Duct Tape....can we make it like Live?

jrichards

So the mission to get Duct Tape requires a build device skill level of five for Garrett to talk to you.  That's cool.  however one of the key items, the rollerpress, is given to the player that takes the mission.  Now this works fine if the player is a TT building both components and Devices.  However there are a lot of device makers that are not TT's.  It would be nice to give both comp and device makers access to this mission, at level 5 build skill for device makers and level 1 build skill for component makers.

At the moment the only way a player can get the rollerpress, if they are not a Trader that makers both comps and devices, is to have another toon make Duct Tape and then rip it for the comp. This was not the case in Live.

• 1 month later...

After getting build device 5 I took my TT to see Garrett for the duct tape mission .  He will only talk to me about solar being the future...

Can a TT get the mission? And/or, is there a faction requirement?  My 3 Jenquai faction are rather low, between +250 and +1200.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

If Emu is like EnB Origins, Zach Garrett is a Bogeril (related to Zeke in Witberg).  If your Bogeril faction is bad, he might not be willing to give you missions.  I'm not certain he has the same alignment as he did in Origins, but that may be the issue.

I didn't have any trouble getting the mission on my TT and it's at whatever faction the TT starts with Bogeril. From what I have read I thought anyone with with device build 5 or higher can get the mission, just need a comp maker that has rollerpress recipe make it for you.

Actually as I remember it the original starting mission was from Zeke in Witberg and eventually led to players getting the L7 solar sail (listed here: http://www.alcyonecodesmith.com/enb/missions_l7_solarsail.shtml).  All classes could get the SS7 mission. I think that at the moment in the EMU only toons with build devices level 5 or higher can get the mission (having really checked though).

The current EMU mission is just a section of the the SS7 Live mission which didn't give any prints but required the player to analyze items that could only be obtained once per player. 

If you want your TT to make the rollerpress you will have to get another player to make you one, then make the L5 Duct Tape device, and then rip the duct tape and give the 100% rollerpress to your TT (if you recover the rollerpress).  I collected enough comps to make 3x Duct Tapes and ripped one to print the rollerpress.

Feel free to close this suggestion since it doesn't need to be changed until they add the SS7 mission.

Edited by Crichton

I'm trying to get my TT to be the comp maker that can make the roller press because my JE can't.

My Bogeril faction is TT starting faction, which is -3000.

Maybe a recent change???

I got my TT through it and she has -3000 bogeril faction same as you.

I could not start Zack Garrets duct tape mission till after EL 25, is that your issue too?

The SS7 mission in Live came about before the Zach mission.  If I recall correctly Zeke had more than one mission, but the mission for the SS7 didn't require you to build or analyze anything.  The PITA part was farming the EarthCorps Tigershark ships for a rare drop.  Was some type of Stranger Ship report.  The drop was fairly rare and you needed 5 of them.   There was another "report" drop the ships had that was more common, but Zeke wouldn't accept it.

The SS7 mission in Live came about before the Zach mission.  If I recall correctly Zeke had more than one mission, but the mission for the SS7 didn't require you to build or analyze anything.  The PITA part was farming the EarthCorps Tigershark ships for a rare drop.  Was some type of Stranger Ship report.  The drop was fairly rare and you needed 5 of them.   There was another "report" drop the ships had that was more common, but Zeke wouldn't accept it.

I believe all of the zeke missions are covered here: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/2822-zekes-epic-builderminer-missions/

Not really sure why this one mission was added though since this came in Live after the Vrix invasion but before the opening of Ardus and DT. There was definitely some nifty items that came from these mission lines and it was cool that this eventually led to the raid in Witberg (Zeke's Machine?) and the eventual opening of DT. I actually really liked doing these missions in Live. ^_^

Edited by Crichton

The reason for the duct tape mission is doing the Tado-o gate raid, building the fishmaster 2000, which to me is actually backwards, the fishmaster was added when they added the Fishbowl raid in original live which was after V'rix and Ardus I believe but before DT if I recall correctly.

Welcome to originating idea of Aggripa...

"If you are a high enough level player to run an L7 engine the only thing this mission will challenge is your patience and tolerance for head banging boredom. The developers really went way out of their way to make this mission tedious and time consuming. I suspect many higher level players have abandoned and forfeited the Zeke's Solar Sail Mission out of pure frustration over not wanting to waste yet more of their time. Given that there are other decent low sig L7 engines in the game such as the Sundari Trifid LGS 7 and Io C/7000, the Zeke's Solar Sail mission may not be worth your time and effort. However, if you are hell bent for leather to do the Zeke's Solar Sail mission, here are the mission details and a number of tips which will hopefully help you make a little shorter work of the ordeal. "

My TT is only EL 24.  Should be able to fix that right quick.  Thanks  :-)

Will post the results.

Edit:

Yes!  Explore level 25 is needed as well as Build Device 5.  Thanks for the help, guys.

Edited by GenghisBob