Mob swarming

Is it really the Devs intension to have the mobs working like it is now?

As a PW you can not go out hunting a mob 10 levels below your own CL.

You start shooting one mob, and before you know it mobs from 10k away start paddling towards you,

so that in 20 sec youre swarmed with 8-10 mobs (10 cl lower than your own) and more comming from far and wide,

and cant even fight them off as a PW, who is supposed to be a tank.

The other day i started fighting one mob at a nav and had to flee 25k away...sat there awhile and to my surprise

the mob was comming at me.... 25k away!

Something is seriously wrong with mob AI and needs to be changed and toned down.........All this call for help, linking

and obviously seeing me from 25k away makes it not a fun and challanging game, it makes it a job terminal grind!

:(

//Pritcher

• Upvote 1

First of all i agree with everything Pritcher said. Whatever is going on when a PW has to flee from battle killing lower lvl mobs something is wrong.

In Live my PW focused on mobs 5-8 levels above my own.

Darkk said to me ingame the other day that all mobs are working correct and have there scan range at right lvls.

Sadly they don't see the real problem..  i pointed this out again and again but failed to get any response.

Ok heres the problem in a nut shell...

I face 2 mobs in the area..  1 is 12k away from me and the other is 4k away from me.   My sig is 0.5k.  The mobs are lvl 13-16.

I target the mob 4k away and use follow..   At 3k he sees me and goes to combat mode.  Now he uses his Iphone4 and starts calling his buddies for help.  (He uses the call for aid command) .."-Hey theres a JD over here you cant see couse he is out of your scan range. Can you come help me kill him?..   -omw"

Next im facing 2 mobs..   So any way you look at this i have in effect drawn aggro from 12k away.  Reguardless of my sig or the mobs scan range.  Its all about the mobs call for aid range.

This screws up the hole gamemechanics.  Even jobmob act on the call for aid command.  I have my jobmob and some other at a nav..  i fire at my mob who instantly uses CFA (call for aid)  The other jobmob turns and fires at me..  couse he is ordered to do so..  then he stops as other game commands tells him not to fire on me not beeing the right player.

Ok..  what happens if the area has a total of 8-15 mobs in same cathegory?  What happens is that you get swarmed by multiple mobs and they never stop comming..  They may not repeat the command in chain..  but once a new mob agroes he can use it to call another.. and another, and another..  so its actually still a chain effect.

This is ruining the hole game for me. Its actually become super boring to do jobs, tour and trade runs. Maby you can handle yourself solo if you use 2 alts and multibox..  a healer, tank and extra dps/buffer..  But it sure as hell wasent ment to be played like that. I truly enoy playing only 1 character as the game was designed for. I mostly have an alt for some jumping and to aid in trade matters.

It makes me sad that no Dev has wanted to comment on this issue as if there isent even a problem here. Or do you want this to be?

My sig matters not, my class spesific spells are undermined and mutiple items are all rendred useless because of this CFA..

Westwood created a complexed, delicate, balanced combat system for diffrent combat styles and they took 5 years in doing so.

Maby its time to try and figure out what actually made this game so great..  For me its simple.  This game is focused on FUN.

There aint nothing fun in getting swarmed..  nothing fun in trade runs or terminal jobs. Thoes are only a means to an end for extra xp in between.

I say all of this with the deepest respect for the team and the work beeing done. Just don't loose your footing. I still have hopes for EnB to once again become the best game out there.

//Johnsilver

• Upvote 3

Is it really the Devs intension to have the mobs working like it is now?

As a PW you can not go out hunting a mob 10 levels below your own CL.

You start shooting one mob, and before you know it mobs from 10k away start paddling towards you,

so that in 20 sec youre swarmed with 8-10 mobs (10 cl lower than your own) and more comming from far and wide,

and cant even fight them off as a PW, who is supposed to be a tank.

The other day i started fighting one mob at a nav and had to flee 25k away...sat there awhile and to my surprise

the mob was comming at me.... 25k away!

Something is seriously wrong with mob AI and needs to be changed and toned down.........All this call for help, linking

and obviously seeing me from 25k away makes it not a fun and challanging game, it makes it a job terminal grind!

:(

//Pritcher

this has been an issue for awhile (since going live). if you think its tough on a warrior try it on an explorer. there is no good reason for this call for aid command on normal mobs, bosses and raid mobs I can understand but not the normal mobs. it has ruined the game mechanics. and should be removed completely. pumped up mob agro lvls, and dps is more then enough challange to deal with during the combat grind.

• Upvote 2

... not sure why you all are still complaining about this....pretty much a working as intended since original live.....PW always died a lot till 135+ then they were in thier own element.. i remeber my pw at level 90 solo i always died.. i always needed groups...

progen are scan blind mostly.....i hate that worse..lol  WTB more scan buffs for progens...

You know you have to be mobile in this game rather than sit and wait all mobs to come to you at a spot and kill without moving your ship... While Terran learned this fact the easy way, Progen needs to learn it as backwards-kite due to facing issue. Beams of mobs very dangerous and most mobs are slow to turn around themselves, don't get near them... or don't let them come to you, sway, get to their behind, be like Star Wars battles not Star Trek battles.... 

You know most "curious" mobs stop following you after a while if you don't damage them but focus on what you would kill...

Edited by SiSL

... not sure why you all are still complaining about this....pretty much a working as intended since original live.....PW always died a lot till 135+ then they were in thier own element.. i remeber my pw at level 90 solo i always died.. i always needed groups...

progen are scan blind mostly.....i hate that worse..lol  WTB more scan buffs for progens...

People are still complaining because its not how the game was designed to be played. It wasent "Intended" by Westwwod..   thats why they never gave regular mobs commands to interact like this.  A pw has always needed to work around a big sig.. but was given the firepower and shileds to handle a few extra mobs.

Terrans stayed at far, pulled mobs single but suffered a less output in dps. 

Jenquai had only there low sig to rely on.  Once the mobs see you handling 1 can be a tuff enuff job..  but you could sit really close to a spawn and still see em with high scan range.

All of  these by westwood "intended" and designed combat mechanics fails to work propperly if the mobs can pull help from eachother like there big groups.

Mobs are individuals just like players and only a selected few where ever group agro.

//Johnsilver

• Upvote 1

pw were fine pre HDC nerf....then they really got screwed.i never really understood the TW whine that got the HDC nerfed so badly since they were kiters anyways.  Use to be 6/6 PW hdc buff tankinggroup then they would get area repaired....