Web Portal: Suggestions

SiSL

Luckily this has not happened to me yet, but I keep on seeing players that write in General or other channel that they can not log in their characters as they are already logged into the game.

Is it possible to add a function to the portal where you can log yourself out of the game if such thing would happen?

PS. I also have teh same problem as Stanig, can't see patch notes in Firefox.

Hey Shaddex, any idea why patch notes on the portal arent showing when I click the tab using Firefox?

It shows a blank page to me (the patch notes appear for about 1 second and vanish)

It might be similiar issue why second builders tab didnt show before... 

PS: Added Live next Publish topics...

Edited by SiSL

Is it possible to add a function to the portal where you can log yourself out of the game if such thing would happen?

This should be not needed anymore since yesterday's patch includes a check function, kicking so called "link dead" players after one (or was it two) minutes.

Just a couple, will add if I think of more nice-to-haves.

Character planner:

Being able to save your character plans somehow, locally or just via a link would be awesome. 

Account Vault:

When completing a transfer, it would be very user friendly if the form could remember the last "from" and "to" fields and reload the "from" characters inventory vault automatically without having to select from the drop-down again.

Edited by soda

This should be not needed anymore since yesterday's patch includes a check function, kicking so called "link dead" players after one (or was it two) minutes.

Not sure about that Zack, tonight, my connection was a bit unstable... my modem rebooted, meanwhile I rebooted my computer, did Windows updates, came back (which are more than 2 minutes definitely) and my two toons got stuck and thanks to Blacklung kicked them... Client was simply crashing after selecting character and map screen... 

ts possible add to web portal option to show inventories (under char and while transfering between chars) in alphabetic mode without pictures?

Something like exported list.

It will be better for searching..

It's possible add option to export list of learned recipes?

Thnx

• 2 weeks later...

Possible DANGER in Email items from portal:

I would recommend greatly Email'ing item to your toons should not send "real email" reminding of item... This can cause Net-7.org mail server as "SPAM" on most mail servers... For instance I send like 20 items at once sometimes, 20 emails in a few minutes is excessive to most mail servers.

I'm not telling it should not send email but it really should not send "real email" IF items you send is one of your own toons...

I wonder if it is possible on DB, Effect search to have same filters like "Usable by..." , or "Equipment Type" 

Basically Effect Search to be same as Item Search just instead of name field, pull down from effects?

Edited by SiSL

Spam is only considered if you send the mail to DIFFERENT receivers (so called bulk mail).

A mail server identyfying multiple mails to the SAME receiver as spam, are configured wrong/bad (since this would be a so called "mail bomb" and has extra rules...).

Game Info - Game Statistics - Guild Stats

Guilds and Member count have been truncated on top and bottom as it appears the pixel size has been set to small to handle the graphics. Resizing doesn't appear to help. Using Chrome browser.

Suggestion: a player market web page. Ever played EVE and used the market window? That is what i envision. A nominal fee (200 credits? 100? Plus a 1-3% tax on the final sale value (paid by both buyer and seller) would be a nice credit sink.

The idea being that crafters could just make stuff and miners could simply list their wares and a game economy could happen. I suspect most of the code for moving the items is already there. There are a few things to flesh out (do items have to be in the vault, can they be moved once listed, should they go to a hidden 'vault' for on-sale items to prevent duping? Etc)

But I think this solves the biggest problem e&b had in terms of economy: it was a PITA to sell anything. It took forever and wasn't fun. Maybe I am just too much of a fanboy of the eve market system. /shrug

Game Info - Game Statistics - Guild Stats

Guilds and Member count have been truncated on top and bottom as it appears the pixel size has been set to small to handle the graphics. Resizing doesn't appear to help. Using Chrome browser.

Fixed, live with next Portal push.

You are efficient Zackman, that's for sure.  :lol:

Now if only we could remove the max scan 30k cap on JD's, and give Jens the ability to engage follow from farther than only 5k. Bug or not, it was nice at 7k+; I could Psi and cloak before I got in range, and certainly not a game breaker. 

The mail thing, tried the mail (not item send) the other day for first time. It is rudimentary at best. if you send a portal mail to someone they never get it unless they actually click on the characters name and do a mail search. how many actually is anything more than DB or account vault or flow through to the forum? Nobody clicks on their toons info page, unless they do they will never know they have mail for that toon.

So for someone to look up on the DB and get a builder, then try and contact them, unless the builder knows someone sent them mail they aren't clicking the toon mail.

