Fixed ?

Fixed ?

Fixed: Exploit for multi boxers making (heh heh, taking)
         advantage of the new group gate function
         (explore XP by mass touring temp alts).
         Multi boxers are only allowed to group gate with one toon from the same IP

I, like multi others, multi boxed in live.
I, like multi others, multi boxed in multi games.
I, like multi others, multi switch, to gate multi toons.
I, like multi others, rejoyced when these ,(ah hum) DEVs, Stumbled onto the group gate concept.
I, like multi others, know where the explore exploits are :
    If, I or multi others wanted to play that way.
I, like multi others, don't have fun by Exploiting slap stick programming logic.
I, like multi others, hope that group gating does not go the way Build Quality went.
    And I, like multi others, know who was behind that !!!
I, like multi others, would never have dreamed that the idea of group gating could be nerfed.
But then again, look around !

Fixed, Fixed, Fixed ???

Go fix the shield recharge aggro.
Go out to Cygni, pop a rock, defend against the mob, and run up XP debt from the CL 63 infinit corp, which you have great faction with, on all toons present.

UT OH, I hear a drone over head.

OK, your turn...

• Downvote 2

There always has to be some chucklehead that has to push the limits and ruin it for others don't there?

The old maxum still holds true: if it can be done, it will be done, some jackass will always do so.

I didn't even get to multigate yet :) since Ive been leveling low level vault toons to L30 for a week...and now I can't bummer.

Is there anyway to maybe track exploiters rather that "fix" it?

If you were one of those turds doing that exploit, (you know who you are) you are less than pond scum, we finally got a cool utility outside Old Live (tm) limits, and you got to go and ruin it for everyone...jerk.

• Upvote 1

Oh quit your griping.  The only thing that was changed is those of you who are playing multiple toons from the same IP now have to push one widdle buddon to gate

You mad?

*squint..twitch..shudder*

K lets see the extent of my "multibox" experience.....the most I have EVER multied is 3....1 was sitting in F7 building and xfer as needed..that was so rare to have 3 that its near neglegible. So most times when I multi its 2 toons. So I alt tab between those 2 toons, what do I do most often with 2 toons? 1 usually is a JE taxi, or a groupleader providing warp drag boost to slower toon. If not that, then 1 is doing some farming  and other doing a mission etc. So simply put, rarely are they together except JE WHing.

So now the Devs provide what seems a cool feature, the ability for me to drag a toon a few gates, on the rare occasion that they are together, without 4x alt tabbing rather only 2 alt tabbing each and every gate..sweet!

So before I get to even try that new wizbang feature, some turds, with the eye on exploiting anything they can, for a shortcut to XP, have to go and blow it for rest of us. Since my 2 toons are obviously on the same comp and IP,  I have to continue with the 4x alt. tabs each gate.

So yea, I'm bummed, and I'm going to gripe about it...it's my God given right to grouse! :)

Get of my grass you whippersnappers!!! Slackers....all slackers..whats with kids these day?!?

B)

• Upvote 1

Not you. 

Further more I appear to be having posting issues from my android, where did that post go?  The one mentioned as the griper is said OP demanding magic wand fixes for things he doesnt even grasp the complexity of. 

Not to mention it IS ALREADY UNDER REVIEW.

Auto-form under review still?

Good. Kick the group auto-form out because it is a feature the game does not need. Best case or worse case it is exploitable. Six individuals in group all at different IPs and five of those individuals can more or less go AFK while they get toured around the whole galaxy for HOURS. Nevermind the multiboxer who always gets blamed for something as is usually the case.

Mad ?

No not mad, just tired and gruppy.
Read the logs, I just spent four or five heavy days leveling 3 toons.
And the leveling was done the old fashion way, no exploits.
Normally I try to get back to my base at the end of the night.
The gating feature really made the trip home enjoyable.

As for magic wand fixes.
I do grasp the complexity of this EMU,
 and I am familiar with the specific code within it.

About the griping.
Nothing I say is meant to be taken serious, THIS IS JUST A GAME.
But, the forum is the place to gripe. Griping in chat is a bad Idea.
When I goose the (AH HEM) DEVs, it is actually just in fun.
They get plenty of praise on chat and in forum.

I am grateful for this EMU, and will miss it when it goes.
Just as I missed the EA version.
I did do writing on my own server, but it is not the same without a population.
And not being an overtly social person, I would not open a public server.

Have fun !

The drone kept going, WHEW !!!

Malcontent

Mad ?

No not mad, just tired and gruppy.
Read the logs, I just spent four or five heavy days leveling 3 toons.
And the leveling was done the old fashion way, no exploits.
Normally I try to get back to my base at the end of the night.
The gating feature really made the trip home enjoyable.

