Running multiple clients simultaneously (multiboxing)

So right phorloug if only the consequences of boxing could of been seen not from the effect it would have in 2013 bur the effect in 2016.

Where boxers feel entitled to log entire fleets in having a terrible effect on those trying to play the game solo.

But oh well I would assume now that 60-75% of people logging in are infact boxers..... Its not the boxing I draw the most issue with its the way some of them act . It has a negative effect on the game and creates anger and negativity in the people not boxing creating even more bad feeling and toxicness.

Its proven bad for the community in the fact that easily 50% of people logged in constantly are boxers and the number is extremely low to begin with but nothing to be done now.

Just wish they'd dissalow it in combat ....... The game should not favor boxers in combat ......There should never be a point where a solo player playing the game as intended can lose out to someone logging in 6 ships.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:27 AM, Themevictory said:

Hi Huron,

Nice job putting up such a valuable tool.

Thanks

However Download link has been broken for a while.

I can also see that you have removed your toon icon so it may be a sign of not playing earth and beyond anymore.

But there are no alternatives download on the Net, so I am forced to make a request on fixing this broken link.

Can you do it please?

Thank you

Best Regards,

ThemevictoryPW

I didn't think the "Client already running" error message was still a problem.  I believe there was a change in the launcher last year to grab a random port number instead of using a pre-chosen port list, I would have thought that would eliminate this error message the vast majority of the time.

I speak from experience,

When you are alone in a sector / late hours / want to do a mission but you are alone or don't have a certain class player, multiboxing is very efficient.

I just spent  2 days trying to gather interest for help with a raid, as I like to battle with others and enjoy the camaraderie it brings with it  but nobody was interested, in the end I just multiboxed it with a couple of guildies. This is exactly why people end up  making a stack of alts. I guess just standing in OMP or F7 chatting is way more interesting these days.

• 5 months later...

Don't take it personally Felix - the game server has been up the spout for the last 36 hours or so... it's nothing that you're doing wrong... apparently it's all to do with the firewall configuration on the new server... I managed to load a character last night... ONCE... but haven't been able to repeat that minor success since!!

Don't give up - we have hiccoughs, but this isn't the "norm" in terms of reliability... the team work really hard & generally, manage to do a stunning job in feeding our collective addictions :) hopefully we'll see you ingame soon & then there'll be no looking back :)

Normal service **SHOULD**l be resumed soon(tm) 

H

thanks, but no hard feelings toward you guys, I'm truly grateful that this game is back up and running I'm just bummed because I can't play lmao. Just wish I was more tech savvy that I could probably do better with some of my minor issues when it comes to gameplay. thanks again for keeping this game running for the crowd :)

• 4 weeks later...

The dropbox.com link  to the release.rar file containing geepee's binary-hacked client.exe no longer works.  Fortunately I got a copy of it before it went down. I have put it back for upload.  Link to the zip file and actual instructions are on my Damage Inc website at http://damageinc.cryptic.com/Patches.html

I did a binary diff of it against the original and it does indeed only have a small one-byte change.  However I encourage you to use standard due diligence in scanning any binary executable downloaded from the internet.

I've been using this patch for months now, and have never seen the 'Earth&Beyond is already running' on the PC running the patched client.exe.

Edited by Zarg
fix url
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 27.11.2016 at 9:15 PM, Zarg said:

The dropbox.com link  to the release.rar file containing geepee's binary-hacked client.exe no longer works.  Fortunately I got a copy of it before it went down. I have put it back for upload.  Link to the zip file and actual instructions are on my Damage Inc website at http://damageinc.cryptic.com/Patches.html.

I did a binary diff of it against the original and it does indeed only have a small one-byte change.  However I encourage you to use standard due diligence in scanning any binary executable downloaded from the internet.

I've been using this patch for months now, and have never seen the 'Earth&Beyond is already running' on the PC running the patched client.exe.

well it seems your link is dead as well :(

Any hope getting the file?

Site is still there ; file is still there.  You might have been experiencing temporary problems.   There are a few other private mirrors of the file, and if needed I can u/l it to some other site.    Even compressed its 3.0Mb in size, so too big to attach here.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2017 at 10:58 AM, Dosenbrot said:

well it seems your link is dead as well :(

Any hope getting the file?

The site is still up, it's just a typo in the link (remove the trailing dot).

On 11/27/2016 at 6:15 PM, Zarg said:

The dropbox.com link  to the release.rar file containing geepee's binary-hacked client.exe no longer works.  Fortunately I got a copy of it before it went down. I have put it back for upload.  Link to the zip file and actual instructions are on my Damage Inc website at http://damageinc.cryptic.com/Patches.html.

It's not a temporary outage: The link has a dot in the URL after the ".html" that's why it claims to be broken. Remove the dot and it'll work for everybody. :-)

Edited by akeean

well I finally took the time to install this .. 

works great for me .. i also macroed my launch routine because i run 4 toons on one cpu .. now i can launch and go make coffee when i return im up and running : )

• 5 weeks later...

I have been away from the forums for quite a while, so I did not notice updates on this topic. And yeah, I switched my hosting platform around a bit and did not notice this file missing after re-uploading.