I there was some way to notify them that one of their toons had a mail so that they could actually go click toon info page and retrieve it, or actually some way to consolidate it to the account and notify them, then it is actually a near useless service. I seriously doubt there is a way to deliver it to client or even send a notice via the "message" key in game, since that seems to be a client alter. But could there be a way to use a linked account check and send a mail notice to the main forum account? Even if you can't consolidate it to the forum....can it at least give of "you got mail on toon X"?

About the follow thing Algaron says...I know its a client mod and a nono....but in EVE that was one of the true joys of combat that I loved, the variable follow range scale. You could have a preset range for your ship, and with a little tweaking alter it on the fly, that way you could attempt to stay in optimal range for weapon type, or a flight n flee range etc. Many would be in sure heaven if the follow range was alterable :)

Edited by Mattsacre

As Matt wrote, main page can be utilized more useful for people who are "logged in"

by main page I'm telling about that screen:

752910628.png

Like if player logged in and have items to claim, it can be in that middle large area... saying

<toon name> has <x> item to claim sent from <other toon> free (or <z> price) 

Or 

<toon name> has <y> mail from <not-your-character>

Etc..

Basically mails and items sent from characters other than your own toons...

Other than effect search on DB to be same as normal search with all filters, just effect picks etc.

if you send a portal mail to someone they never get it unless they actually click on the characters name and do a mail search.

Hmmm... kratz.gif

[attachment=2482:mails.jpg]

That something new you put in? I sent a mail to another of my toons to test it and it didn't show that...does it have to be from another account maybe or perhaps it was a refresh thing.

Even with that, a good percentage of people never access the home page *shrug* that's them. Even more don't use the forums (that's well known). So if people are trying to use the home page and builder list to aquire a build, it don't do them squat if the builder in question isn't one to check home/forum pages....it's the nature of things.

Other than that "message" thing I don't see a way around that, it is what it is.

Just like I keep 2 e-mail accounts, one is for family and secure business, the other is for everything else, I only access that 1 time a month (if that), and mostly it's so full of spam crap that I toss almost all of it. That's sort of the nature of the home page mail, if they never go through there they aren't getting it, it's basicly spam.

No, thats in since ever.

Make sure you have Java Script fully enabled/allowed for the portal as there is many AJAX stuff. The mail "ping" is on an interval (dunno the exact minutes w/o looking it up tho).

This is a spin-off of this thread: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8859-items-that-does-not-drop-missing-broken-lines/
I think it would be nice if the drop info on net-7 portal were extended a bit.
Today it just shows "This item does drop" or "This item does not drop".
If you hover over the "(hover for info)" it reads: "Only drops in public accessable sectors are taken into account. Items dropping from activatable raids (eg. Fishbowl) are not reflected here.
My suggestion is to list the type of location it drops in, for instance:
"This item drops in a public area" (Same as todays "This item does drop")
"This item drops in a private area" (New description for drops from activatable raids)
"This item drops in a closed area" (New description for drops from closed (future content) areas)
"This item does not drop" (Same as today - the two options above)

I would also like hulk drops included. I assume they are not taken into account today when calculating drops since the prototype stuff shows as "This item does not drop".
I know you're not big fans of giving away drop information, but if hulk drops are included perhaps showing if it's a mob and/or hulk drop could also be considered.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to suggest that on the Guilds - My Guilds - Guild Members that the Last Seen field be sortable as well perhaps refine the times for  Last seen as Yesterday is anywhere from yesterday to last week, and A Month Ago could be anywhere up to a year ago. 

Thanks.

Mailing interface:

- It would be really nice if there is a pull down menu of our own character names to fill "receiver name" on change...  (Currently we need to search our character names every time from all others, selecting between similiar names, instead, an optional pull down menu similiar to vault selection, that automatically fills correct ID and name into the receipient section, would be really useful if you are someone emailing stuff between your characters.

- After each mailing ajax with math.random to refresh "inventory" would be nice also... 

Edited by SiSL

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this has been mentioned earlier, but can you add a new filter on the database to see if an item is buyable from a vendor or not.

This way it is easier to check the ones you can or can't buy.

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed a problem with the character skill planner which affects the JE and the PS. It's the footer at the bottom of the page "2005 Net-7 Entertainment" etc. With the JE and PS that footer overlaps on top of the Shield Tech skill and I can't add point to it. When I try and click on the arrows to add points it just highlights the text in the footer. You either need to make the page longer or make the planner smaller, or add a scroll bar or something. If you could have a look at it anyway. Cheers!