Mass Ammo Comp Production

Trapt

I would give my left big toe if there was a "mass produce" option when making ammo comps.  It is a huge time sink and a huge pain in the rear when you're one of 2 builders in a large guild that makes ammo comps.  The last thing I want to do is spend 5 hours a day making ammo comps.  I'd even give up the ability to gain exp from making them in mass production just for the ability to get them made in a timely manner.    I think miners would feel the same way if they had to push the button 600x when refining ore.  

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately due to the fact that modifying this functionality would be altering the client (the ore function was pre-existing before the emulator), it is not looking like we can make this change.  Sorry guys, it did sound like a very sensible idea.

Unfortunately due to the fact that modifying this functionality would be altering the client (the ore function was pre-existing before the emulator), it is not looking like we can make this change.  Sorry guys, it did sound like a very sensible idea.

Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything...

I wonder if there would be a work-around possible via the mail or account vaulting system? The account vault already shows which toons have the recipe when you click an item before you drag it to trade slot...it also shows which toons have it in the builder list on DB. Maybe a additional button under trade items button could be added..if the toon you are trading from had the recipe (via the builder check string) and you had the parts in your vault, you pull the parts from vault and drop in trade slot, hit the button and it trades the built ammo instead of the parts.

This of course couldn't be something with a quality check or nontradeable like agrippa stuff etc, so ammo or ores only.

If not account vault then maybe another option button on the mail item, it takes a,b,c comps and transfers completed item instead.

Just a thought.

While chatting earlier with one of early beta testers while doing his ammo, he seems to remember this ability on early stages for some reason and removed not to make it "easy" (this might be early beta of WW btw, or very early stages of emu)

He must be remembering it wrong then...

However there might be a work around...

In refine part, it calculates different possibilities with what ores you have... And shows you those...

"May be just may be"....  if you have enough ores + component mapped, there can be different fake compenent (like single component) shown as like "Brimstone Flux x2  x 10" and takes 10x of materials, costing credits of x10 and giving xp of x10...  Or may be XP like x8  of other xp conversions (like you hit 50/50/40 and 0.8x combat xp & explore xp turns into trade xp)

At least can craft it in 10's of stacks... In the end, number of "ammo components" is known and is entire different category...

Edited by SiSL

I could have sworn this was an option in the "retail" version of the game - I may be wrong, but I could remember being able to mass produce stacks of 10, one of the drawbacks was that you did not get exp for mass producing.  The reason being was a few people decided to power level their trade using the mass produce option.  

What they tried for about 1 week, and it failed hard core was like the transfer bar. Pull the amount from x to y location and press "shift" and the amount bar shows when transfering, they tried that in the terminals and all it caused were CTDs and over charges of credits and lost items etc etc.

There was discusion of possible quantity field input emplimentation,  but it was determined that the client wouldn't handle it, that it would take a major engine overhaul to do it...and that wasn't an option, just like the guild lounge/station requests.

They DID manage to increase the vault size, when it went live it had a much smaller vault...it stopped at where you now currently scroll down. They DID manage to increase stack sizes of a few things, but hit a hard code for some things like comp stacks, the string code for that capped at 254, so they made it a round numer of 240 and left it at that. They DID manage a work around on stack sizes on a few things by contorting things like the mineral compression device that JE/PS could get from the MCP content. That took the existing unrefined stack limit, and let you use the device and call a stack of refined @ 300, so really didn't have coding changed for that, just redefined refined stack size.

Is it possible to make a server slash command that changes the quantity built when you press the build button?

The same sort of thing would be amazing for PM ammo.  I feel like a dick if I have to get someone to make ammo for me.  If I pay them any substantial amount, I'll go bankrupt, and it sucks for the other person if I'm paying 2 or 3 times the build cost because ammo can't be made to cost a lot more than it already does.

I'm not certain how the ammo thing would work.  Increasing the stack size to five or ten times what it currently is would have been my first thought, but if that requires messing with the client then obviously it won't work.

What about creating an npc that trades ore for ammo comps? A quick mini mission that says "bring me x amount of ore ill give you x amount of comps?" Put an appropriate fee and what not, but make it easy on the comp builders.

What about creating an npc that trades ore for ammo comps? A quick mini mission that says "bring me x amount of ore ill give you x amount of comps?" Put an appropriate fee and what not, but make it easy on the comp builders.