So once again the file is uploaded back to my website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Fly safe.

Huron.

On 5/2/2016 at 5:38 PM, Flip said:

I didn't think the "Client already running" error message was still a problem.  I believe there was a change in the launcher last year to grab a random port number instead of using a pre-chosen port list, I would have thought that would eliminate this error message the vast majority of the time.

The multi client running detection actually does not work based on port used, so random ports will not do anything against this detection. Instead it is a singleton lock with a specific name, which is what my tool aimed to bypass.

Dunno if proxy update fixed it, but I went back and fixed the bad url in my prior post.  Thanks to Akean for spotting it.  Poop on the forum editor that put the period ending the sentence with proper grammar into the html link, thus breaking it.

Made a new version of the unlock tool, see attached screenshot.

It now has support for multiple layouts and options to turn on/off certain functions.

- Minus and Plus button in front of the Layout dropdown, you can use to remove the current selected layout or add a new one. 

- Add Client button, will add a new row to the grid below, which resembles a game client. 

- Minus button in front of the row, use it to remove a client from the layout.

- Game Client dropdown, per row, use this to manually assign a game client to this row (auto sets the location and the accountname). If you have Auto Assign Clients on, you don't need to do this manually.

- Left, Top and nudge buttons, use these to set the client to the location you want.

- AccountName, if you fill this in and a game client is started and attached to this row, the title of the game client will be updated with the account name, to easily see what account should be (or is) logged in in this client.

- Remove Multi Client, removes the original multibox limit (already running). If you have the fixed client.exe or you know the last proxy update fixed this already, you can turn this off.

- Auto Assign Clients, monitors launches of game clients and if you defined a layout with one or more clients, automatically assigns the client to a row in the layout (sets the location and the accountname in the title)

- Auto Accept TOS, clicks the I Agree button on any game client that is being started.

- Auto Interrupt Sizzle, interrupts the Earth & Beyond sizzle intro movie on a started game client.

- Start All Clients, spawns a new game client for each of the rows in the grid of the current layout. Once enough clients are there, it stops spawning them. Button is only enabled when the Auto Assign Clients option is turned on.

- Kill all Clients, technically you can already to this per gameclient (row), but just a shortcut to do them all at once.

Bonus, if you have Auto Assign Clients on, and one of the clients crashes (or hangs and you have to kill it). You can use the Start All Clients button, this will spawn the missing game client and put it in the row that is now empty, so it will be as if it never happened ;) 

Questions, remarks, bugs, feedback, let me know :)

Fly safe.

Hur.

UnlockToolv2.png

Edited by Huron

Hi Everyone, 

I'm back to play this again and haven't played since retail in beginning! Having multiple clients open is working for me in Win7 just fine, can I get them open on different monitors? I have 2 and it would be great to use both. Cannot seem to move the one in windowed mode to another screen... how to?

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Catsneezer said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm back to play this again and haven't played since retail in beginning! Having multiple clients open is working for me in Win7 just fine, can I get them open on different monitors? I have 2 and it would be great to use both. Cannot seem to move the one in windowed mode to another screen... how to?

Thanks.

You can try holding shift while you right click on the client in the taskbar, that usually gives you the option to "move" which allows you to drag the client around.

If all else fails you can also try the tool that is attached to this thread in the first post, it allows you to make a layout and has textboxes/buttons for easy positioning.

• 1 month later...

Greetings.

I just tried this program out.

I must say it does indeed make positioning the clients easier, and the Account name tags is helpfull.

That said, some constructive criticism. Its very slow at what it does. , tbh i was expecting the clients to open up at least as fast as i could open them manualy. if at all possible i sugest speeding up the process significantly.

Sugestion for additional functionality. I dunno about other people but i run my alt clients at 640x480 and my main at 800x600. So what i sugest if possible, add functinality to set resolution to the each specific client.

Non the less, after they are all up, this program makes it easier to keep them going should 1 client fail at gating or some such.

nice job :D

Edited by ArmageddonKnight

Hey ArmageddonKnight,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

I did my best to make it as fast as possible actually. Spent some time on doing just that. The main time consumer is the removing of the multi client lock, which was the method used by EA to prevent multiple instances to be loaded. To do this I need to spawn a process in the background that removes a mutex lock, this is taking some time.

Also the "auto-interrupt-sizzle" option actually has to wait until the video is playing and this detection is also a bit slower than a normal human could check/do.

So all in all, there might be some performance improvement possible, but I don't see this happening any time soon. Especially since I'm not actively playing atm and working on other stuff.

The multi resolution one is actually something I thought off and wanted to make for myself as well, but it's on the backburner due to more pressing stuff I have to take care off. If I get some more spare time I will definately take your comments into account.

Hurons.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Zackman said:

There is no need for such tool.

The proxy adresses this issue already since the last update.

Back when this tool was first created there was a need. If the proxy does this now, good, then this features can be ticked off in my tool.

All features are optional and can be enabled or disabled.

I used it mainly for positioning clients and knowing what account is logged in where, especially if one client crashes.