As for magic wand fixes.
I do grasp the complexity of this EMU,

About the griping.
Nothing I say is meant to be taken serious, THIS IS JUST A GAME.
But, the forum is the place to gripe. Griping in chat is a bad Idea.
When I goose the (AH HEM) DEVs, it is actually just in fun.
They get plenty of praise on chat and in forum.

I am grateful for this EMU, and will miss it when it goes.
Just as I missed the EA version.
I did do writing on my own server, but it is not the same without a population.
And not being an overtly social person, I would not open a public server.

Have fun !

The drone kept going, WHEW !!!

Malcontent

Got Troll? *yawn*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hU4bwFutNw

...if you catch my drift.

:D

To everyone else:

Yes, a feature was disabled, because it was being misused due to something we did not account for. This doesn't mean it won't return, it just won't be fully enabled until we have a way to combat the problem at hand. I won't reveal the details, but let's say it was certainly a problem and thank the one who brought it to our attention instead of trying to hide it and continue misusing it.

I thought it was great.  I play 2 characters.  I moved one to another account just so I can play both a Jenquai Explorer and a Jenquai Seeker.  This feature saved me a lot of Alt-Tab time when doing trade runs.

Now I have to alt-tab at every gate again?  Like getting a peace of cake and then having it taken away before you can eat it.   :mellow: 

Since this thread keeps getting posts stripped from it...I am going to post my thoughts.

At some point we were only allowed 3 accounts and only allowed to log in once per account, but could have all three on at once, grouped and playing with each other from the same IP.

I took a break after LIVE and when I came back we could have MANY MORE accounts and they could ALL BE ONLINE at one time.

After a patch a few weeks ago we were able to group gate, stay in formation and regroup on other side of gate. I had great confidence in the DEVS and saw this a plus to the EnB community and an example of what could be possible for future enhancements.

Shortly ater the feature was added people found a way to exploit it by gating through faction gates as a leader that the others in the group would not be able to go through naturally.

A patch was added to stop that. The DEVS made it so you had to be of the correct faction, regardless of leader, to go through the gate. The DEVS acted quick with patch and it seemed to be resolved.

With the next weeks update the DEVS made a patch so that same IP's could not group gate anymore. They realized that people were creating many characters and making full groups to use the auto gate feature to gain as much explore XP as possible using the auto gate feature

My concern is...did anyone even realize this was going to happen? Do any of the devs even consider the exploiters in all the games we play and just didnt even feel this could happen?

Have the Devs ever played or developed for other games to know the extent of how far players will go to take advantage of the system?

When the group gating feature was added I ASSUMED they had considered what could happen and weighed it in their decision to add the group gating feature.

I have lost my confidence in the devs decisions for not thinking this would happen and then killing it the way they have after they implement it.

I absolutely love this game and love what has been made possible from the hard work of the DEVS. But the decision making for how the players will handle the game play is not in their skill set.

You want to see how far people will go to exploit a game like this...go see the SWGEmu forums and check out the archives. I have been involved with that game for too many years and see the worst behaviors for finding any angle they can to exploit any feature from any game to give them selves and advantage.

Never underestimte the ammount of effort  player will take to take advantage of ANY GAME!

The only thing I don't understand is, if it's been disabled until it is fixed so it can't be exploited, why can't we know how it was being exploited?  Right now it seems... well you've seen all the posts.  :-)

You don't understand how it was being exploited?

Player A has 5 accounts and logs on and creates 4 new toons on 4. He then (most likely) logs on his JE (or any toon he wants a lot of EL) and groups the whole lot of them.

Then using the new skill flies the whole group (only having to hit the gate key with the "real" toon) at each gate, quickly get EL for a full group, he is giving a universe tour with only his toons.

After gaining the EL from noob toons to the real toon, they scrap the 4 new toons and creates 4 whole new temporary toons, and repeats the process.

Rinse/repeat and your at 150 in no time.

So they want to preclude anyone from that asshat type of behaviour and have made a 1 IP rule to stop it until they can figure out a work around....got it now?

*lol while I was typing this ozone was posting :)

Ozone, they may or may not have seen what might happen, as in all things you hope for the best and would love folks to act mature and honorably, as you point out there are ALWAYS exploiters...if it CAN be done, someone WILL do it, no matter how dishonest it is.

And even the best of us at times have myopic problems, you are so busy doing some new and cool thing and want to get it out there that you don't think just how bad it can we twisted by others. As brilliant as Einstein was, he really didn't understand just how bad a Abomb was going to be, until he saw it in action, he was caught up in the intellectual challenge not the application, and others were shocked by his reaction of sadness and tears at the test, when just how destructive it was, finally dawned on him.

