Not sure if this was an intended change, but before the patch 1/22/13, Black beard himself (final boss) was hitting for about 40k dmg. POST patch, we were getting one shotted. What made us wonder was the following stats:

PW with 70% HDC + Seal of the Dragon

160k Shields

+84 all resistances

4 Dedicated healers spamming heals at differant intervals.

One shotted without being able to get even a single heal off. After the initial volley, we were able to keep the healers up until GoBB fired off another volley that killed the PW.

Not asking to nerf anything, or ranting, just wanna know if this is how the encounter is meant to be, or is something amiss?

We called for a gm/dev to come observe, but none responded.

We knew Raids required re-balancing and bug fixes when we went Live.

They are very complex, and need Real-Time run throughs to see how well they work.

Some were too hard, some too easy.

In this case, Blackbeard had a super attack every 60 seconds, that was broken.

It has been fixed. Make sure to use Agro control tactics.

You may need to designate a sacrifical lamb every 60 seconds.

May require further balancing, but GoBB Raid is intended to be a 4 Group Encounter.

And Blackbeard is an Epic Encounter by himself.

Blackbeard requires every Tactic, from every Class.

Same goes for Kuei Station. Prepare.

I'm all for challenging encounters - however the server population doesn't  accommodate the ability to complete large group encounters, UNLESS you are a large guild that can field that type of raid.  I can think of two or three guilds that can field a raid that can complete this encounter.  

Encounters that require multi-guild cooperation cause drama over loot distribution and all sorts of problems.  Most of the smaller guilds won't have the opportunity to experience these encounters unless it is toned down just a tad.  

We got some ideas up our sleeve to try next time and maybe we can pull it off.  IMHO though - as long as the server pop stays what it is, some adjusting is warranted. 

How about making two tier encounters with triggers that spawn two different versions of the same encounter, one yielding less loot? Just a thought...

• Upvote 3

60 seconds the problem right now even withh two full groups he takes everyone out before u can get a heal off, so I don't see how even more groups being in on it will help. That to me means more dead even if you had two or three je's jsing those that died that is if they can get that off

It's a 4 group encounter.

So you did a test raid and came up with the 4 group encounter with 24 peeps not using uber gear do to the fact that almost no one has any ubers and your telling us that you managed to do Gob.

I doubt it, I think your just guessing like you and other DEVs have been doing and none of you have a clue whats realy going on in this game. At the moment anything to do with combat is way out of touch with reality and most players are just killing time by doing jobs or trade runs hoping something will get fixed. 

Hope you guys wake up soon before we lose all the new players we got since going live and we're back to the same old 150 hardcores...........

Edited by Rezwalker
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully you were just being sarcastic - but if not, I think your toys fell out of your pram?

Why make a pointless post, criticising without any meaningful suggestions for improvement.  How can this help anyone? 

If things need tweaking they will be tweaked - but more empirical evidence from 4 raid groups is needed before making changes.  I hardly think the Dev's are clueless but it's an easy name to throw around carelessly.

Hopefully you were just being sarcastic - but if not, I think your toys fell out of your pram?

Why make a pointless post, criticising without any meaningful suggestions for improvement.  How can this help anyone? 

If things need tweaking they will be tweaked - but more empirical evidence from 4 raid groups is needed before making changes.  I hardly think the Dev's are clueless but it's an easy name to throw around carelessly.

With 9 posts to your name you should be the last person making statements like this.

/ignored.........

We will just make them so hard you have to zerg them so only a few guilds on server can do them.....ya that will work . 

Why not? It has in the past....

It has always been the same 3 guilds owned all the raid content in all the ST, why not continue the tradition? After all what are friends for if not to give you what you want?

/sarcasm off

Criticism aside, and past experience to the contrary, they do have a play test server....they can create as many L150 toons and as much uber gear as they wish test with.

People like us just hope that  they (meaning the Devs) will eventually shake off the grogginess and heal from lumps given by all the cluebats. If you are going to make raids be 4 groupers etc. etc. make them activated or keyed events, not timed spawns, otherwise no other guilds or groups of people will get to experience your vaunted content, other than the same 3 guilds filled with your personal circle of friends.

