Not a fan of Navigate Skill Cap Nurf!

Overtkill

From my point of view on my JE max level Navigate should give a 50% chance to warp thro a grav well - I can hit warp 15 or 20 times one after the other and dont move :( sadly not 50% chance

That skill is more like 10-15% atm. I can expect somewhere between 7-10 tries most of the time. Sometimes less but rarely.

Curious, should effective Navigate 8-10 increase your chances of warping in a gravity well, or decrease engage/cooldown  time for your warp engines?  I did notice that it does increase your warp speed.  Say have hitting the cap give you an 80% chance of warping successfully?

I thought skill lvls cap at what devices can push it at, for example lvl 7 skill lvl with 5.69 buff should be max.  This has been discussed before, leave lvl 10 cap alone and let the device or w/e buff push it past lvl 10 like it should.

Edited by Darkdronen

50% chance on anything is 50%, what happened before has no bearing on the next try. You can flip a coin 100 times and it's possible (nearly impossible though) to come up heads 100 times even with 50% odds.

Flip a coin and it's 49.9999999 to be heads and  49.9999999 to be tails and .0000001 to be on edge, neither heads nor tails.

If it is 50% chance you could have been real unlucky, or lucky..you can succeed the next 10 times in a row.

• Downvote 1

That skill is more like 10-15% atm. I can expect somewhere between 7-10 tries most of the time. Sometimes less but rarely.

What I have observed on my solo JE. I say solo, as it seems to be different when the leader of a group.

When first entering a Grav Well, success rate is about 10%. Once I have successfully warped while in that grav well, success rate of subsequent attempts is about 50%. I remember OL being a flat 50% no matter what.

Also a bug, when logging into the game inside of a grav well, success rate for me has always been 0%. I have to thrust out of the grav well or WH and re-enter for it to work.

Capping globally is like applying a global nurf. IF so, you are going about it the wrong way yet again. So I'll ask again, why was it capped? Why not make it something realistic like what a device or buff could theoretically place it, as it should be.

Slightly related,

I am seeing that Navigate is one of the top three skills being Called Forward by pilots who have the skill. Could they be merely re-distributing dots to reflect device buffs and putting that final dot's skill points somewhere else? Don't answer that. Of course they are.

"Are you keeping tally, Pakkrat?" Yes, I am. As pilots begin to find fault with various skills, they are beginning to adjust their skills away from nerf-prone skills. As a Net-7 Reporter, I'm going to watch trends and make my own conclusions about races/classes to play next.

From the Doctor's office at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

Sabine Sentinel 146
Pakkrat Industries - What can PI do for you?
Builders Inc.
Net-7 News
Doctor of Call Forward and still charging a sliding-scale pittance
Graduate of Agrippa Tech, where's my straightjacket? Edited by Pakkrat

Its not a nerf, jesus christ.  Its a fix of an overlooked bug.  All skills have always capped at level 10 (see heals @ 57600).

We werent about to leave one bugged and pushed past cap just because it was giving an unintentional benefit.

I mean what is this nonsense, do you actually want broken crap in the game?  I mean really?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't worry about the L10 cap on Navigate, as it was a bug that would eventually be fixed.  Be happy that we can warp faster than the 5000 that we could in EnB Origins.  Just make sure that you look for items with the buff Additive Turbo Warp.  The L7 Navigation Computer has that buff, as we already know.  In the future there will be Loony's Hunk O Metal which also has the buff in both equip & activate forms.  If emulator is like Origins on that one, it will be one of the rewards for doing Lyle McDonald's mission chain for Jenquai & Progen explorers only.  Maybe the devs will give us other items at some point in the future that we'll find desirable on this front.

The skill caps at 10 for all skills.  This is a good thing.

The 50% warp chance in grav wells being increased by navigate items is totally on the devs.  This buff didn't exist in Live so it's there call.

The 50% warp chance in grav wells is not 50% for the JE.  No clue if anyone ever even tried it on a TS since they have a 100% chance to avoid the grav well skill so doubtful.  In my basic testing the % is so much lower than 50% that i don't even use it anymore.  I simply strap my TS to my JE whenever I go near a grav well.  I seriously doubt any groups are brining a JE along in place of a TS when fighting in grav wells/grav shears.

1 extra note for the Devs on group warp.  In Live the group warp, for everything but speed, was linked to the group leader.  Free warping only drained the group lead's reactor.  Lazarus only needed to be equipped by the group leader (to get in and out of bad situations). When my JE led groups in Ardus the entire group had instant warp (with only lead equipped Laz), max scan. Requiring all members of a group to have a lazarus equipped only makes navigate an even less useful skill. At the moment their is really zero reason to ever have a JE be your group leader......but in Live there were sectors where this made fighting/surviving so much easier.

Edited by Crichton
  • Upvote 1