Edited by Mattsacre

What amazes me is Players actually thinking we don't contemplate, discuss, hold meetings, and expound on every single thing we do.

I dont understand how any of you thought having that many accounts...then making group gate....would result any other way.......??????????

I dont understand how any of you thought having that many accounts...then making group gate....would result any other way.......??????????

tunnel vision. read the suggestion topic how to fix it and you'll see it in action. none of those are viable options and would make the whole experience worse.

Well, right after "fix" there are full groups of J'nai's same named prefix, running around Cooper...

Does it stop self tours? Ofcourse no... 

Multibox softwares are there for that reason. Click somewhere on screen, it clicks on same place on every client... in this case, gate button ;)

Edited by SiSL

Even stopping third party programs won't prevent this. Anyone with a half decent computer can run 6 accounts at once. I can think of a few players who do it legitimately. This was an issue before the group gate change and will continue to be an issue. I can think of three fixes if the Devs really want to put an end to this:

1) Make it a TOS violation to run disposable alts on explore tours. Have no limits on game play to prevent it. Couples/Family/Friends can still play together and have the full features of a group.

2) Block/Limit explore experience in a group with multiple characters on the same IP. 

3) Add a character deletion or creation timer. One IP can only delete/create 5-10 characters per day.

3) Add a character deletion or creation timer. One IP can only delete/create 5-10 characters per day.

I think this is only "sane" way without getting nerf bat into hands....

Forums here easy to talk (and as general info, we are here often here as vocal minority), but half of server is multiboxing (I'm not saying half of server running 6 clients or doing such tricks) they just play one or two accounts at least at same time, and they enjoy this, take this away and you'll loose a lot of people...

Edited by SiSL

Just to mention, its not really half, and the numbers fluctuate a lot (so this should not be taken as the "always", in fact this is one of the highest multibox percents ive seen yet)

319 toons online, 217 are unique currently.  Meaning 33% are multiboxed toons, and most of them are the same 6-10 people running 4+

The last week that multiboxed number has hovered less than 25%, so "most" players are playing single toons, believe it or not.

My concern is...did anyone even realize this was going to happen? Do any of the devs even consider the exploiters in all the games we play and just didnt even feel this could happen?

Have the Devs ever played or developed for other games to know the extent of how far players will go to take advantage of the system?

When the group gating feature was added I ASSUMED they had considered what could happen and weighed it in their decision to add the group gating feature.

I have lost my confidence in the devs decisions for not thinking this would happen and then killing it the way they have after they implement it.

I absolutely love this game and love what has been made possible from the hard work of the DEVS. But the decision making for how the players will handle the game play is not in their skill set.

You want to see how far people will go to exploit a game like this...go see the SWGEmu forums and check out the archives. I have been involved with that game for too many years and see the worst behaviors for finding any angle they can to exploit any feature from any game to give them selves and advantage.

Never underestimte the ammount of effort  player will take to take advantage of ANY GAME!

Did anyone realize? No, this was intended to be something to be nice to players and make your lives easier. Do we consider exploitation? What kind of question is that, surely you don't think we completely ignore this sort of thing.

Have the devs played/developed:
I'm sure they've played them, but the perspective of a player is very different to that of a developer. The player sees things from their point of view, a developer has to look at the big picture with every change. However, them having played is definitely no guarantee that they're going to hang out in the circles that like to exploit the game, or to use unintended features to their advantage rather than report them.

Your confidence in us is your business though, nothing I can say to that... or rather nothing I care to say. :) I don't know if YOU have ever developed an MMORPG, but they're quite a large beast, and the fact that i've got a team of maybe 15 people at any given time, and that AAA studios use something in the range of 30-100 professional developers should put some pause on your statements, but then you wouldn't know that kind of thing unless you're an industry insider.

That being said, I would like everyone to understand that the only person here who is 'qualified' for game development, is me. The people that only program are good with their languages, but are not certified for game development. Its an entirely different type of programming than it is for programming something like an office app. The entire content dev staff are volunteering amateurs in terms of development. However, saying that, it is not to say that many of them haven't learned a lot in their time on staff. Frankly, though, with that to have someone do all that critical thinking is a full time job, something none of us can contribute because we can't get paid via this, and we have to go out and earn our living elsewhere.

Anyway, some food for thought and maybe it'll help inspire some confidence.

I haven't lost my confidence in the Devs, at all. They do a lot of work to make this game, and add things to it that the original never had.

Some parts of it need adjusting, fixing, whatever. But, this is true of any game.

(Now can I have healer agro lowered? :P )