Disable IP6: Crashes & dropping - Try this

Hello Players!

Based on a thread/convo between Kyp and players, we suspect the implementation of Microsoft's "prefer IP6 over IP4" mechanism in Windows 7+ being the cause for some players having connection issues when gating/docking.

If you dont need IP6 as of yet (if you dont know what it is, you prolly dont need it) follow this guide to disable it and see if it helps your connection problems.

If you are experiencing other things suddenly not working in the internal network anymore (because they are maybe using IP6), simply revert these steps.

Bring up your network connection properties. Right click on the "Network" icon on the desktop (or in the control panel) and select "PROPERTIES" from the context menu.

This will bring up a screen like this:

[attachment=2332:1.png]

Here you click on the left side "change adapter setting", which will bring up this screen:

[attachment=2333:2.PNG]

You will see your network adapter, the one we want to change is the internal one, mostly named something like "local area connection".

Right click this adapter and chose "Properties" again:

[attachment=2334:3.png]

This will bring up a properties dialog like this:

[attachment=2335:4.png]

In this dialog uncheck the "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP6)"

Close all via "OK" blablabla...

Thats it!

• 1 year later...

I did this, and I'm still having problems gating/docking.  It doesn't happen every time, but if I'm playing for more than 5-10 minutes the game lags up to the point of not doing anything (or sits on the loading screen).

Same here. Disabled IPv6, changed MTU, opened ports in my router, turned on landing/docking/gating cams, changed TSO settings (Can't connect at all when doing that), tried Lock Port (Won't load past galaxyscreen).

I'm on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, running the game with XP SP3 compatibility)

Whenever the game hangs at the loading screen, it shows a green arrow, saying "Waiting for Server" in the taskbar, and i have to right-click that and exit.

Edited by Desphex

Hi Zack,

I follow everything on the forum about gate crashing and how to solved. sofar none works.

My situation:

Broadcom 1gb network , I3 CPU, 16gb mem, OS: win7 pro tcp/ip6 disabled.

Provider XS4all and they say change MTU back to 1500 but that doesnt go. i have set the MTU at 1472 the first reply wat i have on ping -f -l 1472 ping.xs4all.nl

i can only lower then 1472 i have tryed way back to the 768 as valua from 1472 test then 1471 test until i stopped at 768 (its nuts to do)

I also have the program TCPOptimizer and run it as admin did a mtu test with large packet and the result i have are MTU=1500

if i go back to MTU 1500 or leave it at 1472 the gate crashing is still on and only at gate to zweihalder from witberg and Luna.

Jamoos notice that xs4all is blocking the packet that i recive back from the game when i want to enter that gate. xs4all say we dont block any packets related to games.

and they advice me to set the MTU valua back to 1500. (windows default setting). talked to a expert on networking at xs4all.

however i didnt had this problem last year with an older version of the fritzbox. i notice now that it came wen we got a new modem fritzbox 7360.

is there a way to solve this problem ? i have this now for almost 8-10 months and it never botterd my until the new content is in the game.

im also considering to go for a other provider then xs4all but my wife wont let me do it. so im stuck with xs4all. witch is fine overall only not for the gating problem.

i hope you can find a sollution for this gate crashing to zweihandler.

PS: it also failed when single box or multibox, laptop, new computer.

best regards John alias DoddelPW

Edited by Doddel

• 3 weeks later...

the modem i had before on XS4All was an old one atleast a year old. but its posible thats the fritzbox is fucking up. you could always ask for a difrent brand of modem. ( never liked fritzbox ). its XS4All thats blocking the packets or its the soft/hardware from then on the fritzbox.

• 3 weeks later...

i have this problem, that the game lags down to unplayble on 3 computers.

2 running w7 ultimate and the laptop running w8 enterprise.

the 2 pcs are at different places and different network providers ADSL resp. cable.

how long it takes until it is slow changes. it can be 5 minutes, it can be 30 or more minutes.

seems to be related to the number of players

the 2 pcs are at different places and different network providers ADSL resp. cable.

how long it takes until it is slow changes. it can be 5 minutes, it can be 30 or more minutes.

You have the prototype reorder box checked on the launcher?

Did you have Windows set to use all cores of the processor?

For Windows 7 :

Startbutton, Run, type MSCONFIG and press enter.

go to the Startup Tab, and select Advanced Options.

There you can set the cores windows can use, as well as how much memory it can use.

(did this from a Dutch version, so not sure if the tab/buttons are correctly)

I think it's about the same for Windows 8, but not sure. If someone knows, post it here.

Hope it helps.

• 1 year later...