that it becomes a game breaking exploitable system either.  I have to think long term, so i am being slow and a perfectionist about the math involved.

Soon(tm)

• Upvote 1

I think an event like that would be nice.
Item rewards for this event could also be set up in the same style as the Mars Construction Project or balm runs from Old Live, to remove the need to rely on chance for those of us that doesn't like gambling.

I been thinking about the math of turn ins also Stanig.

The problem:

Right now you get, depending on your negotiate..approx. 233 credits ea. per debris. Thats actually more per than other L1 "stuff" turnin from a vendor, and certainly more than a L1-5 mob kill (those that pay credits for a kill aka chavez, drones etc.). Since low level hulks usually have 1-10 debris in them and higher hulks ever increasing amounts..L8 hulk has usually around 40ish. Thats in credits approx 2300ish credits for a single pull for low lvl hulk. Thats huge for a low level player and Exp/Txp included. For a L8 hulk 9230ish credits isn't so segnificant, but since the stack goes to 300 and it only takes one slot, many miners are willing to carry that slot for the 70kish they are going to get. It takes a full mining session for a low level miner to get a full stack of debris, and that 70k is a good reward for their time investment, its a balancer for what a warrior can get in loot in the same time investment, not so much at upper miner levels but for noobs.

Now for a low level player to give up that Txp and credits, thats huge, they would be forgoing whats to be their reward for the time sink a warrior gets right away. Simply giving xp/rep for debris turn is overly painful for lowbies. Upper tier players have debris coming out their ears, and most either space it, pass it, or click vendor it. If you give only rep only upper players will be using it as a trade in, and if too much rep is given they will cause a inbalance and artificial market from lowbies getting well over the 70k a stack. I think if you are going to do this thing you are going to have to be wedded to the rep/xp/credit trifecta to stop blackmarket and exploits.

I think you are going to have to go like the RD tiles: rep 1 to 1 per lvl, so even a stack is going to budge rep only 300. For a lowbie, that same time sink is what they would get from a mission of the same time frame, thats not going to tip them bad, for a high level player that can get 300 in a relative short time, 300 would be but a fraction of what they would get in a mission, so they would need to get multiple stacks to even out to a missions reward, so that too, evens out in rep. for time spent.

The other stuff that drops like the L2 solar debris etc. have a much lower occurance, so a 1 for 1 rep (1 x L2 = 2 rep) also isn't going to be a major game changer. So too with the L6 version, in fact I would actually lower the L1 drop rate by 10- 20% and increase the other Lvl stuff across the board by 10 -20%, I think that would be more appropriate and would bring that near in line with tile occurance.

So what would be "appropriate" on xp/credits? I think that 70k stack has always been a tad high for a lowbie to get, but when stacked against what lowbie loot gets dropped from combat, it is in the bell curve of Txp/credits for low stuff, to lower the credits by much would require other combat loot drops to need a tweek to lower level effort/reward to be fair. Thats going to be a nightmare to do, and realy do you want to? The bell curve is there to excellerate leveling at low levels for a reason.

So my thought on the subject is you do need to lower the credit rewards a tad...say 20 -30% for the rep vendor? That won't hurt the lowbie over much for credits, and not generate a artificial/blackmarket from higher levels, if the rep isn't overblown. The lowbie needs credit real bad they can forgo the trade in and get the extra 20- 30% from regular vendor, willing to take the hit of 20-30% they get some rep for their troubles. If they really needed the credits I'm betting there are upper levels willing to make up that 30% hit, maybe even a little more to get the rep, but not in the millions of credits like suits go for.

So that leaves the xp...1 for 1 isn't really a incentive for a lowbie and most certainly for anyone over L10 :). How about a 5:1 ration? Thats 1500 for a full stack of debris, about what a lowbie would get for a mission. For them to get a stack, thats much more effort than a mission by far, if they are passively gathering debris however, thats like iceing on the cake and makes that 20-30% hit on credits less onerous. For a higher level to get 1500 Txp is negligable, thats 3 trade slots on a trade run, but then thats fairly easy for them to get while mining as well, so thats the same icing the lowbie is getting, a little more to sweeten the pot and make the stuff "useable" and less cherrypicked over, then the cherrypick whiners can stop their grief if someone passes over the stuff, they can get it and shut up.

So to sum up:

Make it 1 for 1 per level for rep i.e. (1x L1=1 rep, 1xL2=2 rep, 1x L6 =6 rep etc.)

Make it 20% less credits per stack from this new vendor 50kish stack L1 etc,

Make it 5:1 ration for Txp per item per lvl i.e. (300x L1 = 1500 Txp, 300x L2= 3k Txp, 300x L6= 9k xp) (maybe it needs to start getting a exponential amount more past L3 since 300x L6=9k seems a bit light on Txp, thats in line with the RD tiles)

Side note:

Story line. I would add in somewere for the storyline thats fitting this: that them giving up the extra credits is becuase he needs to make a living also, that he isn't a charity and needs his profit margin as well. Sort of like if you have ever seen PawnStars, the appraiser says item X is worth 5 grand, the person selling it to the shop wants 5 grand, the shop owner says..."umm..no, not going to happen, i'm not a charity here, I got to make a living too, and it's me taking all the risks if it don't sell, and it's taking up my shelf space until I do sell it." Maybe have the storyline offer only 1/2 the debris value in the talk tree and them "haggle" in the tree with rep/xp/ credits the ultimate result of the "haggle".

anyways..all this text...my 4 cents. :)