Any chance Terrant Trader group skill can get implemented?

jrichards

I know I bugged this a long time ago in ST4 but when I brought it up again in New Player's the other day I was told that I was wrong so i looked at it again:  In Live being grouped with a TT gave an increase to the amount of credits that you could sell items for.  This generated a slight boost in xp (more profit = more xp) but the big bonus was really credits.  However I see zero price difference having my TT grouped with my other toons.  In some cases the amount of credits is actually lower with the TT grouped (haven't figured this out yet but has something to do with TT having a lower negotiate skill than another toon in the group.  Leaving and rejoining the group fixes the credit discrepancy being lower than without being grouped with a TT but does not give any bonus).

Note:  The % of credit increase had nothing to do with the TT's negotiate skill level.  it was simply a base % increase for other players.  With TT's max negotiate it was still better to have the TT sell all loot but their skill was great when that wasn't an option.

Edited by Crichton

yeah also noticed this the other day... had 2 tt's in group and it was same sell/buy as ungrouped.

it has worked in live in the past.. I was doing somer-prasad. 3 tt's in group (one at each station) and was getting more XP than ungrouped.

However I see zero price difference having my TT grouped with my other toons.

Negative, just checked it.
Went with a PS to a vendor, offered a NOS: 387,016

Grouped with a Negotiate L7 TT, offered NOS again with the PS: 406,366

Both toons were on the same station when trying it.

Also note that this is only valid for selling items (per description).

Negative, just checked it.
Went with a PS to a vendor, offered a NOS: 387,016

Grouped with a Negotiate L7 TT, offered NOS again with the PS: 406,366

Both toons were on the same station when trying it.

Also note that this is only valid for selling items (per description).

Zack, one test, can you test if it is really sell at that price?

For instance my TT gets different prices on selling items than mouse-over price... Ofcourse it may be negotiate effect, but thought negotiate skill is included in prices while mouse-over item  (At least on info text after sale)

Edited by SiSL

You right, i even got MORE: 507,957 when selling it ....

You want me to fix that, Crichton?  devil.gif

So i'm in a bad situation now - "sacreficing" Crichton or not....since this would be the second "fix" from Crichton making much new friends (Beam range was the other)  :lol:  :lol:

I remember you said once you were done with the game and leaving, Crichton - now you pay the bill for not standing strong  :P 

Guess i will go the way and fix the hover info matching the selling price.... 

You right, i even got MORE: 507,957 when selling it ....

Guess i will go the way and fix the hover info matching the selling price.... 

Yes, that what confuses most... Mouseover prices does not take negotiate into account I think, nor the group buff... You can not tell real sales price now unless you sell it for real... While items that vendors sell seems correct on negotiate effects. 

Edited by SiSL

Im currently digging that code, but from what i see it is the quality not taken into account (> 100%) when hovering. It is taken into account on the selling process tho.

Easy fix...

I have only looked at trade goods and vendor loot.  I still see zero difference with having TT in group.  I am wondering if maybe it is triggering based on max negotiate or at some level (ATM my TT is only level 89).  This skill should be entirely independent of negotiate for the TT or the players in the group.

EG: If its 5% then the 5% should be applied after the other player's negotiate is applied to the item being sold.

Here is an easy to test example that is easy to repro.

Selling Research crates (from Pluto) at Earth:

TT w/ L4 negotiate un-grouped: Mouse-over sell price = 2,269 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

TT w/ L4 negotiate grouped: Mouse-over sell price = 2,269 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

* This is correct.  The only bonus a TT should get over other players is their negotiate skill.

TE w /L5 negotiate un-grouped: Mouse-over sell price = 2,307 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

TE w /L5 negotiate grouped w/ TT: Mouse-over sell price = 2,307 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

* no change

JE un-grouped: Mouse-over sell price = 2,019 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

JE grouped w/ TT: Mouse-over sell price = 2,019 credits per item (sale price matches mouse-over)

*no change

Edited by Crichton

I used my TT alot for the group bonus of getting more when selling loot to a vender and selling trade run goods to the correct trade vender and I can say it only works for the other players in the group if the TT is on the same station. Once the TT un-docks the group bonus only sticks around for a few seconds (the icon will flash then disappear). Now if your a TT and you group you also get the Bonus and you dont need anyone else on the station because your the TT.

Now is this the way its  suppose to work? I have no idea.. I just know its the only way ive been able to get the bonus.

Hope this helps explain it alittle better.

TT gets zero bonus is correct. Rest of the group getting zero bonus is incorrect.  WT, are you able to repro my test and you actually see a difference for those trade goods?

Double TT is interesting and I may make a second one......once I actually see the TT group bonus working for any of the toons that group with it.

note: checked again today with gas/refined gas and zero difference in price when selling to vendors and having TT grouped/un-grouped.

Edited by Crichton

Was hoping this was getting resolved since it seemed like it was mentioned in the patch notes but no dice.

Is it possible this is only not working for multi-boxed TT's/groups?

Edited by Crichton

• 3 weeks later...

Well Zachman closed the bug on this but it definitely is not working properly.  My TT should not be selling items for the exact same price and xp that my equil level TS and TE, that are grouped with her, are selling at.  So either the TT bonus is being applied to all toons in the group, including the TT and the bonus is even applied when the buff is not active(TT has left station) and/or player has left the group, or there is something else very weird occurring.  Hopefully all the other group skills are not having this 'it kind of works' effect being applied.

Not sure there.  Here's how I think it would work, but I could be mistaken.   If you're solo and you sell something to a vendor you should get paid on the basis of the value of the item you're selling, with adjustments based on your negotiate skill (if applicable) and your standing with the owners of the base.  (assuming that faction adjustment to buy/sell prices has been implemented)

If you're grouped and at least one group member is a TT (including yourself) then you should get additional credits on top of that for sales to vendors (5% I think).   Whether or not the TT gets extra money, compared to other group members, should depend on the things mentioned earlier.  Level that Negotiate has been raised to on the TT relative to the other toons, and the TT's standing with the station owners relative to the other toons.  I would think that Negotiate skill would carry greater weight, than faction price adjustments, but I could be mistaken. 

I'm not sure if multiple TTs in the same group would increse the bonus or not.

There is a cap of +20% when you negotiate. 

L5 Negotiate +15% + sales bonus hits that cap. 

L7 Negotiate is +19% which pretty much makes the buff useless to the TT themselves..