LaunchNet7 errors during client update...

I started Net7 Launcher yesterday and found that there was an patch. But, I was not able to finish the updates.

Today, I went and deleted the following files in the Net7 installation folder: Net7-Version.txt, Net7-FileList.txt, Client-Version.txt, and Client-FileList.txt.

Then I loaded the launcher and allowed it to perform checks for updates for both Net7 and the client.  Net7 checked out fine, the client files were checked and updated.  Then towards the end of the client update I get the following error:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If
you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

InvalidArgument=Valu of '5' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index.

I am then presented with three buttons: Details, Continue, and Quite.

If I click on Continue, Net7 immediately jumps to the displaying the update report. And when you close that window it returns to the main window and allows you to play the game. (But, to be on the safe side I have not attempted to play the game.) Yet, when you close Net7 and the rerun it.  It automatically checks for updates for the client.  And every attemp to complete the update for the client meets with the same error and behavior.

I had even tried to reset the updates by using Launcher>Reset Updates, but all it does is state 'All updates are resetted. Do you want to start an update check now?'.  If I click on the OK button, the caption above the progress bar changes very briefly to state that it is checking for updates and the progress bar advances from the left side to the right in 2 seconds.

No logs are created in the Net7 installation log folder, and any attemp to copy the report that is shown after the error has failed.  (It seems that copying the displayed info with ctrl+c is not available.)

I have attached the detailed info from the error.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Edite:  BTW the version of the LancherNet7 as displayed it: v1.9.9

Edited  by Kialia

Okay, this is what I have done to try and solve this issue.

I have uninstalled Net7, and reinstalled it.  Same error pops up after update of Net7 and parcial update of client.

I have uninstalled Net7 and EnB and reinstalled them.  Again the same error pops up.

As I attempted to watch the update progress bar, and the current file it is working on.  It seems to get to the [EnB Install]\Data\common\network.ini file.  And the update window's buttons change from only having the Cancel button active to having all three buttons, Update, Skip, and Cancel active.  The progress bar becomes empty, with no information about what it might be doing. At which point the error pops up.  And it is the same error as outlined in my previous post.

Next I am going to try and uninstall the .Net Framework that I have installed and reinstall it to see if that will take care of the problem with Net7.

But, I sure would like to have someone get back to me about this in the mean time.

Can anyone help me here?!

I know that people are reading this post!!!

I have now gone and completely removed and re-installed EnB, Net7, and .Net 4 Framework.

And I have even gone as far as to run a test VM system, w/ complete new install of Windows 7, and I am still getting the same error while updating the client.

What I don't understand is why is this happening since 1/15/13, it was working fine prior to that date.

But, since I seem to be the only one having this problem, and no one is even bothering replying that they are checking into it.  The devs of the emulator just don't give a *&^%.

i've gotten that myself. When it happens i just select ignore and let it finish whatever it's doing. Then close the client and restart usualy doesn't show back up and game works great.

The problem is, when I select ignore, or the Continue button in this case, it immediatly shows the update report.  (BTW: the report window does not have a title at the top of the top.) Then when you close the update report window it goes to showing that you are able to play.

And when I close the Net7 Launcher and re-run it, it believes that the (enb) client is fully updated.  But when I attempt to launch the (enb) client I get a new error stating that it was unable to find the server.

And no matter how many times I retry the reload and attempt to play, that new error shows up.

Any suggestions on this?

Okay, after many hours of uninstalling and reinstall EnB, EnB_up, and Net7.  I have now gotten Net7's LaunchNet7 v1.9.9 to update with out any errors and to start EnB.

But, there are new problems going on now.

Will post those problems in there own threads.