Running multiple clients simultaneously (multiboxing)

I am very fond of multiboxing, but I have hit my head more than once on the "already running" message.

Since I am reluctant to create new windows accounts and use that workaround, or use any other sandbox environment, I decided to look at the locking mechanism in place and try to create a workaround/fix for that. 

I have created a Net7MultiClientUnlocker for this purpose and I have been getting great results with it. Sure, every now and then I still get this message, once. But that's about it. 

No virtualisation or anything fancy happening in my unlocker, just detecting the launch of a new E&B client and then attempting the remove the lock for the running client process. My tool does NOT alter the client itself in any way.

How to use?

Well, the Net7MultiClientUnlocker tool works best if no net7proxy processes are already running. So in case of closing all your clients and booting them up again, it helps to first shut any lingering net7proxy process down.

Just start the Net7MultiClientUnlocker tool as administrator, it needs administrator rights to remove the locks. Running without admin will quit the tool without showing a gui.

If started as administrator, a window will appear where messages will be logged.

Now just leave the Net7MultiClientUnlocker tool open and just use the Net7 launcher like you would normally do.

You will see messages stating that a new E&B client launch has been detected and hopefully followed by a message stating that the multi client lock has been disabled.

If the lock has been disabled, you should not be bothered by the nag screen saying the client is already running.

Like I said, every now and then there will be a nag screen that slips through (might find a solution for this in the near future but not promising anything) but all in all I have had great results using this method.

Last but not least, the download link, just unpack the zip file to a folder of your choice and run the Net7MultiClientUnlocker as administrator : 

Downloadlink

Fly safe.

Huronimous.

Edited by Huron
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, the Net7MultiClientUnlocker tool works best if no net7proxy processes are already running. So in case of closing all your clients and booting them up again, it helps to first shut any lingering net7proxy process down.

The "Already Running" nag has been the bane of my existence while playing, but the problem is not usually at startup.  I can, most times, just start 3 or 4 clients at the same time, letting the sizzle run as I start the next one, and rarely get the Nag.  The problem I have most times is a gate/dock crash and have to restart one of the clients.  THEN is when I get the damn nag.

So if I correctly read your statement I quoted, It still will help if one client crashes and I have no orphaned net 7 processes running, only ones with an open game running behind them, correct?

Oh and many thanks for working on this problem since the EMU team "don't support multiboxing" and I can understand why, they have a lot on their plate already  ;) 

Thanks for the help, Huronimous

I tried the utility and it does just what it advertises, helps open multiple instances of EnB with no "Already Running" errors.

However im getting a problem, as soon as i log in my second account, the first logged in one stops working, and if i watch the net7proxy icons in the taskbar, i can see that the second client is using the same one as the first, instead of using the newly started net7proxy.

Anyone know why this is so?

Would really like to be able to play more of my accounts at the same time, and this tool got me some of the way, by removing the error at launch.

/Gof

I tried the utility and it does just what it advertises, helps open multiple instances of EnB with no "Already Running" errors.

However im getting a problem, as soon as i log in my second account, the first logged in one stops working, and if i watch the net7proxy icons in the taskbar, i can see that the second client is using the same one as the first, instead of using the newly started net7proxy.

Anyone know why this is so?

Would really like to be able to play more of my accounts at the same time, and this tool got me some of the way, by removing the error at launch.

/Gof

Hmm, that IS strange, especially since my tool does nothing to the launcher or the client. So that process should be exactly the same as without the tool. I can start 6 clients with 6 game accounts easily this way, and they all have their own net7proxy process.

So wish I could help, but the problem you are facing is not something being caused by my tool. And I have no experience with the situation you describe so cant give you any helpful advice about it either.

Ok, thanks. I dont think its your tool, i just never managed to open 2 instances beforehand.

/Rolf

Ah I see, well I do hope someone else will be able to help you with that problem!

Just my opinion but...Just what this game DOES NOT need is a better way to Multibox. IMHO.

Don't be suprised if something is done to discourage Multiboxing, either IP limits or More severe healer or Debuff aggro. You think this is a good thing?

I guess we will have you to thank for it.

I think DEVs had the idea of increasing the Server limit to accommodate the increased player base if needed, not for the Increased Multibox useage.