If you can make them keyed or activated then perhaps some of us "lesser-undeserving-pions" could actually experience the content, as we cobbled together a raid, from several "lesser" guilds rather than miss out from it being "owned" by larger guilds when timed spawns.

• Upvote 1

With 9 posts to your name you should be the last person making statements like this.

/ignored.........

It might be a alt account Rez, they post what will get them flamed with it and post with another otherwise.

Not a good practice to put peeps on ignore, how will you know they are plotting against you if you can't hear them? :)

Ghost of Blackbeard is the most difficult Raid Encounter in the Game, because he also drops some of the most Uber Items.

Players will need to work together to complete it, using advanced Tactics.

If that means forming a large Guild, or forming a large PuG (Pick Up Group), so be it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do test these things, extensively. Don't fool yourself by thinking we don't.

What doesn't help is complaining that you find it too hard.

What does help is giving examples why you feel it's too difficult.

At the point we can look into adjusting that particular area of the Raid.

Like I mentioned earlier, Raids are very complex.

However, we do want you to enjoy the game, and we want raids to be fun yet challenging.

We are always looking for Feedback, so we can address areas of the game that might need adjusting.

My only suggestion would be to tone down Gobb's attacks a bit, atleast to the point where you can even get a heal off before the warriors are dead. I do understand the needing 4 groups but that really wouldn't matter how many groups you have if he switches targets and kills every warrior before you can heal any of them. Or another suggestion would be to shorten his range as in a shorter leash on him so we can do the raid like the old EA Live FB and have a JD pull the warriors back for heals.

there is a level 5 PW only AA that has inturrupt ability debuff on it... try that.....

If memory serves isn't there an AA that has a less damage buff on it?

and poeple.....use manufactured items that aren't ubers so that when you get one shoted your shinies don't lose quaility.....

All well and good Darkk, I like it. One hiccup, with two parts:

Part 1: you said aggro snagging abilities, if you mean shield repair, or hull patch, you pretty much are saying that healers should be tanks, which is... odd. Otherwise, as a PW myself with maxed enrage, even when we debuffed the target to Psionic resist, I could not get enrage to land when I needed it, when it DID land (I tried all of the differant levels of enrage, a whopping 3, unlike the TE that gets 5), it only lasted long enough to take one hit, before BB was back on the healers. So the problem is that "snap aggro" isnt working.

Part 2: HDC, while I have done extensive testing, crunching numbers and comparing notes with others that have been testing HDC (Hull Damage Control), as a PW, lvl 7 HDC gives 250% more effective hull, plus combat trance and Seal of the Dragon, (without resists, as I was told that resistances dont have any effect on hull, so I went with that assumption), I should have 320% more effective hull. However, I am taking more damage on my hull than I do on my shields, which I specifically remember on retail that it would take me close to 10 minutes to kill a single PW in arena on my JD AFTER debuffing the PW with Chimera AND Tractor Repulsor beam. PW's were also the best hull tanks for things like Fishbowl, V'rix council, AV and Temp guardian due to their insane hull damage reduction. The moment I hit hull with the current build, it's "omg omg omg omg warp, omg warp warp WARP NOW!"

For the GoBB encounter, even with a 4 group setup, the snap aggro at least needs to be addressed. Essentially, the way I understand it, Enrage is similer to "taunt" in other game elements, but it is so unreliable in it's current state that even tho I dont stop using it, I only use it to keep doing something. If enrage is not supposed to be a taunt, can we get some clear direction on what it IS supposed to be doing? I understand it makes beams and projectiles less accurate for 5 seconds, but I dont see any differance on lesser mobs that I can get enrage to land on. Damage remains teh same, and the frequency of the damage remains the same, like clockwork, tested with a stopwatch.

TL;DR: This is not an angry post, or one meant to belittle or flame in any way, just giving feedback on how the tools I have are working in a variety of methods I am trying, and being told how to try.

there is a level 5 PW only AA that has inturrupt ability debuff on it... try that.....

If memory serves isn't there an AA that has a less damage buff on it?

and poeple.....use manufactured items that aren't ubers so that when you get one shoted your shinies don't lose quaility.....