Small problem with that, not a shoot down though. Some ammo comps are used in other things, not just ammo. Those comps being @200% would be real desirous when building to buff the terminal odds....npc for ores would be @ 100%, that could be a problem.

Just a thought here.  And maybe you already thought of it.  Not sure if this would still fall under the "can't modify the client" rule, so how about this...

The manufacturing interface is open.  We select the item to make, and then press the Manufacture button.  This gets relayed to the server, which then determines how many of the item can be made.  If more than one, send a query back to the client to open a popup window asking how many.  The choices could be a range from 1 to the maximum we can make (allowing for components and available space), or cancel.  Default set to 1.  We select and the choice is sent back to the server which then processes it accordingly.

To me, since I am unfamiliar with the code, it would appear doable by adding additional files to the client folder (not modifying any of the existing EA files) that contains the data for the popups.  Would probably need to add hooks to process the additional commands.  If the current client doesn't support this it could be done by sending the commands to a pre-processor of sorts which determines if the command is an original command (send to original client) or an extension (send to additional files).

In my opinion, since the existing EA files are not being modified this is not modifying the client.  But again, I'm not sure if adding files to the client is also considered modifying the client.

If allowed, this process could be extended and used to add other functionality/extensions.  Just need to examine what information is being sent/received to avoid anyone attempting to exploit it.

Anyway, just a thought...

Small problem with that, not a shoot down though. Some ammo comps are used in other things, not just ammo. Those comps being @200% would be real desirous when building to buff the terminal odds....npc for ores would be @ 100%, that could be a problem.

As long as the end result is the ability to make "superior" ammo, it won't matter the percent of the comps/ore. As soon as the ammo itself is made, it would be superior.

As long as the end result is the ability to make "superior" ammo, it won't matter the percent of the comps/ore. As soon as the ammo itself is made, it would be superior.

My point was "ammo" comps aren't exclusively "ammo" comps, some of what is considered only for ammo is in some rare recipes also for things other than ammo. For building ammo as you say, as long as it's superior output ammo it makes no difference, but in the case of that comp used in a non-ammo build, you want it @200% to boost the superior chances of the item you are building. Those times you would need to have comp at 200% and the vendor build trade idea wouldn't work in that instance, but would have to be self built.

My point was "ammo" comps aren't exclusively "ammo" comps, some of what is considered only for ammo is in some rare recipes also for things other than ammo. For building ammo as you say, as long as it's superior output ammo it makes no difference, but in the case of that comp used in a non-ammo build, you want it @200% to boost the superior chances of the item you are building. Those times you would need to have comp at 200% and the vendor build trade idea wouldn't work in that instance, but would have to be self built.

Ammo components are exclusively ammo components.

That's why they are WAY cheaper than rest of equivalent Level... Or noone would make stack of ammo price of a L9 Shield or Weapon. 

Ammo components are exclusively ammo components.

That's why they are WAY cheaper than rest of equivalent Level... Or noone would make stack of ammo price of a L9 Shield or Weapon. 

I'm drawing a blank right at the moment as to the name of the actual comp, but I distinctly remember that there were what was considered "ammo comps" in recipe builds. At least in a mission driven one....there are rare drop items that take like 4-6 comps to build...I remember some of them had a ammo comp in them. They may have been STx before now, and have been shook out of the recipe list now...but they were in those 4+ comp recipes before.

I could see the / command having the chance to cause some significant problems and be almost as tedious as simply using a program like auto-clicker . I would recommend adding this as something to be handed via Net7.org (like item transfers).  The benefit here is that you could make and move the ammo in one session as long as there was a refresh button/action.

I would submit that creating ammo outside of the game should not give trade xp.  If the Devs really wanted to implement a credit sink they could charge an additional % of the build cost for using the system since this would obviously be a DigiApogee technology. Everyone knows how they must be paid. ;)

note: for Devs make sure to check cargo space or a lot of ammo will go into that 'hidden place' a la 'the dunwich horror' which is just scary.

Edited by Crichton

I'm drawing a blank right at the moment as to the name of the actual comp, but I distinctly remember that there were what was considered "ammo comps" in recipe builds.

Quark Ranger XT L7 goes in 5 ammo types and 7 launcher builds, fyi