Shortcut Key To Target Group Leaders target?

Kindschi

I posted this in response to another members post but did not get a response so I thought maybe is was overlooked and I really think its a good idea so im posting it as its own topic here.

Not sure how hard or if this is even possible but can you make a shortcut for this feature? The little crosshairs are small. We have a shortcut key to form when the leader has created a formation and that button is way bigger then the crosshairs button and its rarely used since most people dont break formation while fighting or use the "T" key to join/re-join formation, on the other hand when your fighting the group leader is constantly selecting a new target and while there is a shortcut for nearest mob (F8) sometimes the nearest to the leader is not the nearest to the person on the left or right of him so this is not a real effective way of knowing your both on the same target.  Would be nice to be able to hit an F# key or just any key on thats not already being used as a shortcut to target whatever the group leader has targeted.

Thanks.

-WT

Did you look at the icons on the right hand side when in formation, you know the 2 that look like targeting icons?

One reads

"target group members target"

The other reads

"ask this group member to aquire your target"

going by your post, they don't work? is that correct?

Did you look at the icons on the right hand side when in formation, you know the 2 that look like targeting icons?

One reads

"target group members target"

The other reads

"ask this group member to aquire your target"

going by your post, they don't work? is that correct?

They work but there small and it would just be so much nicer to have a shortcut key to press.

They work, but the icons are somewhat small for rapid clicking. A hotkey would be nicer, as keystrokes seem to have a better response in heavy lag than mouse clicks

If you call it working... It just sends a text for it...

They don't change target...

This is likely a client side mod and probably can't be done guys. Another option would be to use a macro app like Auto Hot Key, and bind a key to make a mouse click on that spot. You'll have to get the screen coordinates for the button using something like Info Grabber, but its not difficult to do. I use MacroGoblin myself, and bind keys to things I'd like the client to do for me that IMO it should be able to do.

So for this, think of it in steps:

1. Move mouse pointer to the screen coordinates you find in Info Grabber. (Might be able to omit if the editor you use can simply click on a part of the screen)

2. Full mouse click at the desired coordinates.

3. Return the cursor to the center of the screen. (For clearing any controls, as a safety maneuver.)

I hope this helps somewhat. :)

-Overt.

This is likely a client side mod and probably can't be done guys. Another option would be to use a macro app like Auto Hot Key, and bind a key to make a mouse click on that spot. You'll have to get the screen coordinates for the button using something like Info Grabber, but its not difficult to do. I use MacroGoblin myself, and bind keys to things I'd like the client to do for me that IMO it should be able to do.

1. Move mouse pointer to the screen coordinates you find in Info Grabber. (Might be able to omit if the editor you use can simply click on a part of the screen)

3. Return the cursor to the center of the screen. (For clearing any controls, as a safety maneuver.)

-Overt.

Have not thought of that but its a solid idea, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

-Overt.

If they add a slash-command for this, it should be possible to use one of the key maps for quick-messages.