I was wondering about the Logged in numbers increasing, I was hoping it was new players, But apparently its not.

Nice Job.  NOT!

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8295-looking-for-group/

• Downvote 1

To be fair Phorlaug there are well over 200 new returning players in the last few months, not all of those you see on are multiboxing, less than half actually.

Yes, that is good news.

This is a MMO.

But NOT a MMBO ? (Rhetorical)

Just my opinion but...Just what this game DOES NOT need is a better way to Multibox. IMHO.

Don't be suprised if something is done to discourage Multiboxing, either IP limits or More severe healer or Debuff aggro. You think this is a good thing?

I guess we will have you to thank for it.

I think DEVs had the idea of increasing the Server limit to accommodate the increased player base if needed, not for the Increased Multibox useage.

I was wondering about the Logged in numbers increasing, I was hoping it was new players, But apparently its not.

Nice Job.  NOT!

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8295-looking-for-group/

Well you have the right to have your own opinion and if you don't want to multibox, that's fine. But I think its naive to think my tool is the cause of (more) people multiboxing. Everyone that wanted to multibox "properly" was already using one of the 2 well known strategies, being more windows accounts or sandboxie. I just wanted those people to have another option which is much more lightweight and very easy to use. That's it.

I even multiboxed 6 toons on the live server (Galileo) regularly, and most of that was just for doing tours on my own. I bought buddy codes for that, giving skill points to my main and having 5 noob accounts for creating tour toons.

So while I agree this is an mmo, that will not stop certain ppl from wanting to be able to multibox. And with or without this tool, there will always be ppl that want to be able to multibox. Every mmo has/sees this.

And no, if I group up with others, I do NOT multibox, I play a single account. So I still participate in groups.

But lets not turn this thread into a yes/no multibox flamewar.

I love it. This solved my mulitple client issues.

Good work!

Glad it helps :)

well this explains the horrid lag as of late... I have no issue with boxing but put a cap on it please... 3 chars per ip? i know that other emu's like shards of dalaya have a 2 box cap in place but make exceptions if the users proves they are in a special case (wife/kid/brother/dog plays as well in the same house or are on a collage campus and another person is around them that plays.)

now for the response of wahh whahh i wanna 12 box... well how about no ip restrictions on donors as they are the ones paying for the bandwidth anyhow.

• 11 months later...

The link is dead. www.net7db.com returns a "server not found" error. Any chance you could post this elsewhere or attach it here?

Edit: I thought my copy had gotten corrupted when all I needed was a reboot. Since the link is actually dead (as far as I know, or at least for me) I've mirrored it on my google drive. Point your mousey-thing this way for multiboxing goodness.

Edited by treetops

If anyone is looking for a more integrated version to do this, I've cracked the /release/client.exe to not check if a client is running and just continue with starting the client.

I've been testing for over a week now and so far I haven't come across anything that crashes the game due to this modification so I figured I'd share this with ya'll.

Replace the original <enb_dir>\release\client.exe with this one and then just start LaunchNet7.exe as usual.

(for the assembly code readers amongst us; I've simply changed a jnz instruction to a plain jmp prior to getting the messagebox)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcn4iiu82haqixw/release.rar?dl=0

Edited by geepee

• 3 weeks later...

Question about the multiboxing, this game isnt exactly taxing for most newer systems but is there any forseeable issue running 2 or 3 accounts using a very middle of the road setup?

Pretty much anything produced in the last five years should be able to run multiple accounts. The only computers I've had problems with are 8 year old computers with integrated graphics. I could even run multiple accounts back in 2003 in original live. My computer back then was built for gaming, so it had some horsepower, but it was in no way top of the line.

• 7 months later...

I have a problem running multi client unlocker on one of my computers. I have W7 and a Vista machice I run the game on, It works fine on the W7 but on my Vista pc it comes up in the window box and says "Start Monitering Earth & Beyond Client Launches"  but dosn't detect the game when I run E&B.  I have it set to Admin.

any help would be appericated

Edited by Noresta

• 11 months later...

That file didn't do a thing for me, though am on a wireless connection. It appeared to be working, yet was unable to run two different accounts (on two different emails) on same wireless conenction.