Web Portal: Suggestions

SiSL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to see that no one is taking care here for weeks/month - so i did:

Added, live with next publish:
On the items db can we get another filter option:  Purchasable: yes / no

Fixed, already live:
When you click on toon names with IE10, despite all HTML5 support, something is wrong with javascript. Does not display anything (main screen disappears but no character screen comes). Same goes for IE9/IE8

Added:
On the Inventory CSV export can we please have a stack quantity column

Added:
CSV Export for All build list
Total list, no category ordering

Player Contribution

It would be lovely if we can actually contribute to database as players, different from given info. "Players" to add notes to items (such as drop locations or any other info in a thread fashion followed by senders forum ID. It would be just player info, nobody asking development team to reveal any info but players to share. (I think Shaddex suggested this himself on a thread as far as I remember)

http://www.net-7.org/wiki

Players can log in with their Forum details.

For the "Test Ship" app on the character screen.

iirc I use to be able to test the effects of a device in one of my Slots that was restricted to my race/class. This has since been corrected, and thats fine it should be that way.

But now I am still looking for the effects that a group member would have on my systems.

Sooo, Please consider haveing a "Group Buff/Debuff" effects added to the "Test Ship".

The buffs and Debuffs could be then added to my ships stats.

Image of suggestion:

[attachment=2604:Phor Group Buffs.JPG]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Test Ship Editor needs fixing or something per the updated device images. Try equipping a chim in there to see what I mean. It would also be nice to be able to apply buffs from other devices to add to your totals, and have a combat device setup installed with other activate buffs still applied.

Thanks!

-Overt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

As much as I do like the portal system, I do have a few suggestions:

1. Put in a link to the Net-7 Wiki.

2. Some items probably shouldn't need a full menu to reach:

- Forums: Shouldn't need to open a menu to visit. Make the root item the actual link on the menu.

- Can probably do something similar for the database (and future Wiki root items) in making "direct click" links as the first item on the menu. The whole idea is a simple usability tweak to save users some time in reaching their destinations on site.

- Menu links: Require direct clicking on the actual text letters to function. Perhap adust to click on the highlighted space as well. Shouldn't be more than a template change on the html side. This one is more of an annoyance than anything. I did this to the Static website forum's listed catagories easily enough. Just convert the whole space for the menu item mouseover as an href or onclick=, depending on what's called for in the code. Should be simple ehough.

Thanks! :)

• 5 months later...

Some of us have noticed the redesigned database item screens, glad to see you workign and improving things, great job.  The redesigned pages seem to be missing a "usable by" section, so you can no longer tell who can use the item.  If possible please add that back in, it was very useful.

For a second suggestion, I would love to see the "usable by" filter added to the "effects" tab in the database.  For example earlier today, i was looking for items to boost projectile range on my PW, prior to the last update, I needed to click on each item and check who it's usable by, that doesn't work anymore, but even when it did, it wasnt' very efficient.

• Upvote 1

The redesigned pages seem to be missing a "usable by" section, so you can no longer tell who can use the item.

If item has restriction, then it shows under 'More information'.

For a second suggestion, I would love to see the "usable by" filter added to the "effects" tab in the database.

I'll check it. It's added.

Nice job on the changes and quick turnaround.  I can see the "Race" and "Profession" filters have been added.  Would it be possible to also add the "usable by" filter?  The "Race/Profession" filters enable me to show items that are either only usable by or restricted by specific race or profession.  For example if I'm trying to list all items that will boost a Terran Trader's Missile Range, the Race and Profession filters don't work for that.

The "Race/Profession" filters enable me to show items that are either only usable by or restricted by specific race or profession.  For example if I'm trying to list all items that will boost a Terran Trader's Missile Range, the Race and Profession filters don't work for that.

Are race/prof filters useless or is there reason to keep them? If usable by filter is used, then race/prof does not do anything.

I added same filters to buff search as there is for item search.

I personally never use the race and profession filters.
I do use the usable by filters though.
Maybe some others use them, but if I search for something, it's usually for a particular toon.