Manu with comps in vault.

Pritcher

Anyone else remember that it was possible to build at manu term with comps in your vault?

Is there any chance it could be changed so that when you want to build, it also checks if

the comps needed is in your cargo or your vault?

It's been a long time but i do think it was like that in EA live. :)

You couldn't build from vault (and if you could, it would cause all kinds of problems, like how would you keep 200% comps seperated from 100% etc.). But it did let you build too vault, you had the desired comps in cargo hold, and when you exceeded hold space, what you were building spilled into vault, this was real handy when doing a mass ammo build.

like how would you keep 200% comps seperated from 100% etc..

They don't stack, takes whatever comes first (same as cargo)

And I very much like that idea... Since vault & manufacturing terminals are only accesable from stations only in-game, that would be nice feature...

I agree with Matt.  I don't want the build to pick up the 200% comp if a vendor comp can yield the same result, or the other way around, I want it to use the 200% comp in order to get 200% product, but the term picks up the wrong comp, and yield inferior product.  My customers would not be pleased (What happened to my 200% I just traded to you for the build, you cheater!!!!)

Edited by VincentTH

I agree with Matt.  I don't want the build to pick up the 200% comp if a vendor comp can yield the same result, or the other way around, I want it to use the 200% comp in order to get 200% product, but the term picks up the wrong comp, and yield inferior product.  My customers would not be pleased (What happened to my 200% I just traded to you for the build, you cheater!!!!)

Which component will be taken to manufacture terminal is entirely depending on where in your inventory it currently is located... It just does not take it random or make 200% as priority.

If  you have 100% & 200% components in your cargo and if 100% is coming on your first rows/columns, it will take first 100% rather than 200% on later rows/columns...

This is ENTIRELY UP TO user... Put good stuff to front rows and you should be fine... 

Taking stuff from vault would be also follow that pattern... Manufacture station would first check cargo if component exists -> takes first rows/column it exists -> If not check vault and take firsts find there ...

I don't really know how hard is to place a better quality item in your cargo's first rows if you want it that bad... 

• Upvote 1

The point being, building from vault increases chances of "accidental usage of wrong quality of component", yes it takes whats in the first row of the vault if you did that, but what if you accidentally hot sort before you built, or misplaced the stack, or you had some 200 and some 100 and you put them in the wrong row...maybe you didnt know you had that lone 100 stack in there and built inferior from it instead of customers 200% etc etc.

Or on the other hand...what if you was saving that rare loot comp in your vault for someone else to learn recipe, you know how to build 200% comp X and start building for someone and after hitting the build key for the 240th time you slip up and hit it 241 times..what happens if you build from vault? You just used that rare loot comp you was saving.

Simply put, as in live there is no reason you shouldn't built TO vault, that don't cause problems (unless your customer disappears and you can't empty your vault :)).But to build FROM vault introduces a whole slew of potential headaches we don't need. Put what you want to build with in hold and build, if you are to lazy to do that, then you shouldn't be building :)

• Downvote 1

The point being, building from vault increases chances of "accidental usage of wrong quality of component", yes it takes whats in the first row of the vault if you did that, but what if you accidentally hot sort before you built, or misplaced the stack, or you had some 200 and some 100 and you put them in the wrong row...maybe you didnt know you had that lone 100 stack in there and built inferior from it instead of customers 200% etc etc.

Or on the other hand...what if you was saving that rare loot comp in your vault for someone else to learn recipe, you know how to build 200% comp X and start building for someone and after hitting the build key for the 240th time you slip up and hit it 241 times..what happens if you build from vault? You just used that rare loot comp you was saving.

Simply put, as in live there is no reason you shouldn't built TO vault, that don't cause problems (unless your customer disappears and you can't empty your vault :)).But to build FROM vault introduces a whole slew of potential headaches we don't need. Put what you want to build with in hold and build, if you are to lazy to do that, then you shouldn't be building :)

How hard would it be to move the 200% comps (like you do now) to your cargo, if you absolutely need the 200% comps?

What im saying is that it would be very handy to be able to build from vault (like i remember i did in live) when you build all those ammo stacks...Especially with the PW's small cargohold.. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How hard would it be to move the 200% comps (like you do now) to your cargo, if you absolutely need the 200% comps?

What im saying is that it would be very handy to be able to build from vault (like i remember i did in live) when you build all those ammo stacks...Especially with the PW's small cargohold.. :)

Indeed, my L9 ammo requiring 9 different type of ores each time moving them vault to cargo and back for 3 different components really much more tougher than placing 200% stuff to front row 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kk so lets figure this out, for you to have it convenient for you....we:

Alter the client (not allowed), alter the N7 account vaulting functions (they work good now, do NOT F' them up), have each and every other player have to learn a new way to protect themselfs from "flubbing" up when building, run the risk of mistakes being made and loot comps used (some are RARE drops), generate GMtickets/petitions over loss of items, I'm sure I've forgotten something but that seems enough for the point being made.

To make a few players happy they have to: Do 1 thing not allowed (alter client), one thing REALLY time consuming (alter N7 account functions), start a education campaign on changes (show peeps they need to now move not only hold materials around but the vault as well, that sort key has HUGE consequences), run the risk of GM's ire over increased workload.

If...big IF they wanted to go to all that trouble, I would, as always adapt the way I did it, I could reorganize vault etc. But got to say I find it not likely they will, they have other problems to work over and that number 1 cardinal rule? CAN'T ALTER the CLIENT! that would be in play over this....

Good Luck though. it's not a rotten Idea, just a unlikely one.

P.S. rep drop because you don't like my ideas.....lol sooooo petty :)

Edited by Mattsacre

Client has nothing to do with manufacture station or telling it where to take ingredients from....

Pretty much basic info server sends cargo ingredients only at this moment to manufacture station, that's all about it...

Yes, all the info about cargo, vault and equipped items i think is stored serverside.

If it was stored somewhere clientside, it would open up a potential risk of exploit and cheats.

Would be easy for someone with a little knowledge about programming to edit files

and give themselves all kinds of comps and equipment.

At least i think it's how it works... ;)

Sidenote:

And speaking of manu terms... you remember when a item in build list started to scroll?

That happened when you where guaranteed 200% builds on that item.. :)

It wasn't present in Live and the EMU devs can't change the client. 

I would recommend asking for a feature to be added to Net-7.org  like the ability to move items from one toon's vault to another toon's vault. Since they already allow you to see everything in your vault it might not be that difficult to add the functionality there.

note: I do not think that trade XP should be awarded for building outside of the game though.