The lvl 5 AA you are referring to is the aa Mahtu Sa (L5), which only disables skill useage. GoBB doesnt use many skills (summon). From testing things like Atrophy devices, etc that have "worsen weapon handling" there is no effect (again, tested with a stopwatch on cl 60 Voltoi Wisps). 

Your last suggestion on using manufactured items is contrary to your first suggestion, but I see how you're trying to help. The first suggestion wont help on that device, and I have looked into other similer devices, and none of those have applicable uses either.

EDIT:  For the record, I was present while Static killed GoBB, and the only differance in strategy was that they had 4-6 groups to our 3. Static was able to get enough JS's going fast enough to keep the encounter flowing, an that simply requires enough players to handle the encounter. Nothing really wrong with that, but I'm sure the encounter is meant to have more interaction than spamming heals until you die, get JS'd and repeat, or shooting/debuffing until you die, then get JS'd and repeat.

Edited by Shadinaxx

I do not know how many fixes are finished to go in today, but things are a work in progress of being evaluated and rebalanced to address some of these issues.  This is just so you know, it is on our radar guys, we have been talking about it internally all week.  Make sure to check patch notes.

Just checked the patch notes, I wont be able to play the game to retest my numbers on my stop watch, but I will get to that soon(tm). Ty for the response Stanig. I did not see anything in the patch notes that directly effects the issues mentioned here however, but I (and others I'm sure) will continue to give feedback on these raid mechanisms.

Yeah like I said, it was all discussed on Sunday so realistically those that need to work on the individual fixes simply havent had the time yet (2 days), so yeah, id expect some of this to be addressed (especially the TT nuking problem) fairly Soon(tm)

Oh missing patch note that didnt make it in, i forgot to add it.

Fixed:  One of the weapon drops in the Tada-O gate raid has now been placed on the correct boss.

- what about the crystalline apparatus? (level 7 engine?)

says its less 22% damage.

- Focus of the warder:  "reduce weapon delay by 10%".

- atrophy 9  is "suppose" to lessen beam damage by 30%......

- coma 9 and range tank?  teleport enemy can keep him out of range...

-Uhtag An Ne   teran only level 8 AA decrease weapons damage by 35%

all i got..

- what about the crystalline apparatus? (level 7 engine?)

says its less 22% damage.

Decreases accuracy, aye, altho that's what lvl 3 enrage is suppoed to do, too, and doesnt have an effect. I have not personally tested the engine's debuffs, but if I get a hold of one, I will.

- Focus of the warder:  "reduce weapon delay by 10%".

This is a turbo buff, activatable on self and other players.

- atrophy 9  is "suppose" to lessen beam damage by 30%......

Already tested and not working, sadly

- coma 9 and range tank?  teleport enemy can keep him out of range...

Tried this and any "boss" encounter it's used on goes crazy an starts "rubberbanding" around until you lose track of it, after the debuff wears off, the boss returns to it's original spot (usually) and resets the encounter

-Uhtag An Ne   teran only level 8 AA decrease weapons damage by 35%

Havent tested this one either, but the debuff is the same as the atrophy, so I dont have alot of faith in it.

Really appreciate the suggestions, I'll give the engine a shot after I loot one 

Edit: tidy'd up the multi quotes

Edited by Shadinaxx

lol, 

Enrage fun,

i got a PW, PP and PS in a group, the PS has the largest sig.

Warp to a mob and stop at aproxematly 4k, the mob agro's the PS (he has the largest sig so its natural that the mob attacks the PS).

Now the PW with max Enrage and a 200% skirmish omega (+3.5 skill) enrages the Mob. The enrage lands, no risist message and i get the nice red thingies around the mob who do you think the mobs keeps attacking? The PS ofcause ....

PW now debuffs the mob with the omega shield and instantly gets agro....

2e try

warp to the same mob, 56 drone in bbw, to about 6k range so no one gets agro.

Press enrage, resisted..., press enrage again, voila message 'the drone has been enraged' nice graphic effect and ... doesnt even agro the darn thing, hmmm

What the h*ll is this skill supposed to do...